+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks traseal
    im reading Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering at the moment and loving it (of course). I've read some of her articles before and felt that her views fit for me so it's nice to have the whole book now.
    im also going to order Ina May's guide to childbirth. My midwife was going to lend it to me but she's lost her copy!

i'll try and put some belly pics up but it wont be for a few weeks as DP is away at the moment (RAAF) and my picture taking skills are very limited

I hope your meeting goes well traseal. Fingers crossed you click with this doula and she doesnt leave you high and dry!

hope everyone else is well today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes .

Traseal - I hope you find someone you are happy and confident with. I am lucky to be living in a part of Melbourne where there are two or more large groups of IM's who work together and collaborate and respect each other. One group referred me onto the other.

ChloeandMe - I've just read back over the posts and dicovered you are going with Midwives Naturally. Me too. I hope we don't try to share the same midwives at the same time . I've noticed there were a couple of near Christmas EDD bubs at the Meet the Midwives nights, we may have even met briefly.

Dreambeliever - Another Chrissy Bub . I think I'd rather be right on Christmas than a day before or after. My first IM isn't fussed but I don't think my second IM will be too happy about it.

It's really good to hear so many are going for HBAC's. I've found it hard to find people to talk to, but it's not so lonely now that I've finally found this forum.

I just wanted to share the awesome meditation session i went to last night. My yoga group has a preggy night once a month. Last night was birth visualisation meditation. It was really intense and I think it's actually helped me to feel quite confident.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Friday everyone

Hi youngmum and congratulations! Wishing you all the best with your HBAC

Dreambeliever - I'm feeling kind of the same. It's mostly at night when I can't sleep it kinda dawns on me... I'm really going to do this... at home... with no drugs. Am I crazy? Lol. I know I've made the best choice for myself and bub but I find myself doubting my body and my ability. It's great to hear that your midwife is happy and confident in everything though, makes a huge difference Hopefully the next 11 weeks flies by for both of us! Is it just me or is it starting to drag a little?

traseal, good luck with meeting with your doula Hope she is just perfect for you and everything falls into place

spicemum - wonder if we have the same midwives! who are you going with? My primary midwife is Mal and my second is Simone. Haven't met Simone yet but Mal tells me she is lovely and very gentle. I haven't actually been to a meet the midwives session yet... should I go? What usually happens at them?

AFM, I'm hoping my books arrive today, I ordered them two weeks ago from the book depository! Ina May's guide to childbirth and New Active Birth. Hopefully they get here soon.

I also booked the birth pool yesterday, we'll be picking it up around December 10 Can't wait. I've also written out a list of stuff we need to buy and what needs to be set up in the weeks leading up to labour. I am an obsessive planner

What's everyone doing in terms of birth spaces, or setting up a space to labour in? Candles, pictures, affirmations or anything like that? Do you know where you'll be putting the pool? I'm still scratching my head over where it's going to fit in our little 2 bed unit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    im feeling very unorganised this time around. We dont have bubs room set up yet and because we haven't really had to buy anything extra i feel like im forgetting something!

as for the birth space...my midwife supplies the birth pool (either an inflatable one or a wooden one) as part of the costs (and shes not too expensive either!). We have a really big open kitchen/dinning/lounge/living area which is where we will have the pool as it's all tiled. I haven't really given too much thought to candles or anything like that. But i do have one of those big 16 cube display units that has pictures, books, momentos etc in it. so im thinking i might reorganise it a bit and add significant photos, afirmations etc and put the birth pool in front of it

Im really not sure what else to orgnaise. i was thinking of doing a thread to ask previous homebirthers what they had for their birth?

Oh and im going to make 2 music playlists...one for relaxing and one for bouncing on the fit ball (the computer is also in this living area so it will be easy access).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chloeandme - Mal is my first too. I instantly felt very comfortable with her. Helen is my second. Simone does seem lovely I've heard her speak a couple of times at meet the midwives. Every month they have a different topic ie waterbirth, vbac, birth stories etc. and they all (those who aren't at births) stand up and introduce themselves at length at the beginning of the evening. I've gone along each month so far just to boost my confidence. They have the details on their website for each month. It will be exciting following each other now. You'll probably go first - my family has a history of long gestation.
    Did you book your birth pool through Ros? I rang her today and someone else had just booked the last one. I think I'll prob buy a la bassine but she's going to call me back with some other names later. I have an outdoor spa which DP and the midwives think I should use but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that.

