+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMum89 View Post
    hey all! well doctor confirmed my
    so i booked into my im and were having our initial meeting next tuesday! im so excited but nervous at the same time! and she only takes two women a month and the other one is on this thread.. so thats a little exciting.

im having a HBAC too and finding it great that there are a few on here too.
    i hope its normal to feel scared and nervous so early on.
    is everyoone else keeping their homebirth a secret? were going to as family wont be very supportive.

hope everyones going great

yay you booked! How awesome is she??!!

Well I've had a bit of a crap news morning. Got a letter back from my backup hospital and apparantly I'm no longer in the catchment area (even though I'm only a suburb away ). My midwife has rung them as she was flabbergasted, she even said you could take this to the media as it's dangerous! It is the closest hospital to me! They gave me a list of like 6 other hospitals, one is about 15 minutes away and the rest are at least half an hour (not including traffic!) so it's all a bit crazy.

Plan of attack is to go back to gp and get another referral stating it is a backup booking only and see how we go, if it's still no go I have to book into another hospital (and pray they have no issues with hb and that I won't have to go to appointments) and then if I do require a transfer, just go to this hospital anyway, as they can't turn me away once I'm there!

I'm almost tempted to just not book in anywhere, but it's a requirement of my midwife SO annoying

Have started feeling super morning/all day sickness. No vomiting, just like a constant car sick feeling. I never had this with my first?! It's awful. Anyone got any tips on how to help it? It's starting to really wear thin

Thanks
    Reviews
    youngmum89 - totally normal to feel nervous and scared. I was at the start!
    Im finding myself getting more and more confident as the weeks go by...so hopefully you'll find that too. i still have my moments where i think "can i really do this? how will i cope if my body fails me??" but i just have to remind myself that i never gave my body a good chance last time and vaginal birth is what we are designed for! it also helps that my midwife is a VBAC superstar!!

As for telling people...we never kept it a secret. We told anyone and everyone and of course had mostly worried responses. But im quite a forward person and am happy to disscuss my reasons and why it's the best decision. Most people don't say anything negative now...but i can still tell they don't think it will happen. Im just looking forward to the day i can say "HA! i did it! i did it!"
    In the end its my (and DP's) decision and everyone else can go jump (gosh im in a firey mood today!)

And for those who haven't seen yet...i believe Hurricanes and Butterflies has had her little girl!! Sienna i think? so exciting!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi everyone

I'm 8 weeks and still feeling very bleugh. I have only vomited about three or four times, but I have a constant sick feeling similar to what you mentioned em1984. Sometimes ginger beer works (the ones with real ginger in them), and sometimes my travel bands help as well. And sometimes nothing helps at all . I find it's best to ensure I nibble on something every hour, because an empty stomach makes it so much worse.

Youngmum89 - I have told several people that I will be homebirthing, because i'm proud that I am giving birth at home. Most were surprised. Some people will just say ‘Oh’ and their eyes glaze over while they process what I’ve just said. The worst reactions have been from people who have birthed in hospitals and 'required' interventions and c/s, because they believe their babies would not have survived without the hospital and they think i'm just crazy.

I actually received a really negative reaction from a friend a few weeks ago, which wasn't nice, and unfortunately it burnt a lot of my energy debating the matter with her, and I found the whole situation really stressful. I'm not sure whether to bother debating with people like that, or to just ask them not to comment because it's my choice .

I have had positive reactions from my immediate family, as they all knew I would be homebirthing and they think it’s a great decision. Even my father, who doesn’t know much about this topic, stated that he could understand why I would make this choice.

Actually, I read some really disgusting comments about HBing on here the other day (obviously in in another section) and it just made me wonder how many people think those thoughts when I tell them i'm giving birth at home. It's sad really. Nevertheless, I feel ridiculously empowered and very contented that I have made the best choice available to me, so that's all that matters

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh and that's awesome news about ButterfliesandHurricanes! Woohoo, congratulations B&H!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ok who is pregnant and having a home birth?? Where do you live?
    How far along are you?
    Do you kow what your having?

