+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutbutter&jelly View Post
    S&S the day before, ARM, then augmented with synto
    You had synto after a c-sec?? Wow, you must have a uterus of steel No idea why they use that for induced vbacs but that's awesome you got yours Yay for homebirth next time!

Quote Originally Posted by scarymarygoldfish View Post
    Mostly I'm really excited, but this being our first baby worries me a little. I can't even imagine the pain . . .
    You'll be fine It's pain for a purpose. Best quote i've seen about this is "We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful, it's that women are strong." Last time I didn't have a vaginal birth (I had a c-sec which is not particularly fun ), I had an induced labour that resulted in stronger than normal contractions usually 3 back to back, then 30 seconds to a minute between the bunches for about 6 hours at that pace. It was a bit much (in normal labour you get a chance to breathe!!) but I would do it all again tomorrow without hesitation if I needed to and I wouldn't have an ounce of fear in me. When the baby is born the mother is born - so true. You grow as a woman more than you can imagine when you birth your bub. I'm soooooo excited about having a natural birth at home. We're all so blessed to have this opportunity. And isn't it wonderful when you click with your midwife

Quote Originally Posted by traseal View Post
    i dont understand. My middy has to legally get a collaborative agreement or its her midwife licence on the line??? I dont understand how everyone is going around it. You will also miss out on rebates...i would be more then happy to skip that but thats not the only reason they have them now. Im really confused.
    And my GP wont dictate at all about my birth or anything to do with it. She simply signs saying she agrees and thats it. She knows nothing more, she will have no idea if i go overdue or anything like that. MAybe someone can fill me in more but all the midwives i have spoke to have said the same thing??
    To be honest I haven't read up a great deal. To the best of my knowledge it is not compulsory until 2012 and the laws are still a little blurred. If this is what you and your midwife have in place that's great. I thought the agreement had to be with an ob, not a GP? So I'm confused too! Like everyone I'm just following my midwife's lead. In this case, as some others on here, we're ok without one at the moment. If she tells me something has changed before the birth and we need to sort something out we will.
    My secondary midwife today mentioned that she (with my primary midwife and many others) are attending something on the midwife and the law soon, so this may help to clarify things for all concerned. In the meantime I'll follow the info they give me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post

To be honest I haven't read up a great deal. To the best of my knowledge it is not compulsory until 2012 and the laws are still a little blurred. If this is what you and your midwife have in place that's great. I thought the agreement had to be with an ob, not a GP? So I'm confused too! Like everyone I'm just following my midwife's lead. In this case, as some others on here, we're ok without one at the moment. If she tells me something has changed before the birth and we need to sort something out we will.
    My secondary midwife today mentioned that she (with my primary midwife and many others) are attending something on the midwife and the law soon, so this may help to clarify things for all concerned. In the meantime I'll follow the info they give me

Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by scarymarygoldfish View Post
    I'm 28 weeks, due 24th Nov and am in love with my midwife Helen Barrington! I gotta give her a mention because she's such a super legend - just so, so funny and energetic.

Everything's going smoothly, we're having a girl here in the Dandenong Ranges Vic. Mostly I'm really excited, but this being our first baby worries me a little. I can't even imagine the pain . . .
    Hi, congrats! Not long to go now
    Like CluckySC said, you will be fine Labour pain is such a different pain to anything else I've experienced and I'm like the sookiest person ever when it comes to pain But looking back before everyone started messing around and intervening with my labour, I was doing really well. I wasn't screaming or writhing in pain like I thought I would be, I was just closing my eyes and dealing with cx as they came, even though I had been having them 2 minutes apart for almost 10 hours.
    It was only when they gave me syntocin that I started screaming and saying I couldn't do it. Syntocin cx were the most painful thing I've ever felt in my life.
    You will do great

i dont understand. My middy has to legally get a collaborative agreement or its her midwife licence on the line??? I dont understand how everyone is going around it. You will also miss out on rebates...i would be more then happy to skip that but thats not the only reason they have them now. Im really confused.
    And my GP wont dictate at all about my birth or anything to do with it. She simply signs saying she agrees and thats it. She knows nothing more, she will have no idea if i go overdue or anything like that. MAybe someone can fill me in more but all the midwives i have spoke to have said the same thing??
    I found this - eta, sorry link doesnt work - google "birthing after july 1" - but it still doesn't explain why some MWs have to have collaborative agreements and some don't Whenever I try to read anything about it it just hurts my head.

Butterflies&Hurricanes - oooh only 5 or so weeks to go! How exciting!
    Last edited by bookwormmum; 02-09-2010 at 10:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chloeandme View Post

I found this - Birthing After July 1, 2010 - but it still doesn't explain why some MWs have to have collaborative agreements and some don't Whenever I try to read anything about it it just hurts my head.

Butterflies&Hurricanes - oooh only 5 or so weeks to go! How exciting!

Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, oops.. must be because of the website it's from. Yeah I'm the same. I'll do anything to avoid going to hospital again.

I was thinking of sending a letter of complaint to the hospital where I had DD... there's probably not much point though. I doubt they would care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chloeandme View Post
    Oh, oops.. must be because of the website it's from. Yeah I'm the same. I'll do anything to avoid going to hospital again.

I was thinking of sending a letter of complaint to the hospital where I had DD... there's probably not much point though. I doubt they would care.

Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had ALLOT of horrible traumatic experiences with certain things at a different hospital. I wrote a huge complaint letter...never heard a thing. I just hope one person actually read it and hope that it may make them think twice...thats all you can hope for.
    But again i would do it....its your way of taking a stand for yourself and the woman that do still chose to birth in hospital. I wish more people would complain...if we all complained it will do more then no one...lol i have veen just motivated myself to write it up bahahaha
    I wrote a letter of complaint to my the anesthetic association complaining about my anesthetist last time. After being told my baby might die I was dealing with having an epi put in while he was loudly complaining that he'd been made to hurry to get there and it was a lot of trouble. He barely even communicated with me, just whinged about being put out by having to come in.
    The head of the local anesthetic association rang me personally to apologise and so did the anesthetist. So I felt like my letter got responded to well. Glad I did it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    I wrote a letter of complaint to my the anesthetic association complaining about my anesthetist last time. After being told my baby might die I was dealing with having an epi put in while he was loudly complaining that he'd been made to hurry to get there and it was a lot of trouble. He barely even communicated with me, just whinged about being put out by having to come in.
    The head of the local anesthetic association rang me personally to apologise and so did the anesthetist. So I felt like my letter got responded to well. Glad I did it!
    good for you...an awesome you got noticed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to jump in and say hi I've just found out I'm pregnant with #4 YAY. I've had 3 excellent hospital births which I can't really fault, but this time I am excited to be having a home birth.