+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Another thread reminded me to post those photos...oops sorry I forgot Baby brain I promise I will be back later to do that!

ETA: I've decided not to put them in the open thread, so i've PM'd them traseal
    Last edited by Bellini; 23-09-2010 at 23:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks so much...they are sooo beautiful!!!...and raw...i love love love them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have been emailing my IM since about 9 weeks I think and only just met her today to see if we got a long and I'm 19 weeks. I think you need to make the initial contact early and book them but they don't really start to see you till about 16 weeks plus anyway for care. So I would say definitely contact all the im's in your area because they can book out early and get an idea about them by asking them questions by email before you actually meet them and decide which one you want.
    Last edited by Mod-Shakeyshake; 30-11-2010 at 11:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ManekiNeko View Post
    I have been emailing my IM since about 9 weeks I think and only just met her today to see if we got a long and I'm 19 weeks. I think you need to make the initial contact early and book them but they don't really start to see you till about 16 weeks plus anyway for care. So I would say definitely contact all the im's in your area because they can book out early and get an idea about them by asking them questions by email before you actually meet them and decide which one you want.
    Thanks for that, makes sense

Now to work out what my area will be I really need to find a house, and soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bellini - I didn't book my IM until I was about 33ish weeks - cant' remember exactly now. It was late as we bought a house outside of sydney and I didn't like my hospital options. I was lucky she wasn't booked out though
    So it CAN be done but I would contact them now anyway. I know my IM said she doesn't like going to the northern beaches (where I used to live) as it's a pain to get to and traffic is a nightmare. But she is more than happy to travel an hour and a half up to me now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.

Yay - so excited to find this thread. I recently found out I am pregnant - EDD May 24 and would really love a homebirth. With all these new laws and inability to get a rebate I'm not sure i can afford it. I am in Melbourne, there really doesn't seem to be many options on google. I'm not sure how I would get sign off from a OB, I will be 37 by then and my first was a emergency caesar (intervention from the start). I am pretty sure I would be considered high risk.

This time I do not want an OB at all. After all Obstetrics is the medicine of high risk birth, so they are that way inclined from the out set. I am so much healthier this time I refuse to accept that diagnosis. I want to trust my body. Pregnancy is not an illness. I don't want any tests, am contemplating the 20 wk scan but definitely not the 12 week.

Chloeandme - I noticed you are in Melbourne. How did you find you midwife? The only ones I can find are Midwives naturally. Not that there seems to be anything wrong with them, I just like to know my choices.

Anyone else in Melbourne? Any help would be most appreciated. I'm so envious of you LeeLee19 - Oh to be in a state where it was all public health.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ooilou! Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    For a long while we weren't sure we could afford it either. It was the one reason I stayed in the public system until around 15 weeks then booked in with my middy. She was more than happy to do a payment plan and we pay her around $100 a fortnight and when I start getting the baby bonus I will pay her off as soon as I can.

I actually found her through Helen Barrington, I emailed her but because I'm due at christmas a lot of IMs aren't working over the holidays and she referred me. Incidentally she is from midwives naturally But it all worked out well though cause we get along very well Try here to find a midwife http://www.maternitycoalition.org.au...ndex.php?id=15
    Where abouts in melbourne are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had a look at your profile and saw your suburb - some MWs close to you that I've heard good things about are Fiona Hallinan (who I think is in Clifton Hill now) and Gaye Demanuele (Carlton). Also Kylie Wallace may be an option, she's not too far in St Kilda. Of course everyone will match differently and they might not be for you but I have heard very good reviews of them, just to get you started.