+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh okay. Yeah I can't count the amount of "If she hadn't been in hospital she/her baby/both of them would have died" stories I hear after telling people we are planning a home birth. I have just stopped telling now unless they really push to know. I hope they don't give you any trouble about it. It's great everyone else is supportive though.
    I haven't heard of the lavender oil or colloidal silver before, I will look into it, thanks for that
    As far as the hep b and vit k, we are not doing the hep b vax but so far still undecided about vitamin k. I need to know a little more about it before making a decision I think. But something tells me that if we don't have it at birth then there is probably a good reason for it and I just can't see why nature would make such a mistake.

*sigh* pre-labour sucks. I get dull period-pain aches throughout the day, it just comes and goes some more painful than others, doesn't really feel like contractions, just an achey pain that lasts for a little while then disappears. But it is so uncomfortable. My braxton hicks are knocking the breath out of me when I get them. I can feel bub's head grinding into my pelvis and either shoulders or hands hitting me. I know it all has to happen, I know it's all good signs that things are working as they should... but I am just so uncomfortable and tired I'm hot and bothered and trying to clean the house and DD is just following me around un-cleaning everything.

Sorry for the whinging... just needed to vent a little. I have an acupuncture appointment this afternoon, the lady is coming to our place to do the treatment, hopefully that will help me feel better. Or kick start pre-labour into labour labour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traseal - I'm not doing hep b or vitamin K either. I have read with Vitamin K that mum can supplement herself and it will help come through in breast milk. I may change my mind if bub is particularly bruised or jaundiced as that is when Vitamin K can become and issue.
    I'm not too worried about Strep B either, but on looking into colloidial silver I'm sure sure enought tests have been done to rule out dangers there as well.

How are all the December homebubs coming along. Anyone getting excited or anxious.

I'm still aware that I could go to mid Jan based on mine and family history, but am hopeful it might happen earlier. Braxton hicks have started to ramp up a bit and my belly looks lower at the front - may have dropped slightly.
    Just picked up my birth pool. Baby I am ready when you are.

PS. I love all the new smiles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone

haven't been in here for a little while. Its so hard keeping up with everything.

We've had a few false starts here lately. I get strong and period like pain braxtons for a few hours and think something might happen (thats how DS's labour started) but then it all stops again. I didn't have BH with DS so its really been frustrating me...not knowing if its the real thing or not.
    Im 38 weeks now and am getting all emotional all the time! anyone else doing that??
    My mum arrives on friday night so apparently thats when im allowed to go into labour but my sister arrives on the 22nd and i DO NOT want her there for the birth. So basically this baby has a 4 day window to be born in! It's making me nervous.

Midwife says im all ready to go but can i please have bub before christmas cause she has people comeing over lol fingers crossed. If not she said DP has to have a Cruiser ready for her for after the birth :celebrate2:

i cant remember if i've answered the questions in here already but if not...

we wont be having either vit k or hep b. i don't feel the need for them to be honest.

as for having kids at the birth...our plan is to have DS there (he's 2.5) and have a support person for him (before friday a friend of mine, after friday my mum). That way he can always go out somewhere or into another part of the house if he's not coping. I hope he does ok and can watch a bit of the birth at least.

*warning VENT* My DP is too nice. he's always helping people, which is lovely. but this is the last weekend we had alone before bub arrives...and he's spent all day helping his friend. And his friend was over for a few drinks yesterday arvo and ended up staying till 9. Its not really a big deal...the friend is nice and DP is just helping out...but i really wanted some time as a family of 3 before everyone invades our house for christmas and to see the new bub. *sigh* very petty of me i know. Must be all these extra preg emotions. sorry ladies.

hope everyone is doing well and all our bubbas are growing beautifully

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hugely emotional here, feeling particularly insecure atm.
    We wont be doing Vit K or any vaccines either. I did Vit K with my first 3 but I wasn't informed, it was like most things, just the done thing.

I decided to try Chlorophyll, yuk taste but I am hopeful it will help me. Spatone as well. Some days I feel stronger than others. I am 19 weeks today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been cooking up lots of soup for little meals during my labour but haven't prepared any family dinners. DH will be home for two weeks so he can do the cooking. We have to keep things simple at the moment anyway due to DD's food intolerances.

I feel for those of you whose family's aren't being supportive. Mine weren't at first but have at least been willing to listen and be educated and have slowly come around. I'm lucky also that costs have not been too much of an issue. I've just had to sack my doula and find another because she planned a trip away one week after my due date. Fortunately I knew someone who could take me one and have seen a lot of her (she's my yoga teacher) so I feel connected.

Trasael I just tried to take some belly pics but they all look awful. I'll try to get DH to take a decent one later. I prob won't show skin (looks like I've had a pink tiger print tattoo ). I still have saggy bits also from my first two and from being overweight in the past -though I thought I would have filled it out by now. Oh well I'm 35 now - never going to bounce back - gotta love the skin I'm in.

I think it's really great that you have a 2nd doula. I don't think it's too many people as they can take on and swap different roles such as holding your hand, rubbing your back, seeing to DS, getting drinks and food and take breaks themselves.
    I have 2 IM's a doula a student MW DH and possibly DD & DS if they want to stay.

The "If I wasn't in hospital my baby would have died stories". I used to think I was one of those. Isn't it funny how a little open mindedness and education can change things. Now I think because I went to hospital my baby could have died.

Ceres - I hear you loud & clear on the aches and pains. My upper back is really playing up as well as odd contractions and a sore spot on my left that really hurts when bub kicks me. I find that I feel a bit better though on days that I exercise.

DB - I'm with you on the emotional stuff too. Although mostly I know it's my hormones and feel silly. I start crying over nothing and then I start laughing at myself because I'm crying. People must think I'm a crazy woman.

I hope your bubs fits in with your window. But if not just make sure you own your birth space. Anyone who doesn't make it comfy at the time gets asked to leave. Maybe warn everyone in advance that this is how it will work.

Kymmy - nearly half way. Too early to say not long now but I can't believe how fast it's all been. As much as I'm ready for bubs to be born right now I'm really still enjoying most parts of my pregnancy and know I'm going to miss it later. I hope your morning sickess has gone or at least greatly improved.

Wow, If i don't get on here often enough I always end up with too much to say .