+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    at least your "car" will be nice and warm (seriously we need a birthing smilie).
    LOL - If I had a dollar for every time somebody says something about going to hospital or at the hospital when they all know I'm home birthing. It would prob just about pay for the midwives.
    I'm just glad I haven't called my midwives to give them the heads up every time I think something's happening. (Cry wolf much .)

Thermo I'm glad your (whispering - ms) has settled and things are going to your dates. Thank very much for the good vibes and laughs .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just dropping in quickly to let you know I'm still here and still pregnant! spicemum the same thing happened to me this morning, woke up at 4am to contractions every 10 minutes, lasted until 7.30 when I got up and they faded. I think it's a good sign though and I'm still getting random irregular ones now. I have a feeling about tonight or tomorrow... hope I'm right! Maybe things will pick up tonight for both of us spicemum Here's some labour vibes for you too

Thermo glad to hear your morning sickness has settled down!

Big bird, yay glad to hear everything's booked all the best for friday

Well I'm off, sorry it was a short one but we're off to grab a coffee and go for a long walk to hopefully kick things along. Might be our last day out as a family of 3 too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone

just wanted to pop in and say hi!

Things are going really well with us at home. Lucy is the perfect child. Content just to sleep, feed and be happy. She hardly ever cries and if she does its usually cause im not getting my boob out quick enough!
    We've had a little trouble with breastfeeding, just like i did with her brother. Apparently i have the worlds biggest nipples and my babies just can't latch on. We're using nipple shields at the moment and will wean her off them when her mouth is big enough. I couldn't believe it was such an easy fix with the nipple shields...with DS i went through months of pain and attachment issues.
    My recovery is finally getting there too. I ended up with a 3rd degree tear so its taking longer then usual to get back to normal. Lucky i have my mum here to help.
    Unfortunately we've had a cold/flu going through the house. first my mum and DS...then me...now DP and my sister have it. Little Lucy also has a stuffed up nose but she's increased her breastfeeds so hopefully she'll get better soon.

Ceres and Spicemum - sending you lots of labour dust i really hope things get going for you both soon. Lucy needs some online friends
    if it helps at all, i got very very emotional for the last few days leading up to the labour and birth...so fingers crossed its soon for you both.

Thermy - glad your you know what is going away! hopefully its an easy pregnancy from here on in

BB - yay for booking a middy! i hope everything goes really well with your appointment.

i hope everyones pregnancys are going smoothly. it feels strange not having a massive belly anymore. just got my little jiggly belly for a while

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    spicemum- and thank you for the laughs
    Ceres- enjoy your walk, I hope it kicks things along for you were heading up to the tree top walk @ Kings Park today, when hubby is ready...

DB- Gald you got the sorted, sorry to hear you all have sniffles going around I hope it passes quickly. Ouch on the tear sending you loads of healing vibes @ the jiggling belly, so strange after having a firm one for so long huh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Sending lots and lots of labour vibes for Ceres and spicemum!!!!!

Down to single digits for me!!! Am getting really excited now and can't wait to meet my new little guy!!! We have a name now too so feels much more real

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the :Goodvibes: DQ and congrats on picking a name - we're still working on ours he'll prob be weeks old before we decide LOL.

Thanks for the DB, I'm so glad for you that your birth went so well and you have a settled bub. I'm sending you back healing dust for the tear .

Ouch - wait a moment - breathing - ahhh - there it's gone now. Been every 30 mins or so this evening. MW came out today and we had a good chat about pre-labour. This could go on for a while . She thinks it'll be next week. But who knows. Oh well I have no expectations now - just get through them one at at time then put it behind me - they are all 1 surge closer to meeting baby.

Ceres I had a nice chat with our shared IM on the phone today to make my appt for next week. She said it's just you and me now - her next is end of Jan. I hope neither of us keep her (or us ) waiting too long. I'm so looking forward to swapping birth stories.

Just had a lovely dinner out with friends and now DD has a friend staying over - not trying to tempt fate much.

Good night all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update

Those contractions that were 30 mins apart last night continued all night gradually moving closer together. I managed to sleep between them until 4am this morning and rest until nearly 6 then I had to get up. I'm rocking on my fit ball and they are still coming 6 to seven mins apart. I have to stop and stand up and rock and concentrate on my breathing through each. Oh and I had a show at about 4am. I think I can start getting excited now but I'm fully prepared for this to take another day or two.

Will try to keep you posted. Wish me luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok well I spoke too soon again . I thought things were really ramping up but then a short time later - fizzled again. I guess the little guy wanted a rest. I've sent DH off to work and I'm going to do some then try to get some more .

So glad I'm homebirthing though - hospital would have been in and cut him out of me by now .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey spicemum, sounds like things are moving along for both of us - I had a bloody show this morning and have been having contractions since around 1am. They were regular til about 4am and are now irregular and still pretty bearable.

Hopefully you're labouring as I type!

Thanks
    Reviews
    c'mon ladies!! Sending you both lots of beautiful birthing vibes
    fingers crossed today is the day!