Our birth space we are still working out. The best spot is our living room but that is the middle of the house and a thoroughfare and I'm still working out what to do with DD13 and DS9. Otherwise probably the room we are organising for bubs which is near the back door.

I have found some great natural birthing sites with lists of what you need online. I can't remember where they are at the moment but I'm sure a google search would bring them up. I thing they were private midwives' websites.

Dreambeliever - I know what you mean about feeling disorganised. Sometimes I feel like I'm spending all my time thinking about it all and reading stuff but at the same time getting nowhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    traseal our houses sound quite similiar... our place is kind of open plan, there's a bit of wall separating the lounge and the dining room, but it all kind of flows together and our back sliding door is next to the dining room. I'm thinking we will also have to push the dining table over and put the pool next to the wall where it was.

Dreambeliever, your idea with the display unit sounds really nice As for other things to organise, I've just written down things like make sure the car is full of petrol, pack a basic hospital bag in case we transfer, buy plastic sheets to put down on the floor, buy some extra buckets and gloves and that kind of thing

spicemum, oh gosh that would've been me! I'm sorry! I actually spoke to Ros yesterday and she wasn't sure if she had one for me but she fit me in and said "I'll have to make sure I remember there are none left if anyone else calls." I hope it isn't too difficult to organise another one?
    Mal's lovely isn't she. I always look forward to her coming over because she stays for a good long chat and I think DF is getting sick of me talking birth-related stuff
    I might have a look on the website and come to one of the sessions, I'd love to meet the other midwives too.

My books didn't arrive today. Does anyone know if there's a way to track them through the Book Depository?

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI ladies.

Welcome new courageous homebirthers.

I just popped in to share our little goodbye ritual story. We took the little origami boat and lotus to the river and found a lovely spot on the bank with rocks that stepped down to the water. We each spoke to our little apple. DS was gorgeous, he said he was sad that s/he didn't get to be born as his brother or sister but he was happy to have had her in our lives for this time.

We put the little boat in and....it found a little pooling current and kept coming back to us. It happened about three times. each time we put it back in trying to put it further out into the current and on the third time the lotus fell out of the boat and floated back to us. We all laughed and all agreed that s/he was showing us that s/he will come back to us. We walked further down ****** and I put the lotus in one last time, we all said be free little spirit til you return, then watched it float down the river. It was so very beautiful. We all cried and laughed and I feel almost lighter.

So lovely ladies, I will pop in and follow your journeys, and hope to return soon to discuss the virtues and challenges of preparing for a homebirth. Thanks for all advice and guidance. With love

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMum89 View Post
    hey Everyone I'm fairly sure im pregnant (only just ) with bub #2 and were planning a HBAC which is very exciting!

em1984 Andrea is really nice but i have heard she wont be working next year? im going with
    Helen Barringtonm we just clicked right away.
    (have you gone to meet them yet? they have coffee once a month in ferntree gully for women to come and have a chat)
    Hi! I'm meeting with Helen on Monday so excited! She seems absolutely lovely and I'm really excited. Have already compiled two pages of questions for her and I'm sure I'll be adding to it over the weekend. Where abouts are you and when are you due?

eda. I haven't been to the coffee morning yet, thinking of going to the next one (once I find out the date). I'm really keen to meet some other hb'ers as no one in my circle would ever really consider it and we've decided to keep it to ourselves so it would be nice to chat to people about it!
    Last edited by em1984; 09-10-2010 at 07:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ooilou View Post
    HI ladies.

Welcome new courageous homebirthers.

I just popped in to share our little goodbye ritual story. We took the little origami boat and lotus to the river and found a lovely spot on the bank with rocks that stepped down to the water. We each spoke to our little apple. DS was gorgeous, he said he was sad that s/he didn't get to be born as his brother or sister but he was happy to have had her in our lives for this time.

We put the little boat in and....it found a little pooling current and kept coming back to us. It happened about three times. each time we put it back in trying to put it further out into the current and on the third time the lotus fell out of the boat and floated back to us. We all laughed and all agreed that s/he was showing us that s/he will come back to us. We walked further down ****** and I put the lotus in one last time, we all said be free little spirit til you return, then watched it float down the river. It was so very beautiful. We all cried and laughed and I feel almost lighter.

So lovely ladies, I will pop in and follow your journeys, and hope to return soon to discuss the virtues and challenges of preparing for a homebirth. Thanks for all advice and guidance. With love

xxx

That's so beautiful

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think you're right, that was a real sign that you are going to be blessed again really soon xxx