I am in Melbourne. Just over 10weeks. I am having a baby, I hope. We will find out
    at the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kymmy View Post
    I am in Melbourne. Just over 10weeks. I am having a baby, I hope. We will find out
    at the birth.
    Haha! I hope for your sake it's a baby too!

em how **** of your hosiptal.. that really sucks the Angliss has a birth centre and i went through them with my daughter and they were fantastic the midwives were very nice aside from one.. but i can pm you her name and you can ask not to see her. she really is the devil.
    i know its not the hospital that you wanted but i think they will be undertanding.. they even talked about homebirth at a classes!
    as for morning sickness nibble on dry biscuits throughout the day.. it helped for me a little.
    i think its worse when you have an empty tummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep definitely worse when I have an empty tummy! But it would mean I need to eat like every hour?! I am not a real snack person, so it's hard to get used to. If I ever have a snack its a bowl of cereal, anyone know which ones are best? I'm not having the diabetes test and I'm pretty hopeless with reading labels (I know, I know) so obviously need to avoid high sugar ones.

the angliss was actually one of the ones on the alternative list they gave me. Helen wants me to book in at royal womans if we have to, I'll ask her about the angliss.

to answer kymmy:

Ok who is pregnant and having a home birth?? Where do you live?

me and melbourne!

How far along are you?

ummm 6 weeks I believe (refer to ticker below, I've already lost count)

Do you kow what your having?

a baby for sure, won't be finding out but I have strong girl feeling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMum89 View Post
    Haha! I hope for your sake it's a baby too!

2 or more would be the surprise.

I was answering the Qs from the OP. Is this the hb chat thread now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah i think she said the royal womens for me too. but i didnt think they took women who lived so far away.. but maybe you live closer. she said that if for some reason something bad happened we would just turn up at the royal womens.. because they can't turn you away.. but ill check up on that on tuesday.. have you spoken to her much since your meeting? how often are you going to see her throughout the pregnancy? just wondering because im too impatient to wait until tuesday to find out myself!
    also did you ask her heaps of questions.. i have like 2 pages worth and am thinking i should shorten it a little?

yeah and to answer the questions too

im homebirthing and im in melbourne im almost 6 weeks and i wont be finding out what im having but i think its going to be a boy.. but i have also had alot of twin dreams.. uh oh haha hopefully they are wrong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    spicemum - glad everything worked out with the pool

Youngmum - all the best with your appointment on tuesday, hope it goes well. definitely normal to feel nervous. I still do lol. As for telling family, we did tell them... they were worried at the start but when I threw some facts and statistics at them, they all kind of went 'Oh... okay.' My mum was the hardest to come around to it. I showed her a lot of articles and books and we watched the business of being born together before she was on board with it.

em that's really strange about your hospital... how on earth are you out of the catchment area if you're in the next suburb?? How annoying... I hope you figure it all out.. As for morning sickness I had the same kind with each pregnancy but even worse with this one... a constant nauseas feeling like I'm on the verge of throwing up. If I let myself get hungry it was worse, so I ate a lot of plain saladas cause they were the only thing I could stomach!

Bellini - hope you start feeling better soon.
    I had a lot of similiar reactions from my family and friends who've already had babies - my aunty, who had 2 c-sections at a private hospital because her OB told her she had a 'small pelvis', came up to me at a family event when I was newly pregnant and pretty much asked me why on earth I was thinking of having a home birth and looked at me like I was absolutely nuts... My SIL just listened as DF explained what was involved and then said "Stuff that, I'm having a c-section at the Frances Perry when I have kids so that I can stay at the Sofitel after!"
    It's the people who don't know much about birth who are more open to having a baby at home, I've found.

kymmy - the way this baby kicks and beats me up sometimes I think I'm having an alien octopus

I'm in a weird mood today. Really moody and just blegh. Haven't been able to have as much patience with DD as I usually do. Just want cuddles from DF and to curl up in bed and watch movies. The weather in melbourne isn't helping