User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    Yes, but that doubt creeps in often. Its hard to keep it away... but you can do it honey. *hugs*
    Me He and the Terrible Twosome

The unexamined life is not worth living. - Socrates

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still suffer ....

I was diagnosed with anorexia when I was 15.... Hospitalized when I was 16 for 9 weeks (spent my 17th birthday in hospital ) during those 9 weeks i was not allowed off my bed.. I had to have sponge baths and use a bed pan...

My parents were the only ones I was allowed to have visit ... And they were even stopped at one point ...

Now 12 years later I am still really struggling with bulimia ... I eat because of the girls... My partner and my parents.. But then I dash off to the bathroom to go to the toilet ... I hate it !

I hate it sooo much... I just want to be normal !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    emmiejayne
    Me & He
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2008
    DD 2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    I don't want to trigger anyone else who's had an eating disorder...but does anyone here talk themselves OUT of eating? even when they're hungry?

I used to have this very stupid mantra which I would say to myself - often when I was trembling from being so hungry (before I was hospitalised) - "nothing tastes as good as thin feels". That popped into my head last night after a bowl of 150 calorie soup. It's such an uphill battle, it really is. I haven't thought of that stupid saying in ages.
    ALL the time!

To answer OP - I hope so but I really don't believe so

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wish I could stop... I have tried... Been to a counsellor .. Been on antidepressants ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have struggled since i was 16years old - I don't believe its something that i will ever get over - I am at this stage the healthiest i have ever been - and breastfeeding has been my motivation to be healthy - i have to provide for my self well so i can provide for my baby, but i am afraid to say i no the minute bfing journey ends my ed will return...
    I am the same as many, have been in hospital, have had my body shut down i suffer lots of problems today because of my body not getting enough nourishment, i have been on AD i have seen pyschs its jsut something i dont think will ever fully disappear, its always in the back of mind...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emmiejayne View Post
    I just wish I could stop... I have tried... Been to a counsellor .. Been on antidepressants ...

its so hard.... I hope you can get the help that you need to overcome this awful illness - for your families sake and for yours - you deserve happiness and to be well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know what else I can do.. Its been with me for years !! I really hate it I do!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i totally understand.... having a hard time atm , i lost lots of weight in the past 6months or so, i was a size16 and now im a 8, i dont ever want to be like that agian, and i worry about what i eat most of the time, and feel terrible about myself and then precede to excercise more and more so to burn off some energy, i feel terrible most of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies,
    Thought I'd quickly write in here....
    I don't know if anybody with a past or current ED will ever have a completely care-free relationship with food, but I think that the key is to recognize the moments you are having negative food/weight thoughts and self-talk. I use my TTC journey to continue on a healthy path, by saying to myself, you might not want to eat that meal, but your body needs it to care for a baby. It's simple, but it is very effective, for me at least. I have used it since being discharged from hospital (for anorexia) and have slowly, but surely gained back enough weight to be of a "normal" bmi, and be able to start TTC. Before going into hospital I wasn't even menstruating, now I eat regular, healthy meals, occasional treats that I would never have even looked at before, have perfect, regular cycles, and ready to be a mum.

For those who are already Mum's, I agree with what some of you guys have already said. Nobody wants their child to go through an eating disorder, we all know it's a type of living hell, so maybe every time you have those neg thoughts, look at your children and try and be the best role model you can possibly be for them.