+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for that book review Plan to order it next week and get reading (I have plenty of time seeing I'm only 9 weeks and all ).
    Am currently completely over emotional/irrational and hormonal. My poor DF

On the bright side have started sleeping on a firmer mattress and it's actually helped my morning sickness. No idea why? Better support seems to be supporting the back better so less strain on the parts of the spine that relate to liver/gallbladder etc which for me seem to tie in with morning sickness.

How's everyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by traseal View Post
    Congratulations and welcome!!!
    Here is a link that might help you...it looks like it is available depending where you are moving
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=151648
    and this is for IMs http://www.homebirth.org.au/map.htm
    Excellent, thank you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clucky, I hope your DF is coping with your emotions like a trooper. God bless them! I would have left me ages ago.

And how funny that a firm mattress helps with MS. Who woulda thought?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clucky, I am an emotional mess most of the time too Glad the mattress has helped with MS. I didn't have much with DD but I'm still getting bouts of it every now and again with this one!

Bellini, and congratulations! How are you going with organising your HB?

Leelee & Dreambeliever - I bought Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering a couple of days ago and today I read the chapter on ultrasound. Oh, if only I knew now what I knew when I was pregnant with DD and at the start of this pregnancy - we even had a 3d one with DD, wishing I hadn't now. At bub's 20 week scan, it was very obvious the poor thing didn't like it one bit, he was wriggling away, flipping around trying to get away from it, which just made the whole process longer I was wishing the lady would hurry up and finish because I could tell it was bothering him. No more ultrasounds now

How has everyone been? Butterflies&Hurricanes and scarymarygoldfish, it's getting close now! How are preparations going?

I had a lovely appointment with my middy yesterday. We chatted for ages and she is just such a lovely and warm person and I think fate definitely had a hand in finding the perfect midwife for me and this birth. I hope I click with the 2nd midwife as well, I am meeting her in a few weeks.
    Bub is doing great. He went from being very quiet for months to all of a sudden giving me these huge kicks that are even waking me up at night! I love lying on the couch watching him roll around, it looks alien-like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bellini - if you are after a great IM in Sydney I can highly recommend one. I'll let you know how exactly things go for the birth but so far she has been fab and she has an excellent rep too! Oh but it does sort of depend on where you will be moving too...

Final stretch for us. I'm actually feeling quite sad - excited, but still sad - as this is our last bub and knowing I will never feel these kicks ever again or have a blossoming belly How nuts am I!

anyway, things going well. Getting the last few things ticked off. i can't help feeling I have forgotten something major though... Can anyone point me in the direction of a sort of homebirth checklist? I know we don't really need much but I just want to make sure. Peace of mind and all that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    traeseal the photographer sounds amazing. Good luck, and I hope she's reasonably priced. Who elseare you having there for the birth?

Butterflies have you packed a hospital bag just in case? I'm really disorganized and will probably throw together any ol' crap at the last minute. The only really important things I can think of packing would be lollies and magazines . Please keep us all informed with your last minute prepping so that we can get some tips.

It really is lovely that everyone gets along with their IM so well. I had one who I liked without absolutely loving, but then I got a new one that I simply want to marry! Couldn't get any better than that I guess . My next appointment is on Tuesday and I can't wait!

Bellini I hope your midwife does come to Sydney with heaps of time to spare for the birth. The fact that she delivered your first is just perfect. I'm curious about the hospital run homebirth programs. It sounds terrible but I have this idea that the middies are the grumpy old women I'm trying to get away from. Has anyone had any experience?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bellini who took photos of your first? I don't want to ask anyone else to come -- our house is small and there will already be 5-6 people there. Would it be cheaky to ask the back up MW to take shots? It's something I really don't want to miss out on. And of course I look forward to showing everyone the gory ones hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scarymarygoldfish View Post
    Bellini who took photos of your first? I don't want to ask anyone else to come -- our house is small and there will already be 5-6 people there. Would it be cheaky to ask the back up MW to take shots? It's something I really don't want to miss out on. And of course I look forward to showing everyone the gory ones hehe.
    At the birth centre, I had my midwife and then her sister midwife (the one who does the antenatals if she is sick etc and vice versa) was there as well, and she basically just took photos

Maybe ask someone who is already there to take some from time to time throughout the labour? It doesn't need to be constant, just a quick couple of clicks here and there.