+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellini View Post
    Maybe ask someone who is already there to take some from time to time throughout the labour? It doesn't need to be constant, just a quick couple of clicks here and there.
    Cool, thanks a lot. I thought they'd have to be glued to the viewfinder throughout the day to catch the best snap. I'm glad you've got more common sense than me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by traseal View Post
    ooo Bellini would you mind sharing some pics..or even pming me?
    scarymarygoldfish Im having my son my DF, 2 midwives a photographer and maybe a doula or friend to help with DS....will see closer.
    Who else is everyone else having present?
    Sure, I can put some up later on, i'm about to pop out now. Obviously they won't be the really graphic ones

I am having my DH at the birth, my mw and possibly a doula to help DH with DS. My sister will be flying down once I go into labour, so whether or not she's there for the birth depends entirely on how quick my labour is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellini View Post
    Sure, I can put some up later on, i'm about to pop out now. Obviously they won't be the really graphic ones

I am having my DH at the birth, my mw and possibly a doula to help DH with DS. My sister will be flying down once I go into labour, so whether or not she's there for the birth depends entirely on how quick my labour is
    ooo thanks. Did you get them done professionally?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ooo thanks. Did you get them done professionally?
    No not at all, it was just a midwife who took them and with my dodgy old camera too, so they aren't the best quality! I still love looking through them though, and seeing the amazing physical transformation which took place

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just quickly popping in to say that one of the hospitals I contacted about the homebirth program rang me back today (they weren't available last week) and stated that they would consider me depending where I live. However, at 36 weeks any woman having a homebirth MUST partake in a vaginal swab to test for Group B strep, and if it comes back positive, that woman cannot birth at home...how ridiculous!

Basically, you go through your entire pregnancy excited about having a home birth, and then if you are one of the many woman who has strep B at some point or other - well tough luck (this is the same Group B strep that can be there one day and gone the next). I said thanks but no thanks. Wonder what other tests you *have* to do in order to birth at home. I doubt they would let me decline the GD test either

Anyway, I know it's just them covering their legal backsides, but still...
    Last edited by Bellini; 18-09-2010 at 19:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure Traseal, I don't imagine they would. I think there would be a lot of 'rules' in place but perhaps someone else reading this thread is more knowledgeable about it. I have decided to definitely go with an IM, I don't want to be bullied into doing certain tests and I think it will be more relaxed and less stressful.
    Last edited by Bellini; 18-09-2010 at 20:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yahhhhh good for you!!!!
    I definately think an IM is worth the extra cash!!
    I agree I'm more than happy to spend that sort of money on an IM, it will be money well spent!