+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oh and chloeandme, thank you SO much for that link. It was exactly what I was after and really really helpful, you're a gem

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Em1984 -

Firstly - I think Gaye would be fine with me choosing someone that suited me, but for me it would be preferable to know that she and the second middy got along and worked well together as well as me clicking with them both.

Secondly - I feel 110% easily. DH is completely supportive. But we have the experience of a pretty out of control hospital birth that ended in emergency caesar with our DS. Neither of us want to go through anything like that again. We are very happy with this choice- it suits us and our life philosophy so much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Still around - still pregnant. I'm hoping tonight is the night but this belly babe will probably keep me hanging another 2 weeks
    will let you guys know as soon as anything happens!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflies&Hurricanes View Post

Still around - still pregnant. I'm hoping tonight is the night but this belly babe will probably keep me hanging another 2 weeks

****labour vibes*****

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by traseal View Post
    welcome em1984. Good luck finding a midwife. Glad your along with us for the ride.
    ooilou thanks for asking..i am ok. I dont know if its hormones or what. The hospital has been chasing me (have missed two appointments due to not having the intention to go and secondly forgetting to cancel) They said if i dont contact them by tomorrow then i lose my place...they have been pretty rude so i dont know if i can be bothered booking in at all...is anyone else NOT booking in? Then my middy also mentioned internals. I said i dont want any and she said thats fine but she still wants to do one if i feel the need to push just to make sure i am fully dilated. I really dont want that either. Im just doubting now if i found thr right one, or if im hormonal and need to talk to her more. She also wants be to have one appointment at the hospital....again i really dont want to go there at all.....so yeah time to sit and chat again with her. Im hoping she will flex or else i hav no idea...she was the last on my list of middys....arrghhh.

If I was you, I would consider hiring another midwife, the fact that she wasn't 100% in the know about the state of collaborative agreements (or the entire lack of requirement for them at the moment)
    As well as her saying oh thats fine you don't want internals, I'll just do an internal.. has alarm bells screaming.

Talk to some more midwifes, it is never too late to find a with woman midwife that has total and complete trust in an unhindered birth.

Internals are not required, not based on evidence base practise, and is basically telling you, her fear of the birthing process is more important to assuage, than your need to not have your body violated. It seems really wrong to acquiesce to an intervention against your wishes and instinct simply to assuage her need to "make sure" your body is 'ready' to start the rejection reflex . I think it demonstrates that she has fears surrounding birth and womens bodies ability to birth as well as a possible lack of understanding in the concept of "unhindered birth" as internals at or around transmission are really, really hindering, painful and interrupt the important hormone flow and production, increase adrenaline which is the ANTI labour drug, and decreasing the safety of the birth.

If she's uncomfortable now and you decide to go ahead there is every chance she decides to assault you and give you an internal in labour anyway, against your wishes.

please get some consumer feedback on other with women midwives in your area. It is NEVER too late to ensure you have the right support people for your birth.
    Last edited by Looshkin; 02-10-2010 at 18:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflies&Hurricanes View Post

I'm so excited for you. I'm really looking forward to being at that any day now stage (not that I'm wishing away the time in between). She'll come when she's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by traseal View Post
    welcome em1984. Good luck finding a midwife. Glad your along with us for the ride.
    ooilou thanks for asking..i am ok. I dont know if its hormones or what. The hospital has been chasing me (have missed two appointments due to not having the intention to go and secondly forgetting to cancel) They said if i dont contact them by tomorrow then i lose my place...they have been pretty rude so i dont know if i can be bothered booking in at all...is anyone else NOT booking in? Then my middy also mentioned internals. I said i dont want any and she said thats fine but she still wants to do one if i feel the need to push just to make sure i am fully dilated. I really dont want that either. Im just doubting now if i found thr right one, or if im hormonal and need to talk to her more. She also wants be to have one appointment at the hospital....again i really dont want to go there at all.....so yeah time to sit and chat again with her. Im hoping she will flex or else i hav no idea...she was the last on my list of middys....arrghhh.
    Wow that sounds full on. I know what you mean about hospitals being rude, they are so impersonal. My middy (I am so excited just to even say that now) is recommending to have a hospital booking - it is at a hospital that has the set up for homebirth transfers and she feels most comfortable with them for other reasons also. I am happy to do that mostly because of the caesar. I have no desire to end up there (obviously).

I hadn't thought about internals, I think I would like to make sure I was fully dilated before pushing - what is your thinking behind not wanting any?

Has your middy explained herself to you, or are you feeling that she isn't listening?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traseal - I think anyone who is in homebirth midwifery has an open mind. I'm sure you can discuss with her and reach a point of understanding. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All I've been slack posting on here but have been reading and following how everyone is going.

Just a bit of an update from here. Today I had a bit of brown (and tiny bit of pink at one stage) spotting for the fourth bl**dy time (no pun intended). On Wednesday, last time I had it I also passed a tiny clot (about half the size of a five cent piece). No cramping, but still driving me batty and tonight burst into tears about it (especially when I saw the pink) feeling very overwhelmed and worried.

I know that it can be fine, but due to the fact that it's happened a number of times now I'm throwing my "only one scan please" thoughts away and going to the Doc to get a referral for a quick checkup one tomorrow. I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. Asked midwife what she thought and she said to never follow what anyone else thinks during pregnancy and to follow what I feel, so if I feel it would help me to get reassurance go for it. Think I will, but am asking for just a quick scan to check on bubs and bleeding. Don't want an internal so fingers crossed they can get something externally.

Am hoping that all is well and bubba is strong and kicking. My DS 2.5 adores the baby so much he spent about 20 minutes today just sitting there stroking my belly, giving the baby kisses and telling it how much it loves it and how he's going to take good care of it. He randomly runs up to me about 10 times a day and says "Mummy I love our baby so much. I love my baby brother or sister more than anything!!"

Hopefully the scan can put my mind at ease so I can spend more time relaxing and enjoying pregnancy rather than being nervous about when the next bout of spotting will come or if something's wrong!

Hugs to all, I'm off to bed