+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nice one!

Had my first antenatal checkup today, with a midwife/naturopath who was absolutely LOVELY. It seems my levels were pretty good, which makes sense as I feel great, though a few things need pepping up - more oily fish! - easy stuff though.
    I also heard bub's heartbeat for the first time via doppler... I think I'll probably try to avoid that though as much as possible, as I felt quite violently nauseous after & don't think belly babe enjoyed the intrusion much. You live, you learn.
    However she did manage to confirm there is only one ( - now THAT would have been a surprise) and a nice strong heartbeat. Guessed that one though, judging by the movements.

I'm still not sure if/how I will go about transferring care when we relocate, I suppose we'll just wing it. Usual story.

Hope everyone is well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oooh Thermo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My GP was appalled with me not having ante-natal care with J. Funny how healthy and err alive he is, hey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Kymmy - You were just "lucky" Thats what my GP told me when he found out I freebirthed last time

Hi everyone I used to be DramaQueen

I am having another homebirth this time with a lovely IM.

I have been (stupidly) going to the hospital in between visits with my IM, to try and save some money off her fees, but I seriously can't take their BS any longer so am just staying with the IM

I am about 23 weeks, due in early March.

Hope to keep up with you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wonder if I was just unlucky to be treated like crap when I had my hospital births then! x3
    Life is risky, being a woman and having sex puts me at risk of getting pregnant which has its risks, birth is risky (hospital and home). But I sure know I am safest at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Me too

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi Kymmy! I did say I was hoping to join you soon I'm only 10DPO but you can see my collection of POAS in my avatar I'm just hoping this bub sticks around. Can I ask how far you are from medical assistance when you FB?

Missie- would of loved to be a fly on the wall! I'm not heading to our local GP because I'm afraid if I do I'll be given the must leave town at 36wks lecture and I'd rather keep my options open, I'm hoping if I officially don't get told and we do choose to stay here they wont kick us out after?

Aya- I wondered where DQ went

AFM- well I sort of rambled in my responses
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 05-11-2010 at 13:33.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kymmy View Post
    Wonder if I was just unlucky to be treated like crap when I had my hospital births then! x3
    Life is risky, being a woman and having sex puts me at risk of getting pregnant which has its risks, birth is risky (hospital and home). But I sure know I am safest at home.
    Don't forget how risky it is to just drive down to the local shops

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Lovely collection Thermolicious

ETA - Not to mention the dangers associated with walking into some hospitals these days!! The amount of BS they spin you, can seriously be dangerous for your health

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Don't forget how risky it is to just drive down to the local shops
    Yeah that is why I stay home.
    I don't drive. I do go in the car sometimes though. Oh no.

I am about 20 minutes drive from RWH which I assume in an emergency I would go to but via ambulance be quicker? We had to call emergency services when hubby locked bub in car one night with the keys (yep cars are risky) and they came so quickly, within a few mins. All 3 services!
    I am hoping to birth quickly like last time though. Nothing riskier than labouring in a car if you ask me...