+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    DB - I hope the spotting settles down for you I had that this time, and I had never had it with any of the others so was really worried. It lasted for about 10 days, but was only dark brown. Still worries the heck out of you though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DB: I LOVE those glass figures. How creative and beautiful! What a lovely gift -- I'm sure your IM would love one. I really hope your DP has stopped being a turd, and I hope your sis sorts out her sh*t. This is the last thing you need right now.

Traseal, how old is your little boy? He sounds too, too cute.

To all the FB ladies, who are you telling and what are the responses you're getting? I get so cranky at the people with their "you're brave" remarks for my intended HB, I couldn't even imagine what they would say to a FB. Good on you!

Spicemum, I emailed Homebirth in the Hills a while back but never got a reply -- my IM has recommended them for information regarding immunisation, so I plan on contacting them again before too long. Are you in contact with them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:23.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dreambeliever- I hope that spotting stops soon. Those figurines are beautiful!

scarymarygoldfish- maybe have a look at this article.

AFM-
    called and 'booked' into Margaret River Hospital, I just have to attend one of there GP's in my last month to hand over all my paperwork and test results going to be a very slim package

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone wow I have missed a bit! Welcome and congrats to the latest to join in

spicemum - I'm not sure if I'll be at the picnic either, DD has had a cold the past couple of days that she can't seem to shake, she should be fine by then but I'll wait and see how she is. Poor thing has a tooth coming through as well that's causing her a lot of pain.

DB - I hope the spotting goes away very soon! Stay put baby DB!

And yep also a very big for all the freebirthers from me too. I can't think of a more beautiful, peaceful way to welcome a baby into the world.

AFM, have been getting some pretty powerful braxton hick's contractions this past week. They knock the breath out of me. But it's good to know my uterus is getting warmed up haha. Oh and does anyone know where you can get Raspberry Leaf Tea from and roughly how much it costs? Is anyone using it?

I've also been nesting like mad. Yesterday I had a major "What if the baby comes early???" freakout and rearranged the pantry, emptied and repacked the wardrobes, scrubbed the floors, may have also used an old toothbrush to get the grime out of the tiny corners of the shower...
    So today I plan to sit on my butt and enjoy the nice weather!

Hope everyone is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I get the "You are brave" comments too. Um, for getting pregnant? Homebirth is not scary for me, hosp birth is, so to me its the best way not a brave thing to do at all. Women give birth every day all around the world. I am no better than anyone else!
    I have been asked if I am hiring a private midwife, and I don't get into it much, just tell them that the situation with midwives is difficult. I am not going to be that open about my freebirth plans. I think most people are aware I freebirthed last time and there is no reason for me not to again. You know, if it works....
    I have received a few books that I have wanted to get for a while. I am not much of a book reader, but I will be for a little while now. Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering. Birthing From Within. Unassisted Childbirth. I am liking the affirmations about normal physiological birth.

I am confident the worst of the nausea has dissipated and I am very grateful for that.

I am so excited about nesting. I haven't been doing much for weeks so I have so many plans. I have been organising all the children's clothes and will go through all my clothes too. Then bubba stuff. Slowly nesting I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi everyone

My facebook page EXPLODED a while back because of a stupid lego video I posted on there. Not sure if any of you have seen it, but it basically takes the p!ss out of the medical (obstetrics) profession by using all the excuses that OBs give us women regarding birth. It was actually quite funny, and ironically sent to me by a ladt who has had 4 c/sec. So really if anyone should have been insulted by it, it should have been her.

Anyway, my MIL went OFF Telling me that I was just lucky to have had a successful homebirth last time - yadda yadda. Then she took to a friend of mine about homebirth statistics (about them being terribly unsafe ) and this friend just happened to be the VIC convenor of the maternity coalition OMG it was funny. My MIL (and SIL x 2, BIL x 2, her neice, her sister) ALL wont speak to me now because I let my friend argue statistics with my MIL Oh if I had of known I'd get rid of all of them by doing this, then I would have done it ages ago

Another so called friend of mine also started cr@p as obviously after she watched it, she put her status as "Apparently I am too posh to push" Not exactly sure how she came to that conclusion as I have certainly never said that before. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story though!!!

So yes, the reactions to HB in my family have the above consequences for me, so I have just stopped saying anything. As far as anyone in my local area in concerned, they just think I'm going through the hospital system.

As for FB though, I admire you all so much! I would do it this time, but my DH isn't keen at all, although techincally we did last time because the IM didn't make it.

I am terrified of outside factors though, such as an old friend of mine, her SIL works for DOCS and she doesn't like me much. I am also concerned about the hoops they make you jump through now to register the baby's birth!!

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    LOL Aya! I wish I had the convenor of the maternity coalition on my facebook! I'm going to be getting *SO* many negative comments once it becomes known to my extended family - I know they will be very against HB, and sometimes my comebacks sound lame

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bellini it was soooo funny!!! My stupid MIL sprouting off statistics regarding the dangerous of homebirth and "all" the publications printed in which it says it is "lethal" When Tam asked her to link her to such statistics and publications, my MIL deleted me

Couldn't have happened to a nicer person

No one in our family is talking to us at the moment, so there is no need for us to worry about anyone asking us where we are birthing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's hilarious!