+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 71 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi ladies,

thought id better update you all!
    We had our beautiful little bubba yesterday morning! It's a girl!!
    Lucy Sophia
    7lb 5oz (3.46kg)
    50cm long
    34cm hc

She was born in the bath tub after a 6 hour labour!!! (DS's labour was 36 hours and an emergency c-section). Midwife got there at 5:15 and she was born at 6:05am!! I did tear a bit, but other then that we're both perfectly healthy. She is so calm and content. Im so so glad we decided to homebirth.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreambeliever For This Useful Post:

peanutbutter&jelly  (23-12-2010)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats DB! What wonderful news

Thanks
    Reviews
    DB I congratulated you on JB yesterday but here's another one You must be on such a high. What a gorgeous name too

How are you hanging in there spicemum... feel like bub is going to arrive soon? I think I'll probably be waiting another week or so. I am extremely sore and tired and grumpy most of the time. My belly is killing me, it's so heavy and my body is aching everywhere. Thankfully DF finishes work early tomorrow then he's on holidays so I won't be on my own during the day. Late pregnancy is hard work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Congratulations DB - A beautiful little homebirthed babe Enjoy your baby moon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spicemum View Post
    DQ - I'm glad your waters didn't break. When is your bub due?
    Yes thankfully they didn't!!! Bub is due early March, I am roughly 30 weeks now

Hope everyone is well and babies due are on their way to you

I am really just hanging out waiting for Christmas and New Year to be over!!! I must admit I have been very ba-humbug this year

Then in the New Year we have 2 bedrooms to renovate, and the carpet in the others to rip up and wooden flooring to be laid. Then hopefully get the house on the market and get the hell out of this miserable, cold place

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas with your families and a wonderful New Year!!! Heres to an outstanding 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceres View Post
    How are you hanging in there spicemum... feel like bub is going to arrive soon? I think I'll probably be waiting another week or so. I am extremely sore and tired and grumpy most of the time. My belly is killing me, it's so heavy and my body is aching everywhere. Thankfully DF finishes work early tomorrow then he's on holidays so I won't be on my own during the day. Late pregnancy is hard work
    I'm a bit over it too Ceres but it's likely to be at least a week after Christmas (family has a habit of going way overdue). I've been lucky though my other 2 are older and I can set them jobs around the house for pocket money and have a lie down when I need to. Middle to upper back is killing right now - If I hadn't had family over for dinner (mum cooked ) I'd be in bed already - just about to go now. DH doesn't get hols but he's taking time off when bub comes. Best wishes Ceres I hope it happens soon for you .

I hope everyone has an awesome Christmas. Happy 1st Christmas Lucy Sophia.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    congratulations DB, welcome earthside little one

I hope everyone who is feeling over it gets some rest and love xxoo

I'm sorry I have not really been into posting in this thread but I do read along I'm 10 weeks this week and we have booked our NT scan for the 4th January I'm not really looking forward to it to be honest, but it's something hubby and I are do want to screen for, I feel like I'm a bit stuck and I wish there was another way to know if bubs was ok.

I hope you all have a merry and safe Christmas

P.S another JBer here too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Boxing Day Everyone .

I hope you all had a great Chrissy.

I thought I would be a scrooge a stay home all day but ended up with lunch at Mum & Dads and at the evening family Christmas party - 3 Generations of aunts, uncles and cousins. We got home at midnight - I nearly outlasted everyone - and I felt great (did have a lie down for 2 hours in the arvo though). Hoped it was a sign but nothing going yet .
    I was originally worried about going as a lot of ppl knew I was homebirthing but everyone was really positive and supportive. A young cousin (1st bub) got into one-on-one care at the RWH so I was really happy about that too.

Bubs is now on notice - I'm patient but eagerly awaiting.

DB - i'm so glad everything went so well for you.

Thermo - all the best for your scan. I've ended up with 3 this pregnancy (as a passive recipient, I've learnt a lot this pregnancy) .I'm glad I did though because my nieces heart condition was picked up in hers so I'ts reassuring to know that they didn't pick up anything on mine. I didn't have an actual NT scan because I did not think they were accurate enough and wouldn't have gone through further tests anyway.

DQ - best of luck with your renos and move.

Ceres - I hope you are getting plenty of rest time now that your DF is home. I can't get by without my arvo laydown now. Am planning on hitting the Boxing Day sales today though. I'm hoping lots of walking around will encourage bub to move down a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and is having a nice boxing day :celebrate2:

It was a quiet one here for a change and it was WONDERFUL

I am on JB too, only I don't get on there very often at all these days, too much to do, not enough time

Can't wait for baby news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone - glad to hear everyone had a good Chrissy Ours was hectic but good. My aunties did most of the cleaning up for me thankfully so there wasn't much for me to do apart from the cooking in the morning
    I'm either 40+1 or 40+3 today and am feeling completely emotionally and physically ready to give birth. I'm losing so much mucus plug that I've gone through 3 pairs of undies today, am having irregular contractions and yesterday at my due date appointment bub was 3/5 engaged. It's just up to him now when to arrive. Send me some labour vibes pleeease!

All the best for your scan Thermo. I had the 20 week one, wasn't looking forward to it either but I felt like I needed to have just one. I'm sure it will all be fine though and hopefully they get it over with nice and quick. Btw - 4th jan is my 21st birthday Somehow don't think I'll be doing much partying though

How were the sales spicemum? I've never been I'm thinking I'll go next year though!

Dreambeliever, how is the little one settling in?

Hope everyone else is going well and enjoying the silly season