+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    bumping

and just thought of some more products for the list...

Macro:
    Organic Sultanas
    So far all of the Macro brand food i've looked at seem additive and preservative free, correct me if im wrong. (they have dried fruit, sulfur free, nuts, muesli, etc)

Philly Cream Cheese (blocks, not individual tubs)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i haven't started yet but will be soon..

my ds1 has ongoing ecezma, asthma and allergies.. and I am sure that hie bahviour could be improved by dropping some of the numbers as he doesn't sleep as well in the last 6 mths (always fabulous sleeper, but in last 6 mths is not that great).

I am basically dairy free myself at the moment as my 4 mths old has very bad reflux and has been diagnosed with failure to thrive and I am trying anything i can to try to help her.. she just will NOT eat (dr telling me she may need top be tube fed.. yikes)

where do you suggest i start with the additives.. i think my hubby would freak if we did the whole failsafe thing..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreambeliever View Post
    bumping

and just thought of some more products for the list...

Macro:
    Organic Sultanas
    So far all of the Macro brand food i've looked at seem additive and preservative free, correct me if im wrong. (they have dried fruit, sulfur free, nuts, muesli, etc)

Philly Cream Cheese (blocks, not individual tubs)
    I think most sultanas are sulphur free. My thing is I don't like the ones with oil so I get fussy with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wild at heart - sorry to hear about both bubs health issues. Hopefully trying additive free will help your DS.

I started by looking at the website "additive alert"
    i would get something out of the pantry and look at the ingredients. There is a section of the website where you can type in a name or number of something and see the health risks. Then i would try and find a replacement for this item the next time i went shopping.

The easiest thing to change (and probably the thing that affects kids most) is Bread and Preservative 282. We only get bread from Brumby's or Baker's Delight (your local baker might also be preservative free but it's best to check their ingredients).

Pre-packaged snacks are most often full of additives. So it's best to make things like muffins, slices, cakes, etc at home.

If there is a specific product you would like to know a replacement for you can always post in here and we can see if anyone buys something safe that is similar

Hope this helps. Feel free to keep asking questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma Tissy View Post
    I think most sultanas are sulphur free. My thing is I don't like the ones with oil so I get fussy with them.
    we've found many of the supermarket brands are processed using sulphur (it's not counted as an ingredient so they dont have to list it) and DS will react to them. Same with many dried fruits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    we've found many of the supermarket brands are processed using sulphur (it's not counted as an ingredient so they dont have to list it) and DS will react to them. Same with many dried fruits.
    Because it's an allergan I thought it had to be listed???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whilst myself and my family are not currently living additive and preservative free, and I haven't read through this entire thread, I just wanted to recommend a site which I think you'll all find inspirational:

http://naturallybetterkids.com/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Macro:
    Organic Sultanas
    Thanks for starting this thread Dreambeliever.

Where can you get Macro brand food?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma Tissy View Post
    Because it's an allergan I thought it had to be listed???
    hmmm...im not sure about this. I was told that they didn't have to list it. but that info could be incorrect, i shall have to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread Dreambeliever.

Where can you get Macro brand food?
    No problem. I was very confused when i started (and still make mistakes now!), i wished i could have had a starting place or people to ask advice back then.

As far as im aware only Woolworths stocks Macro. In our local woolies they are located in two sections...near the gluten free/Health food area and next to the tinned fruit (this is the dried fruit and nuts). The packs are all a dull green colour and fairly simple.

Adding another biscuit to the list...Arnotts Butternut Snaps. (My mum was just using them to make mini cheesecakes. yum, gotta love staying with mum while on holidays )

Thanks
    Reviews
    As far as im aware only Woolworths stocks Macro. In our local woolies they are located in two sections...near the gluten free/Health food area and next to the tinned fruit (this is the dried fruit and nuts). The packs are all a dull green colour and fairly simple.

Adding another biscuit to the list...Arnotts Butternut Snaps. (My mum was just using them to make mini cheesecakes. yum, gotta love staying with mum while on holidays )
    That's great, thanks Will check it out tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast