+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Popping in... even though I'm not pregnant... another 6 months till I'm even planning on TTC,but reeeally excited about HB next time!
    My first was breech, so i had an elective CS, my second was an induced VBAC, constantly monitored etc - blegh, but perfectly fine, if that was what I wanted...
    But next one will be a HB babe
    What's the deal with the collaborative agreements? And who needs to sign off on it? And what else do I need to know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by traseal View Post
    Please to meet you also.
    Hope the morning sickness goes easy on you.
    How do you get around the colab agreement. As of July my middy has to have one or its her licence on the line kind of deal.
    Glad you have found someone you like already..thats really awesome. can i ask who your going with?? I emailed a few from sunny coast as well. Will you also have two midwives?
    When i sat down with my middy she was just fantatsic. She said she will do whatever i need her too...if i would prefer her to sit in the corner and watch she would do that also. Nothing seemed like a hassle for her.
    DF asked me last night if i was feeling confident....i have far more excitement then fear in me...i dont think that has even crossed my mind. Although i didnt doubt myself it kinda put into real prospective that its the right thing for us to do if i have no concerns.
    i feel the same. Very chilled out and positive about the whole thing. Have you done a lot of reading etc? My middies have suggested a couple of books that i want to get this week
    Yep, will have two midwives as my primary midwife likes to have another present in unlikely case of emergency. It's another set of hands if needed, and if all is going well the second midwife says she loves being the photographer
    Will message you who I'm using.
    As for the collaborative agreement - it gets more difficult anyway if you've had a previous c-sec. I'm sure there are obs who would go into agreement but you need to work within very strict guidelines and often a VBAC is a bit much for them anyway. Even if it wasn't I don't want to be pressured into induction etc if I go "post dates" (otherwise known as pre-baby!). My midwife is ok to work without one, but 'if worst comes to worst' I'm more than happy to sign something saying "My midwife has instructed me I should be having this birth in hospital but I am making the choice to stay home." that covers her legally if needed. But at the moment it's not even clear if that is going to be required

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutbutter&jelly View Post
    Popping in... even though I'm not pregnant... another 6 months till I'm even planning on TTC,but reeeally excited about HB next time!
    My first was breech, so i had an elective CS, my second was an induced VBAC, constantly monitored etc - blegh, but perfectly fine, if that was what I wanted...
    But next one will be a HB babe
    What's the deal with the collaborative agreements? And who needs to sign off on it? And what else do I need to know?
    How did they induce you after c-sec? Which method?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'm 35 weeks and have planned a homebirth for this bellybabe. I'm on the central coast.
    No need for 'collaborative agreement' here. what nonsense!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just wanted to wish you all the best with your upcoming homebirths!

I had my first HB in Jan (3rd child, 1st was induction/c-section and 2nd was hosp. VBAC) and it was freakin' awesome! Will definitely be birthing #4 at home when the time comes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflies&Hurricanes View Post
    well said

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    How did they induce you after c-sec? Which method?
    S&S the day before, ARM, then augmented with synto

Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    As for the collaborative agreement - it gets more difficult anyway if you've had a previous c-sec. I'm sure there are obs who would go into agreement but you need to work within very strict guidelines and often a VBAC is a bit much for them anyway. Even if it wasn't I don't want to be pressured into induction etc if I go "post dates" (otherwise known as pre-baby!). My midwife is ok to work without one, but 'if worst comes to worst' I'm more than happy to sign something saying "My midwife has instructed me I should be having this birth in hospital but I am making the choice to stay home." that covers her legally if needed. But at the moment it's not even clear if that is going to be required
    Right, and this stage is set to be in place till July 2012, yeah? So I should be right if I'm HBing next year? So confused

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflies&Hurricanes View Post

I'm 35 weeks and have planned a homebirth for this bellybabe. I'm on the central coast.
    yay for no BS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! Thank you SOOOO much for starting this thread traseal -- I've been dying to get to know everyone also. It's nice to be part of the 'When Are You Due' mummies, but this is just so much more special isn't it?

I'm 28 weeks, due 24th Nov and am in love with my midwife Helen Barrington! I gotta give her a mention because she's such a super legend - just so, so funny and energetic.

Everything's going smoothly, we're having a girl here in the Dandenong Ranges Vic. Mostly I'm really excited, but this being our first baby worries me a little. I can't even imagine the pain . . . All of the HB stories are comforting though. It's so lovely to hear the many success stories. Lillynix, I loved reading about Sabien's birth -- congratulations. I just hope we all get to write accounts similar to yours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    to tell you the truth I don't even know what a collaborative agreement is.