+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thermo, how exciting, not long now hopefully! DS2 was 41+4, it gets to be such a waiting game, I was so ready to meet hom, but alas, he wasn't so keen to be meeting me

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Very happy to announce the belated arrival of Ella Charlotte Grace on the 27th of July at 41+5, freeborn into my arms while Daddy and DS2 watched on (DS1 was busy playing). Not sure on length or HC but she weighed 3.5kgs (7.7 pounds). I went into labour around 2pm and she arrived at 10:27pm while I was squatting in the birth pool, very different to my previous homebirth, I'll pop her story in the homebirth thread

Here
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 01-08-2011 at 19:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you so much for sharing, Thermo. What a lovely story -- thank you for all the detail. Congratulations. I hope you're still riding your high xoxoxo

Love to you all, Mary xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I'm here to announce the birth of my son Angus Maxwell 8 weeks ago (sorry for the late update) he was born at home in water and delivered by dad. 2.5 hour established labour and midwife only made it with 15 minutes to spare he weighed 10pound 2 and I had a tiny 1st degree tear which was left in stitched. a huge difference to his sisters 18 labour full of intervention and ending in a awful "emergency" c-sect.

Every day I'm amazed at how wonderful his birth was but I also can't help but feel awful I never shared that amazing experience with DD.

I'm also grateful that he was conceived and born when he was (his DOB is 27/6/11) because with all the new guidelines I never would have had my amazing birth.

I can't believe that they have made HVBAC with an IM almost impossible and to top it off the new regulations announced today stating that IM's cannot support women in hospital births, transfer or planned!

What Is this world coming too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! I bet you are still on a high?! Having a baby at home really is the best start we can give our kids - and don't feel guilty about your first birthing experience cos your daughter has now also experienced HB and will come to know that birthing is normal which is so important for our children,particularly given the current situation with birth in Australia!

Lets not forget though, that we do still have choices (although it certainly does seem that those choices are being continually narrowed by the health system and politicians!) and can continue to birth outside of the current 'system' which will also send messages to other women and decision makers in this country!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 20 weeks and planning an unassisted HB for my first ever baby.
    Could not be more happy.

Due 29/02/12

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats Jenrose! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is totally relaxing, enjoyable and boringly normal

I'm planning an unassisted HB this time too, which will be my second HB, I had a midwife last time, though she missed the birth is was so quick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to the both of you!! What an amazing experience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone Im nearly 30 weeks and recently got accepted into the community midwife program in Perth..Hoping to do a home waterbirth, this will be #2

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to say hi girls and can i join the chat!? Im only 5wks2days with bub number 3, and planning a homebirth!

I wanted a homebirth with DD1 but exDP talked me out of it (out of good intentions - he was scared something would happen to me or bubs), although we still had a "natural" hospital birth with minimal intervention.. and with DD2 she sadly passed before we got to the birthing part, and so i was induced in hospital

Im ecstatic to discover that now im living in the NT (previously NSW), I have access to publicly funded homebirth midwives! (although time will tell how strictly their practice is governed by hospital policy )... but at the very least I am so excited to know that the NT government at least recognises homebirth as a legitimate option for women and their babies! It is so refreshing after coming from NSW, where a homebirth with DD2 was going to cost me $5200 and the midwife was 350kms away, and my labours have been very short (2.5hrs then half hour), there is no way she would have made it on time anyway (i was pretty much planning to freebirth)!

Anyway nice to see so many likeminded ladies!