+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What about salt and pepper squid?? Havnt read anything about squid and doyles makes the best just wondering as planning on a trip to Doyles soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure it would be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Squid is fine ( and nutritious!) and it is one of the lowest mercury sea foods - as long as its cooked go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been having heaps of fish and chips! Battered fish has been one of my cravings I just try and choose fish that doesn't have a high mercury content.

I had a HUGE craving one day and I went to a pub with DH and friends to have lunch and of course I wanted fish and chips. The only battered fish they did was Orange Roughy which my sources told me was high in mercury and I'd already had some fish that week so it was out. They had barramundi but wouldn't batter it for me. I nearly cried!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's funny well it wouldn't have been for you at the time. I'm still nauseous but seem to get it more mid afternoon so mornings to lunch I still have appetite. I love salt and pepper squid so will definitely get some next week
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenz View Post
    I've been having heaps of fish and chips! Battered fish has been one of my cravings I just try and choose fish that doesn't have a high mercury content.

I had a HUGE craving one day and I went to a pub with DH and friends to have lunch and of course I wanted fish and chips. The only battered fish they did was Orange Roughy which my sources told me was high in mercury and I'd already had some fish that week so it was out. They had barramundi but wouldn't batter it for me. I nearly cried!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol I look back and laugh but no it was not funny at all at the time!!

I've also had salt and pepper squid so I'm sure it will be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay to salt and pepper squid one more question me and DH are going to Malaya for our wedding anniversary they do awesome honey prawns which are in batter so fried are prawns ok or a no no? I really love seafood and miss it so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm that's a bit of a grey area for me clucky14. I'd say no but I can be overly cautious sometimes. They will be deep fried but I guess it depends how they've been stored and prepared too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is a top restraunt thou I guess you are right you never know how they are stored better keep away from them for now can't wait till the bubs due To be able to eat prams, smokes salmon and eggs Benedict again! QUOTE=Teenz;7163489]Hmmm that's a bit of a grey area for me clucky14. I'd say no but I can be overly cautious sometimes. They will be deep fried but I guess it depends how they've been stored and prepared too?[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have known pregnant women to eat prawns though so completely a personal choice

Ohhhh yes eggs benedict!! Can't wait to be able to eat that. And soft boiled eggs!