+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok cool. The bath I had DS in was hard like a normal bath, but it didn't bother me at all. I might get the midwife to bring hers JIC though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone this evening.

Back in Melb from 4 days on Gippsland lakes. It rained all weekend in Melb apparently but we had beautiful sunshine just three hours away. Unfortunately last trip before bub arrives - no more long car trips for me - gotta let the OFP kick in.

I've just had a lovely visit with my midwife and student midwife. Got to go over some of my fears and have hopefully put them to rest.

A few of my friends asked me over the weekend - "are you still planning on a homebirth?" Of course I answered politely but wished I'd had some clever answers . I mean it's like they expect me to change my mind or something. I'd like to hear them ask the same question of someone planning a hospital birth. But there's no sour grapes about it really. At least one of them was really encouraging about it and Mum is starting to come around thanks to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's disappointing when people make little comments like that Spicemum. As if you might have 'come to your senses' about the whole thing. I've noticed my MIL just ignores most things I say about the birth, but oh well, it's her loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone

Spicemum glad you dodged the rain. It really did pour! We were stuck inside, DF and DD went crazy with boredom. Glad you had a nice time away.
    It's great your mum is coming around to the idea of HB My mum was dead against it at the start.

So far I've been lucky I haven't had many strange comments (apart from a few pearlers from SIL) although the lady at bakers delight the other day couldn't get over how 'brave' I am to not go to hospital. I find most people mean well, but just don't have a clue. They think I am fearlessly taking a huge risk - when really the whole reason I am having a home birth is because I am scared of what'll happen to me and the baby - in hospital They just don't get it.

scarymary, your ticker is almost at the end! Are you having any pre-labour signs?

Still haven't made up my mind about the GBS swab - seems like everyone's giving it a miss. Is anyone doing any natural preventative things like taking probiotics or increasing garlic and vitamin C, just in case?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello ladies im not pregnant atm but ttc hubby gave me the lol

i am planning a HB this time around. Wanted to have one in the birthing centre attached to a hospital but like most of the time my thoughts/wants wernt looked after dd1 and dd2 were born in a womens hospital great place nice birthing suites most midwives were cold and uppity i think i was cos of my age.
    dds was born at a diff hospital he was ment to be in the brithing centre no one listned to what i wanted it was cold and clinical yuck like a theater room.

all births were straight forward and acording to the nice midwives text book perfect only used 1 shot of pethadine and some gas despite the fact on admission one nurse was trying to force me to have an epidural cos she thought i wouldnt be able to handle the pain well i showed her

so thought i would just not even step foot into a hospital this time around unless its in an ambulance.

i think gp's should give u all options i remember when i went to the gp's the question was always what hospital do u want me to book you into?

Anyway
    Last edited by sammyplus3; 03-11-2010 at 16:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    im in WA by the way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I didn't even get a choice with which hospital. Definitely limited options unless you do your own research.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyplus3 View Post
    despite the fact on admission one nurse was trying to force me to have an epidural cos she thought i wouldnt be able to handle the pain well i showed her

Yay! Love it! Welcome Sammy and good luck with TTC and HB.

I finished work last Thursday -- absolutely exhausted by the end of the week. Now we're catching up with everyone for the 'last time' before the birth, so I'm still kinda exhausted . I shouldn't whinge though . . .

We had our birth preparation meeting, and we have the pool (La Bassine, on hire) and now I just gotta wash baby's clothes and read all about how I'm gonna look after the little one after she's born!

She's engaged and I'm getting noticeable cramps down there, and loads of Braxton Hicks, but I'm sure it's a while off so I won't get too excited.

My middie told me to get a prescription of Panadeine Forte and Tamazepam for the start of labour (probably at night she said) so that I have heaps of energy for the hard stuff. Makes sense to me.

I'm feeling strangely confident/serene/excited about the whole birthing thing. I'm looking forward to sharing the experience with hubby more than anything. No one else will be there besides the two midwives. And we don't want visitors 'til the next day (which is going to be hard to explain to his family), oh well, it's what we want.

I hope everyone else is doing well XOXOXO Mary.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    tentatively stepping in here