+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    Hi All I've been slack posting on here but have been reading and following how everyone is going.

Just a bit of an update from here. Today I had a bit of brown (and tiny bit of pink at one stage) spotting for the fourth bl**dy time (no pun intended). On Wednesday, last time I had it I also passed a tiny clot (about half the size of a five cent piece). No cramping, but still driving me batty and tonight burst into tears about it (especially when I saw the pink) feeling very overwhelmed and worried.

I know that it can be fine, but due to the fact that it's happened a number of times now I'm throwing my "only one scan please" thoughts away and going to the Doc to get a referral for a quick checkup one tomorrow. I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. Asked midwife what she thought and she said to never follow what anyone else thinks during pregnancy and to follow what I feel, so if I feel it would help me to get reassurance go for it. Think I will, but am asking for just a quick scan to check on bubs and bleeding. Don't want an internal so fingers crossed they can get something externally.

Am hoping that all is well and bubba is strong and kicking. My DS 2.5 adores the baby so much he spent about 20 minutes today just sitting there stroking my belly, giving the baby kisses and telling it how much it loves it and how he's going to take good care of it. He randomly runs up to me about 10 times a day and says "Mummy I love our baby so much. I love my baby brother or sister more than anything!!"

Hopefully the scan can put my mind at ease so I can spend more time relaxing and enjoying pregnancy rather than being nervous about when the next bout of spotting will come or if something's wrong!

Hugs to all, I'm off to bed
    Hope the bleeds stop for you! As I said in your earlier thread, I had a lot of bleeding with my first pregnancy and went on to have DS, it's surprisingly more common than some think.

As for your scan, your middie is right - follow what you feel. I am having two scans for my pregnancy, the morph scan and an early scan. I'm only having the latter just because I miscarried last time and I am beside myself with worry, I want to make sure everything is okay in there. But I want to wait long enough so that I don't have an internal scan done. Btw at 12 weeks, they should def be doing a transabdominal scan on you. Let us know how it all goes.

Your DS sounds gorgeous by the way

Quote Originally Posted by traseal View Post
    welcome em1984. Good luck finding a midwife. Glad your along with us for the ride.
    ooilou thanks for asking..i am ok. I dont know if its hormones or what. The hospital has been chasing me (have missed two appointments due to not having the intention to go and secondly forgetting to cancel) They said if i dont contact them by tomorrow then i lose my place...they have been pretty rude so i dont know if i can be bothered booking in at all...is anyone else NOT booking in? Then my middy also mentioned internals. I said i dont want any and she said thats fine but she still wants to do one if i feel the need to push just to make sure i am fully dilated. I really dont want that either. Im just doubting now if i found thr right one, or if im hormonal and need to talk to her more. She also wants be to have one appointment at the hospital....again i really dont want to go there at all.....so yeah time to sit and chat again with her. Im hoping she will flex or else i hav no idea...she was the last on my list of middys....arrghhh.
    I'm inclined to agree with Looshkin - I would consider hiring another middie in your shoes. Something doesn't seem right there. It's not good at all if your birthing philosophies are clashing I am pretty opposed to internals, and I would have assumed most midwifes would trust the mothers desire to push. Her comment about doing one just to check is really alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by ooilou View Post

I had my first in a small NSW country town, midwife antenatal care was not an option let alone homebirth. Sydney has options for you. The only army place I know of in Sydney is Mosmon, but that is barracks, I don't imagine you'll be placed there. How frustrating that they can't tell you where you'll be. Is it not even a round about these suburbs???
    DH will be based at Garden Island, so we are looking at somewhere closer to the city. It is so frustrating that we don't know where yet, we're just waiting for places to pop up on DHA (a slow process in itself )

How did your meeting with the IM go?

Quote Originally Posted by em1984 View Post
    I should probably join in this thread

I'm in Melbourne and currently on the lookout for a midwife. I'm hoping to contact a few today. I have contacted Andrea Bilcliff but yet to hear back

I had a GP app last night, he gave me all my referrals for scans etc for the whole pregnancy, so I'm all set in that respect. Told him my plans, he wasn't thriilled (I knew he wouldn't be) but said obviously it's our decision. At least he didn't put dp off which is what I was worried about, just said hb makes him nervous as if things go wrong in obstetrics they usually happen very quickly. I re-assured him we are 5 minutes from a hospital and I'm super low risk, so he kinda shurgged and that was it. Meh

Would love anymore suggestions of middies! I've taken down the names of the ones mentioned previously and will contact them. I'm finding it hard to find an actual website with a simple list, or is it just me?! I'm in South-east melbourne.

