+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Changethestars and congratulations! I had Karen as a second middie and Helen as my first. They are such an awesome team. I know what you mean about feeling 'in safe hands' -- you most certainly are.

Hi Freya. Congratulations to you too! I hope you're not suffering too badly from MS. Are you planning on having any scans? Do you have your midwivess sorted? (if you are having them that is . . . )

I hope you're all sailing along smoothly

Thanks
    Reviews
    LeeLee sounds like you're getting close. I had strong period style pains within the last week. This would be a wonderful time to have bubba. Sending you warm birthing thoughts my love

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm just having a doula, the same one who attended my 2 year olds birth. I can't wait to have her again, she was amazing! I am going to have a 20 week scan, DH wants to know the sex but that's it. I feel pretty good, have had heaps of energy today managed to completely spring clean and scrub the whole house which is odd for me! My boobs are killing me and I am quite hungry but other then that no other signs. I had bad MS with my boys though so I am a bit worried about getting again, hopefully it stays away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    So exciting Elle So glad you could get C again to care for you

Congrats to you too Changedthestars

I'm meeting with my midwife next Thurs with another friend on here who's homebirthing her 4th in August. So that'll be great looking forward to it. 10 weeks today, all is going well. Am having the 12 week scan in a few weeks and will probably do the 20 week scan aswell. Won't be finding out the sex though. Super pumped that i get to have the same beautiful woman that i had at Cam's birth nearly 3 years ago, she was amazing, she was my doula and now she's a midwife so it's worked out really well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oohh scary Mary helen Is my primary! Seems they are very popular
    I get so excited for my appointments I count down the days haha

How is your little one going anyway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Scarymary - glad to hear you are enjoying Helen and Karen's care as well. Funny you say that about "safe hands" - one of my biggest hangups is about feeling "safe" - emotionally as well as physically, if you know what I mean - and I actually feel a lot safer with them than with the hospital!

Miss Fanny - I'm looking forward to seeing Karen again too, I know what you mean! She's coming with me to my next hosptial appointment where I find out about my pelvis, which I thought was really awesome of her and I will feel so much more supported no matter what the outcome is - I felt really alone and insignificant at the first hospital appointment, iykwim.

Freya - congrats and so exciting about your freebirth!!

V8 - that's so cool that your doula turned into a midwife... and handy for you!!

I've been reading a lot about birth lately and watching videos on Youtube, thinking about what I do want, what I don't etc. Thinking about things like Calmbirth or other programs to prepare you for birth and give you practical tools. This is my first and I want to prepare myself as best as is possible. But I think I've been reading so much about it, I'm actually looking forward to it and suddenly 5 months feels like AGES to wait!! haha!! Can't wait to be actually doing it and, most of all, to be holding my baby!!

MilkOnTap is offline Rivi Cecilia - my 2nd VBAC Home Birth has arrived!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congratulations Elle!

And CTS - Welcome to the thread I dont pop in often but I love catching up when I do.

I'm 11wks now, and have had a change of midwife today. I'm meeting my new middie in an hour or so - i'm so excited!! Just hope Grant makes it home in time to meet her too - though I'm sure he'll like anyone that I like anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Elle!!! Can't believe I'm sharing this journey with so many of the same people from last time! Super exciting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Changethestars, you are so lucky to be having a HB for your first. I'm so jealous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by changethestars View Post
    I've been reading a lot about birth lately and watching videos on Youtube, thinking about what I do want, what I don't etc. Thinking about things like Calmbirth or other programs to prepare you for birth and give you practical tools. This is my first and I want to prepare myself as best as is possible. But I think I've been reading so much about it, I'm actually looking forward to it and suddenly 5 months feels like AGES to wait!! haha!! Can't wait to be actually doing it and, most of all, to be holding my baby!!
    Changethestars

- I did calmbirth with Melanie in Ferntree Gully couldn't recommend it highly enough - listed to cd's every night before bed. Also bought the pink kit. I really think this is what made my labour so manageable. - best wishes for your birth.
    Last edited by spicemum; 25-02-2011 at 14:46. Reason: typo