+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another happily scanless pregnancy here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I had a scan this time because I was told after last time that I had a prolapse cervix.

Another lie told to me by a wonderful () OB, cervix is completely fine and out of the way. Everything to do with this pregnancy has been a bit of a blur though (read my preggy diary if you are interested)

Very happy to be staying at home though now with the amount of crap that I have been spun by the hospital here lately

Just a question for you all about cord ties. Did you make one?? If so, out of what?? and how??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a scan done early on for peace of mind following my m/c. I won't be getting the NT scan or the later one, but still not sure about the morph scan...

I will definitely be making our cord tie, I'm so excited Not yet sure how !
    Last edited by Bellini; 05-11-2010 at 23:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    scans - we had one at 19 weeks as our DS has kidney abnormalities and DP was rather worried this one would be the same. everything turned out fine and i think i won't bother next time.

Could someone explain cord ties and making them to me please (its not something i've even thought about!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wonder if I could just crochet a cord from organic wool. I think you could just plait one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How everyone and hi everyone new, haven't been on in ages just felt to crappy to play bubhub haha
    I had a bad fall last Friday and landed on my lower stomach and I swear the pain almost killed me, I just kept thinking that I had squished the little thing haha but I should have known better he (i think it's a boy is just fine.. I had an ultrasound and it showed edd is 15/June I thought 17th so whatever. My stomach is still black and blue

I won't be having tests this time round but I will have a 12 week and 20 weeks ultrasound just because I love seeing there tiny bodies and I ask not to know the report because I just don't care, no matter what babies perfect to me! I'm not going to find out sex but I'm positive it's a boy (last time I would have bet my life Bonnie was a boy haha!)
    Sorry there's not personals it's to hard on I phone.. I still don't know what to make my tie from maybe colorful cottons?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was thinking of plaiting one too, with wool or silk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh My God Youngmum! I'm so glad to hear that you and your little one are OK. That's my absolute worst fear. Did you go to the doc's and hear his heartbeat? I hope your poor stomach makes a full recovery.

I only just found out about the cord tie idea. Hubby and I had a pagan wedding ceremony complete with a handfasting (probably sounds tacky . . . ) so we'll take some threads out of the tie I made for that and use it for the cord. Kymmy, I wish I could crochet -- and making it from organic wool sounds beautiful.

Good on you all for not having scans by the way (and good on you if you do ). I think I'll trust nature/my own instincts next time. Bellini, I'm the same as you (miscarriage), so the first one was for peace of mind, but I really didn't need the others done. Baby was kicking out at all 3 of them (the dating scan was the worst) and looked like she really wasn't enjoying it.

Aya, I'll be reading your preggi diary now -- I can't believe an OB incorrectly diagnosed you with a prolapsed cervix!! Good on you for choosing HB. I'm gonna learn a lot more about your pregnancy in a few minutes.

I hope everyone's having a beautiful weekend, Mary XOXOXO

Thanks
    Reviews
    YM89 - thats no good! hope your belly gets better soon!

just in here with a quick update...i had some spotting this morning...not much but i never had that with DS so i called my middy. She said not to be too worried as im not having tightenings or anything, but to call her if it continues or something else happens.
    Im also getting some slight...twinges?...i dont really know what they are to be honest. Doesn't feel like labour or anything just very annoying. Bubba also feels super super low. (was already engaged...but has maybe dropped down a bit more?? )

im trying just to rest today (so much for my gardening and cleaning plans!) and see what happens. Im sure it will be nothing...im just not used to it as with DS i didn't have any issues till labour started at 39+2.

we shall see what happens...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope bubba holds on for another 3 weeks Dreambeliever.