+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone, i havent really posted in here much because I hadnt had anything booked yet but now i have my homebirth officially booked now and my midwife is coming over on friday for my first proper appointment woohooo im so very excited.

Sending some labour vibes to all you lovely ladies that are ready to meet your little ones

Hi thermy it will be nice to see your bubba at the 12 week scan, even though i know you prefer not to have the scans, are you going to have a 20 week scan too? Hope your hubby is getting better

Dreambeliever Congratulations on the birth of your little girl and what a lovley name enjoy your babymoon

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for your wishes everyone, I finally pulled out the laptop and had a squiz on JB re: NT scan, found an interesting thread lol, I'm quiet unsure about it now I'm thinking about going straight for amnio instead. I wasn't planning on the 18wk scan I think I need to process what I was reading last night.

Ceres- no for your 21st than lol Sending you loads of baby coming out soon vibes

BB- all the best for your first appointment, from memory this is a MW you know yeah?

Thanks
    Reviews
    nah both of the ones who i was originally going to go with are going overseas in July, they are both good friends with my cousin who is also a a midwife. My midwife works for the same place though and they all know each other so i trust im in good hands

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone .

Ceres the boxing day sales were in one word - crowded. But the centre I went to did a good job of arranging parkink and we managed to pick up a few little bargains for DD, DH and the new bubs. I had hoped walking around a busy shopping centre for a few hours might bring bub on but it wasn't to be.
    Here's some labour vibes for you. I hope it is all happening as I type or better still happened already.

Thermo - I know you've done all your research so I'm not expecting to tell you anything you don't know. But from what I understand about NT scans - they are fairly inaccurate and scare a lot of women into amnios, which then carries a higher risk of MC than the risk that they are carrying a child with downs etc. I guess though for some it would be too hard to raise a disabled child and therefore worth the risk. That said there are still congenital disabilites that can occur that cannot be picked up on any tests (my cousin's child is an example of one of these but of course this is purely anecdotal for you). I hope I'm not making your decision harder - I'm only meaning to support whatever choice you make but I know you generally prefer low intervention and as natural as possible. I've still had three scans done this pregancy and with DS and I can only hope that any harm done by them is miniscule.

Big Bird - Congrats on choosing your midwife.

Traseal - how are you holding up. You don't have long to go either. The way I'm going you may even end up birthing before me.

DQ - Yay for quite Chrissy's. I loved not being under pressure to be anywhere this year.

AFM - right at this second having a mild contraction. Unfortunately not enough to get my hopes up. I've been sitting here feeling a bit teary but I don't know why really. Except that I'm 4 days over my "due date" (ridiculous term really) and seem to be putting a huge amount of pressure on myself even though I know I'm likely to go weeks over. And even though I keep spouting this to everyone who says anything and saying "baby's don't have due dates they are not library books" and reading that 7 out of 10 baby's go past their due date and 1 in 10 aren't born still 10 days over (and these figures probably include those born by intervention or very prem). Wow just realised I'm ranting .

I guess it's all partly because I woke up to semi-regular contractions (sorry surges ) yesterday starting at about 5 mins apart. They ended up about 15 to twenty mins apart and I went back to sleep hoping. Woke up a few hours later with nothing. I know this is normal and it's what happened with DS - lots of false starts - but I still can't help but get hopeful and then disappointed when it doesn't continue.

Maybe everyone could send me some vibes too. Please .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww spicemum I'm sending you some labour vibes I hope it happens for you soon

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    All good spicemum that's exactly what I read on the jb thread were pondering over the mc risk vs ds risk. Have a good cry if you need too :grabhug: sending you loads of surge vibes too

BB- ah ok, I hope you click

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Thermo & Big Bird,

I just cracked it at poor DS for mentioning he was bored then burst into tears and gave both both DD & DS a lecture about babies not being library books and coming in their own time.
    Then I've read your posts and burst into tears again because of the sympathy (never been real good at recieving sympathy LOL). Now I'm laughing at myself for crying. Must be hormonal .

Thermo I'm glad I was inline with what you read.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh lol you poor thing! At least you know your hormonal and your not thinking your crazy next thing you know you'll be and

*hope those smilies worked, total assumptions on the codes....
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 30-12-2010 at 08:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL Thermo - I read your last post yesterday while chatting on the phone to a friend, I had just been racing around picking things up and putting them away and cleaning the kitchen.

Today - another hopeful start - surges every 10 mins - in the right place with the right sort of peak, got up and moved around and they kept coming. Hubby got out of bed to get ready for work. My surges went away again .
    Oh well I know something's happening and my body is getting ready to deliver a baby; it just may take a while to happen. Hopefully all the pre labor will mean a quick active labor.

Dying to hear how Ceres is going. Things sounded hopeful there a couple days ago.

I hope everything is going to plan for you all and you are still enjoying your pregnancies .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    at least your "car" will be nice and warm (seriously we need a birthing smilie).

I *think* my ms has finally gone, none for the past 2-3 days, but shhh! I finally had a poke and prod and have found my fundal height, sitting just at the top of my pubic hair line so seems to be on track