+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    can anyone give me any suggestions on a substitute for vegemite??

Thanks
    Reviews
    so is all bread that doesn't have 282 in it ok?

is it ok to eat bread w seeds in it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re bread I think vinegar can be an issue if you are using a strict failsafe diet - and the unlisted antioxidant 319 in vegetable oil can catch you out too.

I am only new to this - on day 3 of a failsafe experiment for my little-too-bouncy boy... a few mistakes already and I am about to make pear jam for the first time... wish me luck.

Its exciting to find this thread, I'd be keen to hear more about behaviour improvement. I feel my 3.5yo boy has something eating away at him. He is anxious, inattentive, hyperactive, oversensitive - but only so fairly recently. My paed suggests its anxiety and is sending me off for autism testing which does not sit well - hence the diet.

I am cautiously confident... no wild crazy days anyway.

And a home made or failsafe vegie recipe for vegemite or somethign savoury would be fab!

almfam37 is offline Just keep cooking, cooking cooking (baby that is)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What a great thread!!! I am not doing this at the moment but my son has been showing alot of ADHD symptoms the doctors wanted me to see a pediatrician so he could assess him but to be honest i havent taken him because i dont want him on tablets, i am wanting to try working with him myself and also eliminating additives from his food. I need to do alot more research before i begin as i really know nothing about this yet but i feel much more supported now and at least have some links i can go have a look at

thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    almfam37... having just started myelf, I found this booklet off the failsafe website excellent: http://fedupwithfoodadditives.info/e...afebooklet.pdf

And this is useful too, check the other info on the left hand menu bar too:
    http://www.plantpoisonsandrottenstuf.../failsafe.aspx

Good luck researching.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wild at heart View Post
    can anyone give me any suggestions on a substitute for vegemite??
    We use Mighty Mite.

We have noticed a huge difference in our ASD/ADHD child since starting him on the failsafe diet 3 months ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Silly question but does the failsafe diet have a book??

Thanks
    Reviews
    i bought the freedom foods vege spread, but i think that it still has the bad stuff.

where can you get the mighty mite?

My ds1 is soo addicted to vegemite, i think it's because of the crap in it, so i have been making him yummy golden syrup toast.. yummmm..

being dairy free for my little one is sooo hard at the moment becasue everything seems to have diary in it, and i just made some yummy yoghurt for the kids which i cannot have.. it suxxxx

i can't find anything yummy to eat..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, we didn't go completely free but I'm wanting to eventually. We are doing it gradually. I have 3 girls, DD1 is 11yrs and DD2 & DD3 are nearly 7yrs.

We noticed a big difference even when we changed our bread and stopped buying things with MSG. They seem to be the main things that affect us. Even bread with vinegar as a preservative makes my girls quite emotional. DD1 swapped half her sandwich with a friends wholemeal salad sandwich and I could tell within 30mins of picking her up from school that she had eaten something that was affecting her. Nothing major but she was extra sensitive and emotional and thats from only 1 slice of bread.

The girls and I are all asthmatic and come to think of it we have all been pretty good lately. And this winter hasn't been too bad cold/virus wise either. We have had a few but not to the extent that we normally are. (we are normally all really sick with colds and asthma etc pretty much for the whole winter)

Aussiemummy- I printed the failsafe booklet thingy (link is in genegeenie's post) and I have the "Fed Up" book and also The Failsafe Cookbook.

I wish there was a soy yoghurt alternative for DD2. I have been letting her have it as she loves yoghurt and she's the main vegemite eater too. I haven't seen Mighty Might. I'm not sure if she will eat golden syrup toast but I will be trying it with her as well. I tried making her a soy custard but she doesn't like it.

eta: DD2 is CMPI and we also discovered last year she is allergic to colours/flavours (whichever ones they are) in starburst jelly babies. We don't normally do lollies but if we do they are Natural Confectionary Company ones but when she had 2 of the starburst lollies she broke out in hives and complained of her throat feeling "weird".
    Last edited by Dannielle; 22-09-2010 at 17:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just thought I would add about the bread that the cost isn't too bad.

When I first went to Bakers Delight I was a bit OMG at the price. But found that they do a deal for 2 loaves for $6 and then also give you a stamp on a card when you spend a minimum of $6. Then you can get a free loaf after only 5 stamps. So, the price isn't too bad in the end.