+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Scarymary congratulations!! I can't wait to hear all about it!
    Oohh I'm so happy for you I have goosebumps!

Sorry I can't do personals I'm on iPhone and it's almost 12am haha!

AFM anyway been good I have a fairly big bump going on now.
    DP and I are having a few problems but hopefully we can work through then and finally I heard some exciting/scary news today..
    A good friend told me she was pregnant today and I told her my news too and she's due 6 days after me but she's having identical twins as there sharing a placenta and in the same sac.. She's considered high risk because at 10 weeks there cords are already crossed over so she needs ultrasounds every 2 weeks and won't be allowed to go longer than 34 weeks!
    I'm sure everything will go fine she's young and healthy!
    But I'm Green with envy that she's having twins!! I have ALWAYS wanted twins haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congratulations Scarymary!! I can't wait to hear about your beautiful birthing experience Welcome earthside gorgeous little girl !

Welcome to the thread Mum of 3 - Hope you have an amazing journey getting your vba3c

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bellini - good to hear everything has worked out with your midwife! Hope the move isn't too stressful.

traseal - I've seen the book Hello Baby, it's so gorgeous, but I don't think DD will really understand yet unfortunately.... I still might borrow it to read to her but she's more interested in wearing her books as hats atm

And gorgeous bumps, both of you!

spicemum - DF always says to me whenever I complain about the pain "That's what you said when you were pregnant with Chloe and then six months later you said you missed being pregnant!" I know but it's not my fault honestly it's Mother Nature she makes us forget just how hard, emotionally and physically, pregnancy is I'm trying to find time to just sit back and enjoy it, though. Glad you've been feeling good lately How did your birth plan meeting go?

scarymary - CONGRATULATIONS! I noticed you weren't around for a while and I knew you were having bub Can't wait to hear your birth story.

mum of 3, hi and congratulations all the best with your vba3c.

youngmum - I've always admired twins from afar but I don't think I'd cope with two at the same time they are so cute though. Hope you and your DP work things out.

AFM - have my birth plan meeting today, might update later with how it goes

We almost called our midwife last night, I was having mild contractions about 10 minutes apart for about an hour... was strange, they didn't have a peak like cx usually do it just felt like dull period pain that would come and go but more painful than BH. And my breasts have absolutely exploded the last couple of days and I'm constantly having a let-down kind of feeling. Guess it means I really am getting close to the end now

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations SMG enjoy that high and welcome earthside to your little one

Welcome Mum of 3

Getting close Ceres

AFM- nausea is my constant companion, might try and get some blackmores tablets, not that they helped with DS1 but his was a lot worse. Got spiritual midwifery in the post yesterday, and I have to admit I'm not really liking it

Thanks
    Reviews
    loving the bumps ladies!

Congrats mary!!! can't wait to see pics and read the birth story! welcome baby girl

welcome mum of 3 hope you get your vba3c

ceres - sounds like you're next! hope your appointment goes well.

thermo - hope your MS gets better soon

AFM - im really wanting to nest right now but my body just wont keep up! can't stand for more then 10 mins without getting fat feet! also having alot of braxton hicks (never got them with DS). had them for 5 hours yesterday arvo...then an hour break...then 3 more hours!! quite frustrating.

im pre-washing all my MCN's today!! so of course it decides to RAIN!! it's been hot and sunny and 36 degrees for two days...but not today!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thermo I've actually heard a lot of iffy things about spiritual midwifery! I haven't read it, but in her Guide to Childbirth, I ended up skipping most of the birth stories because they were starting to annoy me - what's with all the "rushing over to check dilation" and ARM? And apparantly they used to routinely do ARM and lots of episiotomy's when she wrote SM? I dunno, it just felt like a lot of unnecessary intervention to me. I loved the second half of the book though.
    Have you tried ginger tea for your nausea? It sometimes worked for me. Hope it goes away soon

DB oh I know how you feel I just vaccuumed and now I'm sprawled out on the couch it just took it out of me! Think I might leave it for when DF gets home What kind of MCN's do you have for bub? I need to get some more just not sure which!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceres View Post
    Thermo I've actually heard a lot of iffy things about spiritual midwifery! I haven't read it, but in her Guide to Childbirth, I ended up skipping most of the birth stories because they were starting to annoy me - what's with all the "rushing over to check dilation" and ARM? And apparantly they used to routinely do ARM and lots of episiotomy's when she wrote SM? I dunno, it just felt like a lot of unnecessary intervention to me. I loved the second half of the book though.
    Have you tried ginger tea for your nausea? It sometimes worked for me. Hope it goes away soon

DB oh I know how you feel I just vaccuumed and now I'm sprawled out on the couch it just took it out of me! Think I might leave it for when DF gets home What kind of MCN's do you have for bub? I need to get some more just not sure which!
    Thank god Ceres I thought it was just me I totally agree, way to much intervention and wtf is up with measuring pelvises

Forgot to say to the belly pics, lookin good!

Dreambeliever, I think my mum would call that a free second rinse

Thanks
    Reviews
    just typed up a reply then the computer deleted it! okay, round two...

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres View Post
    We decided to get a few brands to try them out and see what works on our bub. At first we are just using terry toweling flats (have some baby beehinds PUL covers just in case of leaks).
    we also have the following:
    2x Chloe Toes newborn nappies (cause they were so tiny and cute i couldnt resist)
    2x Green Kids Anytimes nappy
    1x Green Kids Minky Nappy
    2x Baby Beehinds Magicall Multifits
    1x Baby Beehinds Bamboo fitted (will need a PUL cover)
    2x Itti Bitti Tuttos
    2x Itti Bitti D'lish snap in one (small) (clearance sale the other day)
    2x Itti Bitti D'lish all in one (small) (also clearance sale)

Think thats all... lol i may have gone a bit over board. Whatever doesn't work we will resell...whatever does work we will order more of.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Dreambeliever, I think my mum would call that a free second rinse
    lol she must be more paitient then me! i just want them to hurry up and dry so i can snap them back together and put them in bubs room (crazy nesting lady i am at the moment )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I went through all the baby clothes and washed some but I just realised I have no newborn sizes, only 000 up. I have enough mcn I think but need a few covers.

I am now over 16 weeks and the nausea has lessened significantly thankfully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would update after my appointment today - went fantastically, everything is planned, I'm just in the process of writing up an 'in case of transfer' birth plan... and bub is 2/5 engaged and I lost a bit more mucus plug today It's so amazing knowing that my body is starting to prepare for labour. Everytime I see my midwife I get so excited to give birth