+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflies&Hurricanes View Post
    False alarm - my body obviously was just telling me to take it easy. Still well and truly pregnant this morning - but thats ok. Going to enjoy the last of it! I'm determined!
    Hope you enjoy the last of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellini View Post
    I have started, kind of. I have done some research and have written down a list of midwives I intend on contacting this week, but it's just difficult because I have no idea where I will be living. At least if I know which areas they *don't* travel to, I know which ones to make contact with again when we have a house. I'm also chatting with my previous mw tomorrow to see what her plans are .

We are yet to move, we will be moving in December. It's actually good in a way, there will be more options available to me in terms of midwives - the town I live in at the moment isn't very big. Good luck with your homebirth journey

I would just contact them and see if they will hold a spot as you dont know where you will be. When will you know where you will be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by traseal View Post
    Yeah its all very grey...even my midwife was a bit confused. Basically midwives have two years before it becomes law about the colab (and hopefully lasw change before then) I did find a link stating it..

oooo i found it...this is the one i could find that was most clear on it all http://www.health.gov.au/internet/ma...eview-Q&A-PIMI

do you know me...?? why do you like my username??
    Hi Traseal - Thanks for that info. That still wasn't that clear, it mentioned a two year wait for indemnity insurance but not for collaboration - the whole collaboration section did not make sense to me though.

I don't know you, I'm not sure why I like your name, it just appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflies&Hurricanes View Post
    False alarm - my body obviously was just telling me to take it easy. Still well and truly pregnant this morning - but thats ok. Going to enjoy the last of it! I'm determined!
    Enjoy it indeed, how wonderful, your little person is fully made and almost ready.....well done

Quote Originally Posted by Bellini View Post
    We are yet to move, we will be moving in December. It's actually good in a way, there will be more options available to me in terms of midwives - the town I live in at the moment isn't very big. Good luck with your homebirth journey
    I had my first in a small NSW country town, midwife antenatal care was not an option let alone homebirth. Sydney has options for you. The only army place I know of in Sydney is Mosmon, but that is barracks, I don't imagine you'll be placed there. How frustrating that they can't tell you where you'll be. Is it not even a round about these suburbs???

AFM: Chloeandme - thanks so much for the names. I called Gaye Demanuele today, we are meeting next Saturday. I googled her and Fiona and saw a few things written by Gaye that gave me a really lovely feeling. I can't wait to meet her, she didn't think my age should be a problem or that the caesar scar should either (it was nine years ago).

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Babymaker View Post
    Oooo!
    Very impressive breastfeeding effort.

I fed my boy for 98 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

How is everyone? I am meeting with a potential midwife tomorrow - I wish it was tomorrow today- I can't wait to meet her and chat about a home birth plan. YAY!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should probably join in this thread

I'm in Melbourne and currently on the lookout for a midwife. I'm hoping to contact a few today. I have contacted Andrea Bilcliff but yet to hear back

I had a GP app last night, he gave me all my referrals for scans etc for the whole pregnancy, so I'm all set in that respect. Told him my plans, he wasn't thriilled (I knew he wouldn't be) but said obviously it's our decision. At least he didn't put dp off which is what I was worried about, just said hb makes him nervous as if things go wrong in obstetrics they usually happen very quickly. I re-assured him we are 5 minutes from a hospital and I'm super low risk, so he kinda shurgged and that was it. Meh

Would love anymore suggestions of middies! I've taken down the names of the ones mentioned previously and will contact them. I'm finding it hard to find an actual website with a simple list, or is it just me?! I'm in South-east melbourne.

Feeling very excited, more so every day! This decision just feels so right

Thanks
    Reviews
    ooilou - hope your meeting goes well tomorrow Let me know what you think of Gaye, we live very close to her and might need to give her a call one day if we decide to have another! (if I can convince DF...)

em1984 - hi, congratulations It's good your GP gave you everything you'll need as far as referrals, my GP wouldn't do that, she told me I had to come back for everything yeah good luck! She looked at me like I had grown a third eye when I told her I was having a home birth I'm expecting a call anyday now from her asking when I'm going to do the GD test... she won't be happy to hear that I'm not going to do it. Ah well.
    Was your DP a bit hard to get on board? Mine was. No amount of research or studies or books or docos could change his mind... but he came around.
    Have you had a look here? I posted it a few pages ago but in case you missed it How far from the CBD are you?

AFM, I am still plodding along. Keep meaning to call and organise the birth pool, but I keep forgetting. Meeting my back up midwife soon, just waiting for her call to make a time. But other than that, not seeing my middy for another month now, then its every 2 weeks! I'm 28 weeks tomorrow! And starting to feel well and truly over being pregnant!

B&H - How are you going??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Traseal - how are you going?

Bellini- Any news on the midwife front for you?

Butterflies & Hurricanes - how are you going luv? Any action yet?

Em1984 - Welcome. I know how you feel. I am so excited at the prospect of a home birth - definitely the right decision for me too. I'm not sure of other midwives, but read below for news about who I have just decided to go with.

Chloeandme - thank you so much for suggesting Gaye. I met with her today and she is lovely and I have decided to have her as my primary midwife. I am looking at the package that includes 2 midwives, so yet to decide on a second. The middy that Gaye has been working with lately is moving to Ballarat. She know of some others, but it is still early days for me, I'll wait for a while. She know's of a GP who is sympathetic to homebirthing that I can go to for blood tests etc (I'm also vegan to add another layer of complexity- want to be sure my iron and b12 stay good).

Well all - hope you are well. xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks ooilou! Glad to hear you have found someone! I got in contact with Helen Barrington last night and will be meeting with her hopefully in the next week or so. For others, if you have met with a midwife and have been happy with her, have you still interviewed others? Also, with a secondary midwife, can this be anyone of your choice? Or do they have to be a colleague of your primary midwife? I'd like to look into Gaye as well as she appears to have a really good rep.

ooilou, do you feel even more confident about it all after speaking to a midwife? I'm sitting at about 98% at the moment and my partner is probably about 90% and I just want to know I will come away after meeting with them with us both at 110% if you get me? I know this is a the best decision for me, but my partners tiny doubts seem to be getting in the way a bit....