+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ooilou View Post
    HI ladies.

Welcome new courageous homebirthers.

I just popped in to share our little goodbye ritual story. We took the little origami boat and lotus to the river and found a lovely spot on the bank with rocks that stepped down to the water. We each spoke to our little apple. DS was gorgeous, he said he was sad that s/he didn't get to be born as his brother or sister but he was happy to have had her in our lives for this time.

We put the little boat in and....it found a little pooling current and kept coming back to us. It happened about three times. each time we put it back in trying to put it further out into the current and on the third time the lotus fell out of the boat and floated back to us. We all laughed and all agreed that s/he was showing us that s/he will come back to us. We walked further down ****** and I put the lotus in one last time, we all said be free little spirit til you return, then watched it float down the river. It was so very beautiful. We all cried and laughed and I feel almost lighter.

So lovely ladies, I will pop in and follow your journeys, and hope to return soon to discuss the virtues and challenges of preparing for a homebirth. Thanks for all advice and guidance. With love

xxx
    Oh wow that's so beautiful Ooilou, thank you so much for sharing

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi all!!

Hi everyone!!

I'm trying for a HBAC after two c-sections. My first was with my daughter who was only 31 weeks gestation and had placental abruption, so emergency c section.
    My second was because my daughter was 10 days overdue, so they just went in and grabbed her.
    This time around, I will be in control, and I will experience my baby's arrival!
    I live in Adelaide, and have a great midwife...although the only appointment I have had with her was pre conception, and i'm now 8w1d, so getting anxious about when I get to see her again!
    I am so nervous, and have heard somany VBAC horror stories, and to be honest I don;t know all that much about homebirth, I just know I want to be present at this birth, I want to be active and to let my body do what is best!

Anyway, just thought i would introduce myself!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome kiariel
    Glad your happy with your midwife after one visit. Have fun at the next one..they are so exciting hee hee.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Kiariel

Congrats on your pregnancy

Im going for a HABC as well (only one c-section though!) and there are a few others around that are doing the same thing. Dont stress too much there are lots of positive HBAC stories out there too!

Im also in Adelaide (well north of adelaide). Do you mind if i ask which midwife you have chosen?

look forward to getting to know you too

Thanks
    Reviews
    ooilou, that is so beautiful. I think it is definitely a sign that your little one will be back to you very soon. I hope you're doing ok

Hi kiariel, welcome, all the best with your HBAC

missie_mack, hi and congratulations... I know exactly what you mean... my last pregnancy I was probably in the same mindset - but home birthing has opened my eyes up to so many things and now I honestly don't see how anyone can be excited about the billion tests you 'have' to do these days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome Kiariel Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Missie_mack... I know what you mean. We're in the same birth thread, and I do feel like a bit of a fish out of water in there. There is lots of talk about upcoming tests and i'm not game to state that I won't be doing most of them. I don't mind telling people my opinion about those tests, but I need the energy first Which midwife did you end up picking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome and congrats Missie_mack

totally understand where you're coming from! With my first pregnancy i thought i knew all there was to know...and i did...just not the right info! i read all the mainstreem stuff and thought i was prepared. how wrong i was.
    This time around i look into it a bit better and now instead of worrying im going to miss an appointment or a scan, im relaxed and confident that i dont need them!

and i agree with Traseal...its so nice that there are so many of us in here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone ,

Ooilou, I had tears in my eyes when I read about your flower returning. I was a beatiful story. I hope to see you back on this thread with good news very soon.

It's great that more new people have joined. I don't feel so new anymore. Welcome Missie_mack and Kiariel. It's nice to be able to talke to more intenden HBACer's. Try to counteract all those negative stories with positive ones.
    I have to admit Missie_mack, I haven't joined anyother threads, I just felt too far behind any others that might have been appropriate for me.

ChloeandMe - I got my pool . Ros called me back the next day - had a cancellation. I hope it was because someone had chosen a different option and not bad new.

Traseal - people do get defensive don't they. Even when it's not their experience and you are only referring to yourself. I have several friends having just had babies or going soon who have opted for elective caesars and don't fully understand my choice. While we all just try to be fully supportive of one another, It is difficult to have a conversation about it. That's why this thread is so great. I hope you and ManekiNeko find yourselves some empowering birth attendants soon.

Positive vibes to all birthers. I just hope everyone gets the best experience they can hope for whatever their situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey all! well doctor confirmed my
    so i booked into my im and were having our initial meeting next tuesday! im so excited but nervous at the same time! and she only takes two women a month and the other one is on this thread.. so thats a little exciting.

im having a HBAC too and finding it great that there are a few on here too.
    i hope its normal to feel scared and nervous so early on.
    is everyoone else keeping their homebirth a secret? were going to as family wont be very supportive.

hope everyones going great