• Depends on the park

15 21.74%
  • Almost never

2 2.90%
  • Other

0 0%
  • My child's had an injury from not wearing shoes

0 0%
  • My child hasn't had an injury from not wearing shoes (excuse the confusing double negative!)

14 20.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Kids in parks: shoes on or shoes off?

I was at the playground of a popular Brisbane park yesterday.

I overheard a dad getting very agitated about his children not wearing shoes, due to the risk of a needle stick.

Made me think - what's the norm when your kids play at the parks?

Has your child ever had an injury at a park (from glass, needles etc)?

I will add a poll.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Shoes on here, but I've been known to kick mine off though (one of our local parks has a sand pit!! And its strangely clean ).
    And no injuries!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    shoes everytime they outside.

When i was 4 i had a huge shard of glass cut through my foot at the park in the bottom and out the top. It is not that hard to wear shoes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Shoes on here. Im not overly concerned with needles but glass is a factor. He's never had an injury because he's always wearing shoes. Gosh I didn't even let him sit on the grass at 10 months old because I was worried about ants and things . He always sat on mats or rugs and I kept a keen eye out for ants. I'm a worry wort, I wish I wasn't such a worrier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I leave my son's shoes on, but he invariably sits down and stuffs sand and/or bark chip in them until I take them off!

I always let him have them off, as I think the risk of injury is very low, particularly in our local park.

Thanks
    Reviews
    shoes are a must when they are outside except at the beach. no injuries but prob because they have to wear shoes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    usually always shoes on now apart from if there is sand if we go to a park with sand as i hate sand being in shoes as takes forever to get rid of. never had any injuries either with shoes on or off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it depends on the park. I would insist on shoes in all the local parks but the parks near my parents are safe enough for him to be bare foot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shoes always on. I am soooo paranoid about needlestick injuries. I know th risk may be low but if one of my kids got AIDS, oh it would kill me.

So indoor playcentres, maccas playgrounds shoes off - parks etc shoes on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shoes on always not worried about needles so much as all the broken glass around our local park