+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Mary... Our little boy finally decided to arrive on the 7th/7/12 ... My hindwaters broke about 11:30am whilst I was sweeping the floor :P ... I started getting painless cxns/BH, I could feel my belly tightening and pressure down low, but no pain. I jumped in the shower about 1:30, purely to stop water going everywhere... cxns started getting a little painful, but not even as strong as the false starts I'd had a week earlier, but they were coming 2mins apart so given my previous history of fast labours we called the midwife and she arrived about 2.30pm. I got out of the shower and about 15 minutes later proper labour pains started. Little man was born at 3.35pm and it was wonderful. DD watched him come out and loved it. He was born onto the living room floor in a nest of towels and cushions and I picked him up for first cuddles, before having a shower as I was covered in blood and birth lol. We climbed into our own bed as a little family and DS found my breast for his first feed. It was amazing
    Last edited by Super Trooper; 13-07-2012 at 18:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely fantastic news Super Trooper! Congratulations! My goodness that was a fast labour. Sounds like the perfect birth. I hope you're all doing really, really well and that you're madly in love. Thank you so much for letting us know. XOXO Mary. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's been so quiet in here! I hope everyone is well.

3CB how are you going? How often are you seeing your MW? It must be so nice having the appointments at your own house. Do your other kids get involved? How far along are you now? (so many questions . . . )

SPM how are feeling? Are you showing much? You're still to see your MW aren't you?

I'm about 14 weeks now and I got my bloods done a couple of weeks ago but didn't go for my scan. I'm quite proud because I thought I'd freak out at the last minute and go have a look, but I'm feeling comfortable. My MW is coming here next Thurs which I'm really looking forward to (I can't go to her house because 20mo DD will get bored to tears).

The thing I'm most concerned about is what name to give the bub . I'm obsessed with names at the best of times, and now even more so!! Thank goodness I've got another 6 months to decide!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats SuperTrooper or should I say SuperMummy!!!

Hi w

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interrupted by 4 year old temper tantrums!!!

I'm feeling really well now thanks. 12 weeks was the magic number for me and am now 13 weeks.

Are you having the 19 week scan Mary? I am can't wait to find out what colour my little grub is. I'm obsessed with baby names as well and would much rather concentrate on pink or blue names. Do you have any suggestions???

I hope you have a lovely first meeting with your midwife, I'm supposed to hear from mine by 17weeks so fingers crossed I do.

Happy baking Mary!! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies , I was wondering if you mind me joining you?

This is my third baby and I'm hoping for a home, water birth. I wanted one with my other two but never had the opportunity. DD1 took her sweet time and I was over the water with her and DS1 was born on arrival! I'm hoping this will be third time lucky!

I'm only 5+ weeks along and feeling positive about this pregnancy.

I've booked into the Casey hospital, case load midwifery programme. My first appointment will be at 10weeks. I've mentioned this to a couple of close friends and they don't seem very supportive of my choice. So I'm hoping to get some support here, and focus on the positives of home birthing. I hope I can share this journey with you all and be a positive influence on your own journey.

Looking forward to chatting with you all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Roll Call...get to know you

Subbing as I'm homebirthing will come and put more detail later

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Roll Call...get to know you

Welcome both of you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Roll Call...get to know you

Hope everyone is well.

I'm 16 weeks Monday and had an email last week from CMP that I have been accepted. OMG I'm so excited.
    I can expect a phone call in the next week to start my appointments.
    I'm feeling so good I don't even feel pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's coming up pretty close Sweetpea! How are you feeling? I'm getting really excited, but am absolutely exhausted.

I had an awesome midwife appointment yesterday, every time she comes here it reaffirms why I chose to HB, she's a legend.

I've got 6 weeks to go but I think I'm going to go over this time. Though really hope not because we live in a high risk bushfire area (forest at the end of our street) and I don't want to give birth on a Code Red day .

I hope everyone is going well and enjoying pregnancy!