+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Feeling a bit crampy tonight ladies... I wonder if it's pre labour because I so over did things today or if it could be the start of something

Bellini - there is one particular Sydney IM you may want to steer clear of... she apparently has been known to leave some ladies high and dry at about 36 weeks and not refund any money let me know if you want to know her name and I can PM you again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflies&Hurricanes View Post
    Feeling a bit crampy tonight ladies... I wonder if it's pre labour because I so over did things today or if it could be the start of something

Bellini - there is one particular Sydney IM you may want to steer clear of... she apparently has been known to leave some ladies high and dry at about 36 weeks and not refund any money let me know if you want to know her name and I can PM you again.
    I have heard of this... couldn't believe it. It's so heartless.

Oooh I hope bub is getting ready to come! Pre-labour can be so teasing!

Thanks
    Reviews

oooo keep us posted...fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by traseal View Post
    A few never replied...even after 2 emails...most were too far....a few were booked out, one was overseas and one i didnt click with and she wanted way to much money with very little care...then i found one i liked and she decided she couldnt under understandable circumstances...she put me on to one of her friends that has always acted as a secondary midwife but wanted to be a primary.... I rang her, we met and just clicked.
    Wow sounds like you had a rough time finding one. Hopefully I can find one easily. Btw, I can't believe some never returned your emails

Ooh how exciting!! Keep us posted

Oh and I would love it if you could email me the name of that IM - I will definitely be steering clear of someone like that. How utterly awful for those poor women

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oooo!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Again Ladies

Quote Originally Posted by traseal View Post
    welcome and congratulations ooilou!! As its stands at the moment you dont need a collaboration agreement...so you wouldn't need "permission" from an OB. It can be expensive but well worth it IMO...you have 9/10 months to get saving also.....they are generally pretty flexible with payments. We are having to get a loan but i think its weighs out all other alternatives. Good luck finding a middy...you could try here http://www.homebirth.org.au/map.htm. Not sure if that will help
    Thank you Traseal. Great username BTW. That is reassuring about the payments, I'm not sure about the collaboration agreement though, other than this thread I haven't been able to find anything with a straight this is how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by chloeandme View Post
    I just had a look at your profile and saw your suburb - some MWs close to you that I've heard good things about are Fiona Hallinan (who I think is in Clifton Hill now) and Gaye Demanuele (Carlton). Also Kylie Wallace may be an option, she's not too far in St Kilda. Of course everyone will match differently and they might not be for you but I have heard very good reviews of them, just to get you started.
    Awesome!!! Thank you so much Chloeandme. I really appreciate it, I'll be contacting all just to see. I feel so much more comfortable the more I read just to stay at home. The Mercy Women's is just up the road and has a birthing centre - a friend had her baby there and said her experience was amazing, but I feel nervous given my history of emergency caesar and the fact that I am an "elderly primigravida" (the nerve!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Bellini View Post
    Hi!

We almost have the same EDD Mine is 25th May. It's exciting to see another one in the May thread who might be homebirthing

The cost of having a HB can be daunting, but I would pay a lot more if it meant I could birth at home. I would never give birth in a hospy, and although I found the birth centre great last time, they were really pressured a lot by the hospital (i.e.: if you go over your 'due date' they step in for an induction, there are issues refusing tests etc).

I have heard many IM's will take payment in parts over the period of the pregnancy, so it's not a big up-front cost.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    Hi Bellini- Congratulations on your pregnancy too. Yay a homebirthing preggy buddy. It is reassuring to know that most do payment plans, I could handle that. The reasons you stated with your experience of a birthing centre atmosphere is what I do not want. Last time I had absolutely no control, it all happened to me. I do not want to have an even remotely similar experience.

So you have just moved, or are about to move to Sydney? Good luck finding a midwife. Let me know how you get on.

Wow butterflies and hurricanes. I am so excited for you. I remember my pre labour tricking me for a few days. Cheeky womb. Big and cyber strength for a wonderful birth. xoxoxo Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Well ladies, I am so pleased to have found this thread, like minded women who want home-birth. Perfect. xoxo, Thank you for advice, I will let you know how I get on

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    False alarm - my body obviously was just telling me to take it easy. Still well and truly pregnant this morning - but thats ok. Going to enjoy the last of it! I'm determined!