+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiemummy View Post
    Silly question but does the failsafe diet have a book??

Yes, two books and a DVD: http://www.fedupwithfoodadditives.in...ks/Setbuy4.htm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my ds1 just loves toast with golden syrup after me suggesting it to him this arvo...

i am keen to hear about the food/ asthma or eczsema connection, as it is a major thing for ds1 and i'm sure it effects his sleep and general behaviour.

the woolies bakery bread doesn't list all it's numbers i am sure, as it doesn't seem to be all that bad..

i am dairy free to try to help my 4 mth old bubba were extraordinarily bad reflux (vomiting blood etc), so danielle, I am wondering when you found out about your daughter with CMPI? was it when she was a bubba? I am not hvaing that much success wth the dairy thing and am thinking I MAY have to eliminate wheat as well..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by genegeenie View Post

Thankyou!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

New to the forums, but I just wanted to say that I too have just started the Failsafe diet. We saw a massive improvement within the first week of the diet and BOY do we know it when we slip up.

I'm lucky that I have the support of my family, although they live a very long way away.

It gets very discouraging trying to feed a fussy child on such limited foods, but we are getting there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    wild at heart- Yes, she was a bubba. Actually her twin was temporarily CMPI as well. They were about 3/4mths when our Dr suspected it but we didn't get them officially tested when they were little. We only tested DD2 later on after DD3 grew out of it at about 13mths. They both had reflux and what we were initially told was colic and unsettled etc. Plus excema type rashes mainly on their faces and especially around their mouth. Now that DD2 is older we now know after our last trial that apart from the rash/excema that dairy makes her feel sick and gives her tummy pains as well. We are actually waiting to see a paediatric dietician for DD2 as she is so teeny for her age. Not sure if there is something else causing problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    how do they test for CMPI?

we are going well with our eating.. since taking away lost of additives, ds1 has been having a sleep in the daytime.. how awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 6 of failsafe diet and I am amazed at the change in my 3.5yo... he is calm, NO meltdowns or tantrums (today), happy, eating, playing with his sister....

I was sceptical but very pleased to be turning around.

However, my mum gave him watermelon and orange juice today - he was visisbly different straight away - does anyone know how long the effects might last? Does this set me back much?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wild at heart View Post
    my ds1 just loves toast with golden syrup after me suggesting it to him this arvo...

maple syrup and toast is divine also. pricery but coles have ot on special at the moment. yum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LNRM4 View Post
    We use Mighty Mite.
    Where did you find Mighty Mite? I had a look at our local coles today and couldn't find it.

wild at heart- We got a referal to a paediatric allergist and she did a skin prick test to test for allergies. Intolerances aren't as easy though. She had to have 2 sticky things on her back (so she can't take them off because they get so itchy like big hives) for a while, then take them off and go back after a certain amount of time. There is a tester (which will be a bump/hive) and the milk patch. DD2's milk patch was heaps worse than the tester. Not sure if they test little ones though as most do grow out of intolerances by 12mths. First point of call would be your GP/Paediatrician. We eliminated dairy with guidance from our Dr.

genegeenie- I'm not sure, everyone is probably different. But with my girls I have noticed reactions after 30mins of having something and sometimes the reaction isn't quite as quick. Sometimes they seem better after 24hrs and other times I can still see the symptoms in them 2 days later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am feeling overwhelmed! So many foods to avoid, and as he is now sick I feel like his diet is inadequate.

It's also so hard to avoid these foods in day to day living... my mum thinks I am 'overanalysing' and tomorrow we are off to a kiddy gathering; will be full of no-no stuff.

Will perservere - his behaviour is definitely better (apart from two crazy withdrawal days), but this is no walk in the park is it.