+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreambeliever View Post
    it really frustrates me! But if i had my way everything would be organic and fairtrade too

I so want to buy acerage and be as self sustaining as possible. How exciting would that be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    I have quite a reaction to preservative. The sulphates give me asthma attacks.

Its been really amazing, since I started looking into this and changing my diet how dramatically different I feel.

Over the past year my Dr has suspected so many MAJOR things that may have been wrong with me, including cancer, pernicious anemia, auto immune diseases, and the like.

Changing my diet, I feel like a new woman! My depression has lifted and I have become a much better mummy. I have energy again and feel ALIVE!
    i absolutely get it
    both DP and i have noticed that when we cheat we feel quite ill, headaches, bowel issues etc. If DP comes home with a big headache i know he's bought something from the smoko van at work!! poor guy can't hide anything from me anymore!

Dr's seem highly un-educated on the effects of additives in food . Can you imagine all the people they could help if they just thought outside the square a little!

You know i haven't considered it but i haven't had any asthma issues since we've been on this diet...and i thought it was just cause i fell preggers with DS

my depression has vanished too!
    Last edited by Dreambeliever; 07-09-2010 at 19:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummaslove View Post
    I so want to buy acerage and be as self sustaining as possible. How exciting would that be!
    OMG are you in my head??

that is our ultimate goal! it's a few years away at the moment but im getting there. And thankfully DP is of the same mind.
    Suburbia makes me ill

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreambeliever View Post
    OMG are you in my head??

that is our ultimate goal! it's a few years away at the moment but im getting there. And thankfully DP is of the same mind.
    Suburbia makes me ill
    We are a few years away too The thought of it keeps me going though. I wish we had the opportunity to do it now while the kids are still so young, I think they would learn sooo much from it.....

Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    I have 210 acres of bush and some pasture for sale.... We are very self sufficient, dont even have power or town water/sewage. LOL

Want it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I like Orgran and Deliciously Free

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh i wish mischief!
    DP is in the airforce so we don't have alot of choice where we go...and there are no bases in tazzie. Other wise id consider it!
    Also theres the cold issue...this is our first real winter (we're from north queensland and have just moved to SA this year) and im so not coping well with the cold! my idea of winter is 25 degrees! yes im a wuss

Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    Sissy! LOL

So do you guys mostly eat preservative free because of the health implications, or because you are allergic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    Sissy! LOL

So do you guys mostly eat preservative free because of the health implications, or because you are allergic?
    21 years in the tropics does that to a person!

Honestly, i really didn't know or care what i ate when i was younger. I had the worst eating habits and was just generally unhealthy. I also had shocking depression.
    When i fell pregnant with DS at 18 i started to eat a lot better (veggies and all ) and then when it came time to feed my son i looked into it more and just couldn't stomach the idea of feeding him rubbish. I looked into additives and preservatives and read the book "Nourishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon. It completely changed my life. Once you have the knowledge you can't go back

Im now that annoying person that mentions additive free living all the time! lol My mum is the director of a childcare centre and she says im now that little voice in her head that won't shut up!! she's changing the centres menu so that there are absolutely no additives

DS is quite a hyper child to begin with so i think he'd be CRAZY with additives. If he does eat foods he shouldn't (thanks mostly to MIL ) we do see a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love my whole foods and love doing whats best for my family.

FYI Dreambeliever its a little under $2000.