Feeling very excited, more so every day! This decision just feels so right
    Welcome

Good luck with finding a middie and congratulations on your pregnancy!

AFM: No real news on the midwife front for me, there is one I am really interested in (several people have recommended her), however I don't think she services the city area I'm waiting to hear back from her. It's really quite difficult to secure a midwife when the location of our residence remains unclear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'm bleeding and having cramps. very scary. been thinking about a scan- not sure what good it will do. i am sad. seeing my naturopath tonight and have been resting all day. both our bubs are okay cluckysc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i'm bleeding and having cramps. very scary. been thinking about a scan- not sure what good it will do. i am sad. seeing my naturopath tonight and have been resting all day. both our bubs are okay cluckysc.
    Huge hugs to you Ooilou - I hope all's well. I would suggest having a scan hon, not because it will change the outcome but because you will know what's going on and either be relieved or be able to see where you're at. My prayers are with you that it's all good.

Sadly I had my scan today and I was shocked to find that bub had died at 6 weeks. I'm 12 weeks today. So all this time I'd been getting more and more excited bubba had already passed. I've even had full on morning sickness and other symptoms. I know that everything happens for a reason and nothing could have been done to change the outcome, but we're still shattered about it. Much crying has been done and I'm sure much more will be done.

Tomorrow I'm going to see my old ob (who I liked as a person and as a surgeon I just wanted to avoid this time around as, you know, he's a surgeon ) for a consult in the morning and a D&C in the arvo, I'll check into hospital after the consult then wait until they call for me. Only plus is that I'll be home for bed. Will be slightly arkward "Er, Hi G, yeah I know I didn't come back to you this time around but could you clean my dead baby out please?"

Still, I can see acceptance in the distance, I'm sure we'll all get there, DF has been amazing, I've bought a big bag of sh*tty tabloids to read in hospy to distract myself and bought DS a couple of new DVD's as he's devastated (we've just explained that we found out bub wasn't ready to come yet but that it was ok because they'd come another time soon). Anyway, will take my elsewhere. Love to all and fingers crossed I'll be back soon enough with a sticky one. Xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so so sorry CluckySC. Strong healing energies for tomorrow and the next few days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Clucky I replied to the other thread, but I just want to say i'm really so devastated for you Miscarriage is such an awful thing, and I can't imagine going until 12 weeks before finding out. My m/c started with brown bleeding too but I didn't want to tell you that the other day, and now I feel bad for not saying anything. I just wanted to give you positive stories from when I bled with a good outcome. Please take care, I hope you are back soon with a sticky babe

Oh Oolilou, I really hope your bleeding and cramping ceases My fingers are crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my God Clucky. I'm so, so sorry. There's absolutely nothing I can say except I'm sending all my love your way. I hope you and your beautiful family heal soon. Take care XOXOXO Mary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Clucky I'm so sorry to hear that. Much strength and love to you for tomorrow. I will have you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. xo

ooilou - I have everything crossed for you. Stay sticky bubba.

traseal - I have to agree with Looshkin also. The last thing you want is someone in your birthing space that doesn't respect your wishes and that you don't feel 100% comfortable with. I hope you can sort things out by sitting down and having a good chat with her. There really aren't enough homebirth midwives in australia are there!

Bellini - Hope you hear back from her soon and it all falls into place, I can imagine how frustrating it would be not knowing where you will be living!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellini View Post
    Clucky I replied to the other thread, but I just want to say i'm really so devastated for you Miscarriage is such an awful thing, and I can't imagine going until 12 weeks before finding out. My m/c started with brown bleeding too but I didn't want to tell you that the other day, and now I feel bad for not saying anything. I just wanted to give you positive stories from when I bled with a good outcome. Please take care, I hope you are back soon with a sticky babe
    It's so tricky isn't it because the same thing can be something or nothing. Next time I'll get anything checked, but thinking positive is still a good thing I guess. Trying to do it now... this too shall pass....

Am trying to keep spirits up that this was not our bubba that we had been talking to and loving every day. The energy of that beautiful child is still here and will still come next time. This was an embryo that stopped developing and it's good for us to grieve it but we're still going to get our beautiful child when the time is right.

Thank you all SO much for your support. Means a great deal. Love you all heaps and i hope everything goes well for you all in your journey. I'll be checking back to hear how it's going

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have decided to go for scan tomorrow. will let you all know how it goes. trying to stay positive - not easy when i am in pain though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby has died. Very sad