+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Conceiving after a still birth

My baby boy Jay was still born at 20 wks 1 day, just over 5 weeks ago. I had the normal bleeding afterwards for around 2 weeks. I have now just got my period again & I was very confused with my different emotions. I was so excited because that means we can start trying again but I am also quite terrified already.
    I guess I was just wanting to know how long it took you to fall pregnant after a still birth & how you dealt with all the crazy emotions you go through. Im scared it will take a long time as well as scared that this might happen again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kodileesmum

After giving birth to my daughter at 23 weeks last Dec, we waited 1 cycle then started TTC again. It felt right for us.

DP and I are fortunate we conceive easily and I fell pregnant 2nd cycle of trying. Unfortunately I had an early M/C.

As far as how I handle my emotions, I guess the all-consuming desire to have a baby is totally driving me. Yes I worry and yes I have MANY moments of overwhelming grief but it's not ever present.

You'll know when you're ready. Whether it's you feeling right to TTC or perhaps you'll just go ahead even though you don't think you can...it's such a personal thing for the 2 of you.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your reply. I'm sorry to hear of your losses.
    We are going to try again asap, I am desperate to be pregnant again, I just hope I don't send myself & everyone around me mad because of my worry during pregnancy.
    Good luck to you too xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im sorry for your loss Kodileesmum! RIP little JAY!

I hope you fall again soon!

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Kodileesmum & AJGirl08. I am so sorry to hear of your losses I felt like a mum without a baby when I came home from the hospital that feeling of being lost, in a limbo drove me to wait two cycles and then try & fall pregant on the 3rd. I just had to have another baby - not to replace my DD but I just needed a baby - maybe you can understand that feeling?
    Mind you, I was so scared, worried if it would happen again, I'd say from the time from DD1 death till DD2 birth, I was probably depressed in a way, until DD2 was in my arms I wasn't going to be happy.
    I guess the worry will always be there, we just need to learn to manage it in a way that doesn't get carried away.
    I wish you girls the very very best, and I hope for some wonderful news in the future xxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's been just over 7 weeks since we lost our Angel baby Jay. My husband has been working away, he has only been home about 4 days since we lost him.
    The next few days should be my most fertile time & it just so happens that hubby is coming home tomorrow for 4 or 5 days. So wish me luck!

simba6 is offline Always bring your own sunshine! :-D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So very sorry to here about your little man.
    I gave birth to a s/b boy @ 24weeks in Jan 08,i was pregnant again in june and ended in m/c, then pregnant again Aug which also ended in m/c, i was pregnant again in oct, and gave birth to a health little boy in july 09,only you know when the time is right,i may have tried to soon,due to lossing my baby due to placental abruption, so needed more time to heal, but the over whelming need and want to try again got the better of me. A friend of mine was pregnant 3mths after loosing her little girl and had no prob at all. You will know, and you have a little helping hand with wings. Rip baby Jay

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    good luck codieleesmum!
    I lost DDs twin, but she is 4 months old now. we will TTC around xmas (7months old and 11months since we lost twin b)
    I'm terrified that it will happen again.
    we never really TTC after our losses (so many over 10years), we just didn't think about it, and it happened when it happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to you Kodileesmum! I really hope you will succeed and have a smooth pregnancy. Do keep us update with your good news.

I've just recently lost my baby gal @36 weeks just 2 months ago. I too wanted badly to have another child but my DH is not ready for it. It's getting into my nerves and it's kind of hard for me to move along but there's no point if he's not ready. Anyway i'm waiting for my cycle to start again. Menses is taking ages to come back. Doc says it might be stress.

How I envy you that you DH has the same goal with you. I wish you both the best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Four months and two days ago, my DS#1 was born sleeping at 31wks.
    No doctors were willing to say we were ok to TTC, as the risk is still high for us, but we decided after two months to avoid pg, but not use contraception as we would have been ok with getting pg. As of this cycle, we are actively TTC

I'm currently in the TWW, and trying not to get too excited/hopeful!

I'm sorry to hear of your losses, and wish you all the very best as you TTC