+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Has anyone used Birth Pool In a Box?
    I am thinking of buying that one this time. I used La Bassine last time.

Still nausea lingering, not quite 12 wks and it could last til 14wks, awful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 16 weeks, and i am a little nauseous, it lingers i mainly find when i am trying to sleep of course. But i was pretty ok with my ms, well compared to my last pregnancy, i did have ms sometimes this pregnancy but it was more a loss of appetite but i seem to be the opposite lately and i seem to be hungry but i am really fussy and if it doesn't smell any good, i can not bring myself to eat it lol. I don't seem to have popped quite yet but i think i felt movements from the baby last night. Hope you are all doing ok, xmas seems to be around the corner, and happening way to quickly for me. hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well my second midwife cancelled our appointment last wednesday rescheduled for next tuesday morning. I don't know why but I have a feeling she's not going to be very involved with me, I don't think she will be at the birth

traseal, so glad to hear you found a doula you are happy with!

I haven't even dared to weigh myself this pregnancy I'd rather not know! I try to eat healthily but honestly once MS had passed I pretty much let myself eat anything and everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all. Well, how amazing is it to feel your baby moving around inside you for the first time! I have had flutters for the past few weeks, but this morning right at dawn, my little interior bean gave me a massive kick from the inside of my guts. I tell ya, you haven't lived 'til you've felt a little person pushing out your stomach from the inside. Sounds gruesome, feels awesome.

First pregnancies are so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by kymmy View Post
    Has anyone used Birth Pool In a Box?
    Kymmy I think we're just going to buy one of those kiddie pools, though now I'm just checking out the La Bassine on a website and the pricing seems quite reasonable... is there any real difference (that you know of) between specific "birth pools" and other blow up kiddie pools?
    How'd you find the La Bassine?

For those still struggling with MS, hope it passes for you soon.. I was so bloody relieved when it finally started to pass for me a few weeks ago. Although there has been a slight reappearance of nausea over the past couple days... bleh.

Have a great weekend people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi ladies

i'm not pregnant or TTC yet but i love Love LOVE home birth. And i will be homebirthing my first baby bean when the time comes.

Borntobe- r.e birth pools vs kiddie pools. Birth pools have handles on them so they are better at keeping you grounded. Also the handles help to keep you in one place if your on your back as you tend to bob around otherwise.
    They also have tall, stable padded sides and seem quiet indestructable. Not sure if a kiddies pool would be as stable if you were leaning over the edge as a lot of women like to do when pushing.

goodluck can't wait to be joning you all one day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome all the new people. It's great to hear other people's experiences of their pregnancy, midwife etc.

I can't comment on MS - had a bit but mostly felt quite well.

ScaryMaryGoldfish - it looks like you're next. Will be watching threads intently from mid Nov.

Traseal - I'm glad you found a Doula and are feeling confident. After doing lots of research I have thought about freebirth for myself (It sounds really empowering and more comfortable than being watched) but quickly dismissed it. (Still feel I need assistance due to my first sticky bub and I'm lucky I have the choice). However if it came to a choice of home or caesarean, I might change my tune.

Kymmy, I'm hiring a pool - I think it's aquaborn costing me about $165.

BTB - I think the difference is the chemicals they make them with. I don't know how much it matters but I guess a lot of women going for natural would want to avoid any potential adverse chemicals in plastics. I did a bit of research on pools when I thought I would have to buy one. You can google the pool names and find a bit of info.

ChloeandMe - You might find it worth just going along to the next Meet the Midwives - early Nov - to get to know them all a bit. I think the plan is Mal will be there for when Labor really gets going and the second IM comes in for second stage i.e. Mal will call her when she needs her. On the other hand if Mal is already at a birth when you need her, your second becomes your first and a back up is called in if needed.
    I'm alternating appts between midwives now so I can get to know each before the birth. I only saw Helen two weeks ago and felt a bit disconcerted before that but then she came and spent 90mins with me and was really caring and helpful.

It doesn't feel like a long time to go now. Still nine weeks but Christmas is approaching fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I liked the La Bassine but looking at Birth Pool in a Box I like the latter as it has handles on top. It is bigger which would suit me for size but I do labour quickly so I am concerned about filling it in time. La Bassine was filled just in time - or maybe J was just waiting! I think LA bassine cost me $200 to buy, BP ina B is $270.

Oh and I am 12 weeks today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kymmy View Post
    I liked the La Bassine but looking at Birth Pool in a Box I like the latter as it has handles on top. It is bigger which would suit me for size but I do labour quickly so I am concerned about filling it in time. La Bassine was filled just in time - or maybe J was just waiting! I think LA bassine cost me $200 to buy, BP ina B is $270.

Oh and I am 12 weeks today!
    I don't know if you have seen this but I've found it really helpful in deciding which birth pool because it compares them all. http://www.pregnancy.com.au/bm.doc/i...s-compared.pdf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! That is great - I will have to have another bub (!) so I can try the aquaborn, that looks good too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning everyone!
    Well I just finished my meeting with my second midwife and I have to say all my worries about it are completely gone, she is wonderful We got along great and DD loved her as well - was giving her big smiles as soon as she walked in and kept giving her different toys which is a big thing for DD, she's usually so shy around new people and just hides in the corner until they're gone! But she seemed so at ease with Simone and even helped take my blood pressure, measure my belly and listen to bub's heart beat.
    Bub is head down and everything is great health-wise. I have my next appointment in 2 weeks and my birth plan appointment in a month.
    I feel really great knowing I have two fantastic midwives there for me

spicemum, are you going to the Midwives Naturally picnic in november? I think she said it's the 14th. I want to come to the next Meet the Midwives but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it so I'm looking forward to the picnic.

kymmy - yay second trimester I found the first really dragged on until I got to about 12 weeks.

BTB - aww first kicks, isn't it amazing there truly is nothing like feeling your bub roll around and kick.

Question for everyone - who is having the swab test for Group B Strep and who is giving it a miss? And why? I'm trying to make up my mind about whether to do it and I'm really not sure.