User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Centrelink and Vaccinations

Do you know when centrelink get upset about your child not being fully immunised? I have heard of people having their CCB cut off because of it.

The reason i ask is that DS is 20 months and still hasnt have his 18 month needles. I keep meaning to have it done, but he never seems to be really 'well' IYKWIM. He has had a lingering little cough and a runny nose for a few months now, Dr says its just a virus, but i dont want to vax him while he still has symptoms.

So i am not sure what to do about childcare? Should i just do a Conciencous objector form? Or is there another way around it?
    Dec '08
    Feb '11

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    the 18 month one is just the chicken pox vax which IMO if a waste of time anyway
    both my boys have never and will never be getting it done and according to the immunisation register they are 'up to date'
    It's a woman's choice what she does with her own body, but when she is entrusted with the care of another life, whether in her womb or as a newborn, she has an added responsibility.
    The importance of this should be far greater than her own needs.

24/12/06 Rylan Jonathon & 27/09/08 Ezekiel Arthur & Hazelle Mary 06/08/2010
    my homebirthed girl

Cloth bum, co-sleeping, boobiefed beautiful babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    well they paid me the allowance anyways! Did you have to do the CO form to be up to date?

I am not particularly sold on the CP vaccine as it is, but thought i should, because i dont want him to bring it home from daycare when i am preggers or have a little bub in the house
    Dec '08
    Feb '11

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    nope didnt need a co form just for that vax either
    It's a woman's choice what she does with her own body, but when she is entrusted with the care of another life, whether in her womb or as a newborn, she has an added responsibility.

my homebirthed girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    You either have to be up-to-date with the scheduled vaccinations or sign a C.O. form in order to keep your CCB.

If you're still recieving the payment even though you've not signed a C.O. form and haven't vaccinated then something is screwed up in the system and you've been lucky.

They don't demand that your child be done RIGHT NOW either... I think you get a bit of leway, but you should still do one or the other ASAP.
    I've now lost 42kg thanks to my gastric sleeve surgery!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps4765124b.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    You either have to be up-to-date with the scheduled vaccinations or sign a C.O. form in order to keep your CCB.

If you're still recieving the payment even though you've not signed a C.O. form and haven't vaccinated then something is screwed up in the system and you've been lucky.

They don't demand that your child be done RIGHT NOW either... I think you get a bit of leway, but you should still do one or the other ASAP.

Not if it is only the chicken pox vax. You don't have to get that one done. It's the only Vax that centrelink don't care about.

Now the immunisation register on the other hand keep sending me nonstop letters , saying that he needs the chicken pox vax. So they care. But centrelink don't.
    Last edited by *Cj*; 01-09-2010 at 12:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Ok, thanks. If the immunisation register get upset with me i am happy to fill out a form.

Will daycare get upset if he doesnt have it? Maybe i'd need to fill it out for them?
    They are a little behind the 8 ball, they only realised last week we hadnt signed the enrolment form, and he has been going there for 6 months
    Dec '08
    Feb '11

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    Ok, thanks. If the immunisation register get upset with me i am happy to fill out a form.

Will daycare get upset if he doesnt have it? Maybe i'd need to fill it out for them?
    They are a little behind the 8 ball, they only realised last week we hadnt signed the enrolment form, and he has been going there for 6 months
    Rylans daycare doesnt care about that vax
    as he is 'up to date' in all the others

i rang to talk to the immuniations register about Zeke when they told me he hadnt had 2 lots of vaxs done when he had
    something wasnt sent to them from my drs
    anyway she said Zeke wasnt up to date cause he hadnt had the chicken poxs one.
    but then centerlink said he is up t date as i got paid the immunisation allowance a few weeks later for him

the chicken pox vax isnt on the register to not get the ccb or the immunisation allowance

my homebirthed girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    The 18 month chicken pox vaxx is not compulsory, so day care wont care. Nor does centrelink.

My kids havent had it either as they all have had the chicken pox so dont need the vaxx.
    DD1 14, DD2 8, DS 7, DS2 (Our Angel), DD3 3

Breast feeding, co sleeping, babywearing,BLW, TT, vaxxer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Technically no vaccination is compulsory, however according to the australian immunisation schedule, chicken pox is just as important as the other standard childhood vaccinations. For the purposes of the Child Care Benefit and Immunisation Allowance, Centrelink currently ignore the status of your child's chicken pox vaccination.

However on the statement from the Immunisation Register, chicken pox will always show outstanding until it is completed. This may cause issues later on when you put your child in school. Most schools require either a fully updated immunisation statement, or a conscientious objection. If neither of those is in place, you may have difficulty enrolling until its rectified.