+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi and welcome, spicemum! We are due on the same day Well let's hope they decide to come a few days either side so we can enjoy christmas! I'm actually being quite optimistic and having chrissy day lunch with all our family at our place, we'll see how it goes

I'm sorry to hear about your difficult previous birth experiences. It seems a lot of us find the home birth path after suffering traumatic births. My daughter was also a very difficult labour, got stuck because I couldn't push (epidural) and was delivered by vacuum extraction.

Let's hope we both get wonderful, peaceful and intervention-free christmas home births this time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks chloeandme, sounds like we hand similar stories for our firsts. Planning Chrissy lunch is a great idea. I might take that on board.
    I am kind of hoping "Murphy" steps in with his "Laws" and makes it inconvenient for everyone else by going on Chrissy Day. It will make Xmas even more special and mean I'm not overdue and worrying.
    Best of luck with yours :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks Looshkin that would be great. Funny thing is she is on the big list and lots of other homebirthers I've spoken to haven't heard of her and I couldn't find any feedback on her from jb. There was also an incident where she put me in a crappy position by telling me that she wasn't going to take traseal even though she told traseal she would and that it wasn't fair of her to tell me so she asked me not to say anything and then again took a while to get back to her about it.

I don't care if we didn't click but drawing it out this late and jeopardising my chances with other ims and then referring me to a hospital instead when she was a bit unsure at the beginning and said she would help me out with another middy at 16 weeks if she wasn't ready. Instead she postponed that appointment and then left it till 21 weeks to tell me after it was obvious when we met she wasn't keen oh well just glad I found out now rather than 37 weeks. I don't care if i have to freebirth this baby but I'm having him at home and no one is going to tell me I'm not unless it is life or death.

Traseal there is also no way I would be caving to the things your middy is expecting because it's your body and baby and no one has the choice but you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sorry to hear about your negative experiences of late, ManekiNeko and Traseal. It's honestly never too late to find an IM - I have heard of women deciding to homebirth very late in the pregnancy and successfully securing a good midwife, and also women who have been forced to change midwives for whatever reason. Good luck with this little kink in the journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey Everyone I'm fairly sure im pregnant (only just ) with bub #2 and were planning a HBAC which is very exciting!

em1984 Andrea is really nice but i have heard she wont be working next year? im going with
    Helen Barringtonm we just clicked right away.
    (have you gone to meet them yet? they have coffee once a month in ferntree gully for women to come and have a chat)

Quote Originally Posted by em1984 View Post
    I should probably join in this thread

I'm in Melbourne and currently on the lookout for a midwife. I'm hoping to contact a few today. I have contacted Andrea Bilcliff but yet to hear back

I had a GP app last night, he gave me all my referrals for scans etc for the whole pregnancy, so I'm all set in that respect. Told him my plans, he wasn't thriilled (I knew he wouldn't be) but said obviously it's our decision. At least he didn't put dp off which is what I was worried about, just said hb makes him nervous as if things go wrong in obstetrics they usually happen very quickly. I re-assured him we are 5 minutes from a hospital and I'm super low risk, so he kinda shurgged and that was it. Meh

Would love anymore suggestions of middies! I've taken down the names of the ones mentioned previously and will contact them. I'm finding it hard to find an actual website with a simple list, or is it just me?! I'm in South-east melbourne.

Feeling very excited, more so every day! This decision just feels so right

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Youngmum89 and Spicemum

Wishing you both an amazing homebirth journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey everyone,
    haven't been in here for a while.

welcome to all the new people it's wonderful to see so many homebirthers!

CluckySC and Ooilou so sorry to hear of your loss . Im sure your angel babies will come back to you again soon.

Spicemum - im another one due christmas day! and im having a HBAC too . Im also hoping this little one comes early and not on the due date! we shall see what happens.

Its so disapointing hearing all of these stories about IM's going back on their word and leaving you all without support. Makes me appriciate my IM all the more! I hope you all find wonderful IM's to get your homebirths.

As for me - so far everything is going well in this pregnancy and with 11 weeks to go im already feeling huge! My midwife just seems to get more comfortable with every visit and im feeling confident in her ability. Its just my confidence in my body's ability that i need to work on! hard to undo all the bad impressions and thoughts the dr's and ob's put in my head

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ManekiNeko View Post
    Thanks Looshkin that would be great. Funny thing is she is on the big list and lots of other homebirthers I've spoken to haven't heard of her and I couldn't find any feedback on her from jb. There was also an incident where she put me in a crappy position by telling me that she wasn't going to take traseal even though she told traseal she would and that it wasn't fair of her to tell me so she asked me not to say anything and then again took a while to get back to her about it.

I don't care if we didn't click but drawing it out this late and jeopardising my chances with other ims and then referring me to a hospital instead when she was a bit unsure at the beginning and said she would help me out with another middy at 16 weeks if she wasn't ready. Instead she postponed that appointment and then left it till 21 weeks to tell me after it was obvious when we met she wasn't keen oh well just glad I found out now rather than 37 weeks. I don't care if i have to freebirth this baby but I'm having him at home and no one is going to tell me I'm not unless it is life or death.

Traseal there is also no way I would be caving to the things your middy is expecting because it's your body and baby and no one has the choice but you.
    Yeah that is totally alarm ringing behaviour...
    If there is no feedback on JB then that has the alarm bells times x10000..

I'm getting the list together atm, just checking some names because I don't want to send names that don't come recommended by other women who expect true 'with woman' totally trusting in women and the process of birth style care.

The other option is to consider a lay midwife, i.ee a midwife that has decided to stop registering to avoid all the crap the often come into for being truly with women.

And the other option is to birth with an awesome doula, I think there is a world of difference in a hospital or whatever doula, an a true with woman traditional birth attendant who is used to supporting women in freebirth.
    I'll see if I can send some names for them as well.

Personally, if I couldn't find a midwife that answered all the questions I would have correctly i.e how do you feel about post dates being answered 'no problem at all' type things I would forget hiring a midwife and I would train in infant resuss as I think all women should know this in case a midwife doesn't make it etc - get a rad doula to be an appropriate emotional support for my pregnancy and birth.. and then just birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:16.