+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was private for both of my pregnancies and was induced both times as the GD was uncontrolled (despite eating like a sparrow). With DS I was induced at 37w6 because of uncontrolled GD and liver issues. With DD I was induced at 37w0 because of the GD. I started insulin at 8 weeks and by the time DD was born my daily dosage really high. When DD's placenta was delivered there was signs of wearing so going early was the right call.

My babies were both small (3.04 and 2.71).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was private. The reason for induction in my case wasn't size of bub, but precaution due to placenta commonly starting to break down in last week or two when on insulin (can't recall the exact reason for this now).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was private and had scans at 32 weeks and another scheduled for 37 weeks. I was told bub was on the 95% and would be over 9lb /4+kgs. I was scheduled for an induction 5 days before her due date. She arrived 3.5 weeks early after I went into spontaneous labour. She was 3.4kgs slightly low BSL so spent the night in NCIU and developed jaundice. Then a week later breastfeeding jaundice., mild.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gestational Diabetes and early induction?

Just thought I would add my experience with GD in case it helps some one!

I got GD at 28 weeks with DD, by 31 weeks I was insulin and the does got higher and higher as I went along. Ate like a bird but nothing they did helped. Had a scan at 37 weeks to check bubs size and they said she was already around 8pounds so descided to induce me at 38 weeks. Although it took a few different induction technique to get it going she was born 38w2d and was only 7'2. Labour was only 3 hours! Diabetes for both of us was gone within 24 hours. She was a bit jaundice and also developed breastfeeding jaundice for a few weeks too.

I am now pg with #2 and will be doing GTT at around 24 weeks if bit earlier and doc is sure I will get it again and has already said I will be induced again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pippi For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (30-11-2012)