+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations Spicemum!!!:celebrate2:

you did such an amazing job! and born in the caul! so wonderful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations spicemum!! I would put a heap of cheering smilies but I'm on my phone and don't know how lol. So happy for you! M told me your news yesterday when I saw her - what an amazing job you did after so many days of prelabour, your body definitely knew what it was doing! And born in the caul - lucky boy! Welcome to the world little man

Thanks for the congrats everyone, I was going to reply but I have to run now, Connor has woken for a feed hope you're all doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    WOW!!!! Congratulations Ceres and Spicemum

What wonderful news! Two brand new homebirthed bubbas, amazing, I cannot hear enough homebirth stories

I hope you are both resting up and enjoying your babymoon!

Can't wait for my turn

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Awesome news spicemum welcome earthside Samuel hope your enjoying a milky babymoon
    Quote Originally Posted by traseal View Post

Has everyone got names sorted?
    What are you doing with your placenta?
    Do you have a transfer plan?
    Nope
    Can't decide between lotus and cutting it into slivers for swallowing
    Will do, def!

AMF- erh I'm feeling so ****ty at the moment, I just want to curl up in bed but hubby has gone to do therapy We have decided that I'm going to go home with the boys today, staying here is just getting way to hard and were all over it, hubby will fly up on weekends. Really looking forward to being in our own environment with healthy crap free food.

Did i mention I feel like ****

Thanks
    Reviews
    way to go spicemum!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!!!!!!

It's so good to hear positive stories...seems as soon as you mention homebirth to anyone you get all the negative ones!!

Trasael - Not having any more scans...if bubs comes out a girl...well I guess she is going to like blue lol

I am not having any luck with boys names....early on I had a dream the baby was a girl and she told me her name was Olivia...so I didn't think about boys names!
    we haven't really discussed whats going to happen to the placenta... to be honest I hadn't thought about it...was too excited about the baby lol

As far as transfer plan...we got ambulance cover and will go if the midwife says we have to, although she will come with us and continue to advocate for us at the hospital. I had a friend who ended up needing an emergency c section, and the midwife stayed with them, and managed to organise for both mum and bubs to be discharged the following day, not stay the obilgitory 5 days.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Braxton hicks

Sorry, me again lol

Just wondering if anyone else had early braxton hicks???

i'm only just past 21 weeks, and I swear I have been feeling them for a couple of weeks now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Has everyone got names sorted?
    I am sure the name that is just right will be apparent when bub is born. We have/will discuss some options.
    What are you doing with your placenta?
    Maybe consume, would love lotus though.
    Do you have a transfer plan?
    Call ambulance in emergency.

CONGRATS Spicemum, wonderful news!

Never experienced braxton hicks, but had pre labour with J.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kiariel View Post
    Sorry, me again lol

Just wondering if anyone else had early braxton hicks???

i'm only just past 21 weeks, and I swear I have been feeling them for a couple of weeks now.
    I've been getting them when I orgasm, does that count

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I have been getting braxton hicks quite a lot lately and also have some quite painful grinding really low in my cervix.

I am getting a tad anxious about this baby coming early, and I mean early as in too early to be born at home. I am just hoping to get to about 37 weeks so I know I can stay home safely. I am 32 weeks now, so not too much longer to go, but judging by the pains I am sometimes getting, I feel I could go at any minute

I bought some plastic drop sheets today, all I need to get is a sieve to scoop the pool out with and a container for my placenta.

I think my nesting is starting to kick in because I just want the house sorted. I have 2 rooms being renovated and as such, are still both unfinished and its KILLING me not being about to finish stuff Whats worse is that these 2 rooms are the linchpin that if finished, everything else in the house would be sorted too, so I am doubly frustrated

Hope everyone is travelling well and new bubbas are still being gazed at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I'd join back into this thread... have been lurking, but not posting

Congratulations to the mums who birthed their babies in the last few weeks... it sounds like you all had fantastic experiences.

Well my birth is starting to feel very real, only six weeks to go (give or take) I don't think I've had any BH's yet, though not sure, very mild period pain like cramping, but so mild as to be almost not worth mentioning.

Kymmy, I've got a few names floating around, I know I'm having a girl and my favourite at the moment is Piper, but I also like Summer and Freya. I'll wait until I meet her though before I decide on a final name.

I was planning to have a transfer plan, pack a bag etc..., but now I've decide to focus all my energy on preparing for a positive homebirth and that I will not transfer. I figure if I do have to transfer it will be a true emergency and I won't care less if I have a hosptial bag packed or not. Did others have a transfer plan, bag packed etc...?

Also, I'm starting to set up the birth space now and get things ready that I need. Can anyone give me hints for things that they found really useful to have during labour and birth at home? My BF had got lots of old towels ready for me, then when I was at her house a couple of weeks ago her DH accidently flooded the house by leaving the bath on so the towels got put to a more immediate use.