+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean by wanting the birth to be private. I thought the same but I met our midwife last night and I feel very confident about having her there. This is my first baby, and I think having someone there to keep me focused is just what I need. I feel confident in knowing that someone who knows what to look for incase things are not going normally is there. The chances of something going wrong are slim, but they do happen. Her confidence made me feel more confident about my abilty, and she was so lovely and so sure that we will build up a great relationship that it just makes me more excited to share this with someone like her.

We are in Adelaide.

We had our booking appoitment with her yesterday and it was great. So good to see someone include my partner in the whole thing too. Too many times I have seen the partner ignored (I am a midwifery student and see it on placement a lot). I have decided I might get just one ultrasound, though I am still not 100%. I will wait until I hear the baby's heartbeat next appointment and see how I feel after that.

So happy! I just want to tell everyone, but we are holding off telling family until easter and mothersday. And probably won't tell friends until I start showing and can't hide it any longer.

Anyone not getting the Flu vaccines? Why? Why not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    no flu vaccines as they are pointless IMO they only do for certain strains of the flu and no guarantees..

That's great about your midwife,
    I really like mine too, but she brings a backup midwife and also asked me if I would have a student midwife too.. That's just too many people for me so I will be asking the back up to stay in the rest of the house and only come into my space if needed, and my midwife to just quietly observe. I decided against a student.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh and what is or has everyone done about the GD testing? I want to avoid it but I think my IM wants me to have it cos I'm 'obese'
    any other ways to monitor or test for it without the actual GD testing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tatiana and Emi, congratulations and welcome! And a HUGE congratulations to DramaQueen and ManekiNeko for the arrivals of your beautiful bubs

Tatiana, are you having a gp AND a midwife for the birth? I'm in Melb Eastern suburbs and had Helen Barrington and Karen Heyward. Both absolutely wonderful people. I really cannot recommend them highly enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I will get the flu vaccine, but I work in hospitals, so I will be surrounded by sick people all the time.

Anyone else not getting ultrasound? If not, will you be using a doppler? I prefer to use a pinnard, but at our next appointment we will be 11 weeks and a doppler is our only option for hearing baby's heartbeat as a pinnard wont pick it up.

I am not sure about GD sorry EarlGrey, maybe call and ask your midwife or other IMs for their opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by scarymarygoldfish View Post
    Tatiana, are you having a gp AND a midwife for the birth? I'm in Melb Eastern suburbs and had Helen Barrington and Karen Heyward. Both absolutely wonderful people. I really cannot recommend them highly enough.
    At this point I would have too. The gp is providing my medications etc I need to maintain the pregnancy. He has to attend the birth if he provides antenatal care, because of his insurance.

I don't really feel like I need him there to tell the truth. My midwife is happy to deliver me at home on asprin with m/w only care. But that still doesn't solve the problem of where to get all the other medications I need in the meantime..??

Is anyone else mixing hospital care and IM care?

I think the problem really revolves around me having a VBAC.

The midwife can get in trouble if the hospital gets wind of me VBACing at home.
    The whole thing is so confusing.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Gosh sorry I've been AWOL!

No flu shot here, same reason as earlgrey.

Just had the one scan (19weeks) not sure if I'll go for one around 34 weeks as I had a LL placenta, which has more than likely moved.

No doppler or pinard here!

Things are going well, need to start organizing stuff for after bub arrives (wash clothes and all that) but we are waiting to move! Hope everyone is going well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all, I finally get to join in here!

Homebirthing in Brisbane this Christmas .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Congrats MamaBleech Have you booked your middy or you having another care provider there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't booked, have a couple of women in mind - have emailed my preference to see if she is around this Christmas...

Awkward time of year me thinks...