+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by borntobemummy View Post
    I really want to avoid it at all costs. Our parents know only because they asked "you're not going to try to home birth again are you?" mist people don't understand our reasons and will listen to a doctor over and above factual evidence any day so I just really don't want to waste my energy getting into it. DH on the other hand wants to make up fact sheets to hand out to all the people that question us, I'm not fussed as long as the stress of it all stays away from me.
    Factsheets!! I love it! I'm SO going to do that!!

So much scaremongering and lack of information out there... I find it so hard to understand, it just feels like the natural choice to me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all

well our little getaway was nice, it rained and was soo humid on the coast though!

congrats and welcome Freya and changethestars

changethestars- I have to agree with thermolicious about having people present who are not comfy with your plans, I had a doula last birth and towards the end she just seemed so unsupportive and made me feel like being with me was a chore so 'on the day' I didn't call her. I felt awful but I know it would have impacted negatively on me during birth.

MilkOnTap- I have almost nothing either! but have decided not to buy too much 'stuff' this time around as most of it never got used. I hope your house situation gets sorted soon.

Thermolicious- last bub my placenta was low but it moved nicely in time for birth I'm sure yours will too so glad to hear your worries have been alleviated and congrats on your baby girl, love the name

Miss Fanny- I did find it challenging at first going from one to two, 21 months between mine and it was hard to keep DS occupied while I fed DD etc, he just wanted constant attention. on the plus side they toilet trained together and both learned to talk together and were really good 'mates'

missie_mack- yep I tell people, they already think I am 'a weird homebirthing hippy who breastfeeds her almost 3 yr old' so they kinda expect it lol

how is everyone else? I'm struggling a bit to remember everything everyone says haha and it takes me ages to reply

I heard bubs heartbeat at my appointment last week, was lovely to hear it, I have been feeling some movements, cannot wait til they get stronger

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had such a bizarre experience at the GP yesterday. She confirmed my pregnancy and handed me a piece of paper and I said 'what's this?' She said it was my hospital referral! Umm what the crap, you didn't even ask me where I wanted to birth or even which hospital??? She then gave me a referral for an early scan and told me there is 4 scans I need to have and she doesn't recommend me missing any of them. I have never heard of 4? Usually it's early, nuchal and morphology isn't it? She said there is another at 34 weeks. DH was ****ed and pretty much told the receptionist we won't be back. I really hope this woman never decides to be an on OB!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkOnTap View Post
    If I am still living in this house then I wont be telling my neighbours. Last time my neighbours all knew, but I knew them a lot better than these new ones.

My family all figure that cause I had a HBAC before then thats what I would do this time - makes sense. The usual question is, "so its another homebirth, hey?" - my response? "Yup!"
    My family have all been the same, it's so much easier this time! Once people know you have done it before they leave you alone I think. With my first HB I only told the people I wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah the 4th one is to tell you how huge your baby is and how it couldn't possibly fit through your pelvis :/
    I just did the blood test to make site all was ok and dating scan because I didn't have any idea about dates, didn't go back to gp after scan and will stay away until I need my referral for my morph scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The GP I had when I was pregnant with Malakai was not pro-homebirth but she never presumed anything she would ask and when I would tell her what I was doing she would just say okay, give me the referrals I needed and that was that. I might try to find a GP that is just an in and out and barely says a word! That way I can just get my referral for my 20 week scan and have my blood pressure checked regularly.

I elected one at 34 weeks but my GP with Kaidayn and my GP said it was pointless. I just wanted to see him though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Isn't it funny how different GPs have such differents ideas!! Mine only refers for the nuchal and morphology scans. She never even mentioned the word dating scan, so when I saw on forums a lot of people talking about it, I was confused! I did know the exact date of my LMP though. I personally think the two scans are completely adequate, unless you have some kind of issue of course! I really just mostly view the scans as an indulgence cos I want to see bub!! :-P My GP is pretty "in, out, put the kettle on" - now that I have a midwife and have done my own research, that suits me quite fine really!

earlgrey - how uncomfortable to have a doula like that!! Kind of goes against the whole point of a doula!! Good on you for deciding you didn't want her in your birth space!

I will tell anyone that will listen that I want a homebirth - I'm kind of proud of it and I really believe in it and I think more people should realise that it's an option.

I had been wondering about whether to tell the neighbours though... we've just moved into a townhouse which is the third on a block of three.... thought they might start getting worried if the hear my vocalisations!!

MilkOnTap is offline Rivi Cecilia - my 2nd VBAC Home Birth has arrived!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I had my 12w scan today Bub moved around HEAPS! So much more than J&S. It was so great to see him/her up on the screen, bouncing around. Placenta is at the back, nasal bone looks great and neck folds look good too. I'm not going to bother with the bloods.

All exciting PLUS hubby bought bub 2 itty bitty jumpsuits xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    how exciting MilkOnTap

Freya- wow I wouldn't be going back either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw yay mot!! So good to hear and bet your heart just melted when DH did that!?