+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Traseal I'll pm you this afternoon after work with a book list!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When we registered J's birth, we asked BDM in person for the paperwork which I think confused them! They kept asking about the hospital I went to. Finally they gave me a hb version. I was then asked to send a stat dec and a letter from a HP. It was annoying to organise but I expected it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.

just thought I would jump on here and share my horrible ultrasound experience this morning!! Now, my midwife had told me that I didn't have to have the 12 week scan, but after some bleeding at 5 weeks, I was anxious to see if jelly bean was ok! The whole thing was actually a horrible experience...
    In fact, I'll just copy and paste my letter of complaint I sent the company for you all to read!

To whom it may concern

I am writing to inform you of the horrible experience I had at my ultrasound scan at your Hove branch yesterday. I left your establishment feeling quite upset by the whole experience, and will be asking my doctor to refer me elsewhere next time.

I began by explaining to the sonographer that I had had some bleeding early on in the pregnancy, and was anxious to see how my little one was going. At no point was I offered a print out of any images of my baby, and in fact was only permitted to see the screen for approximately 20 seconds at the end of the scan, where babies head, arm and back were pointed out to me. The sonographer attempted to show me the heartbeat (which I could see quite well myself), however was pointing into babies abdomen telling me to look closely for something flickering as it was hard to see! In fact, the heartbeat was easy to see when looking in the correct area!

Whilst having the ultrasound, the door to the examination room was left open, and there was a gentleman intermittently standing outside the door who entered the room on two occasions to hand things to the sonographer (One can only presume he was a doctor or employee as the conversation between the two of them had nothing to do with me).

When my female partner and I disclosed to the sonographer that this would be our fourth child, she proceeded to tell us about a program she had watched recently on child abuse, and how it generally occurred at the hands of a family member. I am a little stumped as to what this had to do with my partner or myself, and was quite offended that our lifestyle would prompt her to tell such a story, not to mention I really don’t believe this is appropriate conversation to be having with an expectant mother, regardless of her lifestyle.

I was also told by the sonographer that I had “terrible tissues” for ultrasound. She explained to me that it was generally the case in larger women, that the ultrasound waves found it harder to get through all the tissue and therefore the image wasn’t very clear. After a minute she corrected herself, saying “Not that you’re in the category of larger women, you just have terrible tissues”. I have had numerous ultrasounds with my other pregnancies, and indeed had one at 5 weeks gestation with this pregnancy and I have never before had a problem with any of them.

All in all, I left feeling very belittled and offended, and wasn’t even given a single image I could take home to show my other children. Next time, I will be requesting a referral elsewhere, and I will certainly not be recommending and family or friends attend there for any scans.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's REALLY messed up Kiariel. I'm so sorry for you and your partner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi can i join in here

I live in melbourne and have a 16 month old DS. We are 4 weeks pregnant (just got my ) and we wont be finding out the sex of this baby
    we havent got a midwife yet, we are looking around at the moment and doing a bit of research to make sure we find the perfect person to attend our birth so if anyone has any recommendations for an IM in melbourne (im northern suburbs) that would be appreciated
    kiariel im very sorry you had a terrible experience at your 12 week ultrasound, i agree that was very poor form on their behalf for behaving the way they did

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congratulations and welcome Big Bird!!!

Kiariel - I'm gobsmacked, how appalling! I had some bad experiences with sonographers during my last pregnancy, but nothing like that Good on you for writing a letter of complaint.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiariel that is unbelievable. What a strange sounding woman I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. Good on you for saying something, though.

Hey Big Bird congratulations!!
    I have a link of all the IMs in vic I can send to you if you'd like? I'd definitely recommend my midwife, and I'm pretty sure she'd travel to where you guys are

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chloeandme that would be wonderful if you could pm the list of IM. What is the name of your midwife? is she expensive, DF and i are trying to keep cost down but are thinking about hiring a doula aswel so price is a big factor unfortunately

thanks for the welcome everyone else

can i ask when you all had booked your midwife etc did you take your time or did you try and have it booked by a certain date

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:26.