Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default FET cycle day 20 no change in hormones

Hi,

I am doing my first FET cycle and have a question.
    I have had 2 down reg stim cycles with ICSI with no luck. Using ICSI due to severe MFI, no femal contributing factors. I am currently doing a FET cycle and after having the AF directly resulting from a failed cycle and one since then.
    I have been having blood tests evey 2-3 days since day 8 of my cycle and am yet to have any change in hormone levels, I am now on day 20 of my cycle. I have occasionally had long cycles but not this long.
    Should I be concerned? Could the stimm cycles have affected my natural ovulation? and is there anything I can do to try and help this one 'stick'.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Long FET cycle

Hi Grebbeci.

Some cycles are longer than others for no particular reason. You have two options. One is to just sit back and wait for your ovaries to start producing a follicle ( which they will eventually) or to start an "artificial FET cycle" which is where you take estrogen daily for about 10 days to thicken up the lining of your womb. This sets a defined time frame but does have the disadvantage of requiring progesterone ( crinone or pessaries) for the next 6 weeks or so. I would stay away from taking Clomiphene to help you ovulate, as it has a slightly negative effect on the endometrium.
    Hope this is of some help.
    Dr Jessup

Similar Threads

1. Sudden and dramatic change in cycle length!
    By MadSci in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 14:02
  2. Did your cycle length change after children or subsequent children?
    By headoverfeet in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-04-2012, 13:21
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-12-2011, 15:26