User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    call me chicken pinky, everyone else does!! LOL

Absolutley, I blame everythign on being and mum and now beign pregnant. When I first had DD I dropped weight really quickly, "oh, im a new mum, I dont have time to eat and look after myself, I have a baby" now its, "im pregnant, need to fatten up that baby so its nice and healthy when its born"... It drives me insane, I always find an excuse (cant think of a better word).....

arhghghghggh........... Even when seeing a psych and going through treatment programs, they cant flick the switch in your brain to make you stop thinking like that, I always acknowedge that the thought is totally not justified, but it doesnt stop me...

Has anyone read brontys story, now that is a look into an sufferers mind.... it is very triggering though....... but she does the same sort of justification. and in subsequent interviews has alwyas said her relationship with food wil never be the same....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found I put on so much weight when pregnant I felt like I was allowed to eat because I was having to be healthy for the baby. But then my after baby body depressed me so much.

I don't think anyone understands an eating disorder until they have suffered through it themselves. I hate being like this I have had counselling and it didn't help. I am better I don't binge very much and my self control is better but stress triggers my eating and I hide my battle with food from everyone including DH as he gets so mad with me. To me it is a very lonely battle with food and as I said I just so hope I spare my DD this turmoil.

to you I know it is so hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how it feels. I hate the cycle. I was admitted to hospital a few times after fainting from lack of food. The thing is they never weighed me, i just discharged myself the next day after staying over night. I am in a binge cycle at the moment where i will eat but i never feel satisfied or full. I find not eating very easy and i find bingeing easy but it is either one or the other. I almost got back to my pre baby weight before my wedding but then i fell pregnant and couldnt go to the gym anymore and the lure of 3 whoppers with cheese and whole party sized pizzas came along. I tried celebrity slim and my anorexia came back. I managed to fight it off before it stuck its claws in but it almost had me again. I would say things like "for the same cal as a shake, i can have 10 cups of soup, i will have a cup of soup."

i never make my children eat anything. I give them food but just let them eat what they want. I also never eat in front of them. I will have a cup of tea or something so we all eat together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I do now.
    Single Mummy to my 2 munchkins
    Studying full time
    And smooshing with a new man when my babies are with their Daddy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosily View Post
    I found I put on so much weight when pregnant I felt like I was allowed to eat because I was having to be healthy for the baby. But then my after baby body depressed me so much.

I don't think anyone understands an eating disorder until they have suffered through it themselves. I hate being like this I have had counselling and it didn't help. I am better I don't binge very much and my self control is better but stress triggers my eating and I hide my battle with food from everyone including DH as he gets so mad with me. To me it is a very lonely battle with food and as I said I just so hope I spare my DD this turmoil.

to you I know it is so hard.
    That is totally me

Quote Originally Posted by catch 22 View Post
    I know how it feels. I hate the cycle. I was admitted to hospital a few times after fainting from lack of food. The thing is they never weighed me, i just discharged myself the next day after staying over night. I am in a binge cycle at the moment where i will eat but i never feel satisfied or full. I find not eating very easy and i find bingeing easy but it is either one or the other. I almost got back to my pre baby weight before my wedding but then i fell pregnant and couldnt go to the gym anymore and the lure of 3 whoppers with cheese and whole party sized pizzas came along. I tried celebrity slim and my anorexia came back. I managed to fight it off before it stuck its claws in but it almost had me again. I would say things like "for the same cal as a shake, i can have 10 cups of soup, i will have a cup of soup."

i never make my children eat anything. I give them food but just let them eat what they want. I also never eat in front of them. I will have a cup of tea or something so we all eat together.
    I am so scared of how I will affect my kids eating habits, but I am not even sure how to approach it as I am a mess when it comes to 'good eating habits'. I stress over their eating or not eating or what they eat. We rarely eat at the same time, and when we do I am usually having diet coke or a tin of vege soup.

Quote Originally Posted by peanutbutter&jelly View Post
    Yes I do now.
    I am so happy for you & very jealous.
    Me & He
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2008
    DD 2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yes, I can honestly say for the first time in my life at age 32, I have a healthy relationship with food and my body image I struggled for 15 plus years with the A word and the B word and FINALLY the last couple of years it is like I have come through the fog and can see food for what it is....nourishment for my body...not and enemy and not a crutch, just food

I cannot express the way I feel in enough words really. Freedom I guess sums it up. Something has been lifted. But for the grace of God go I.
    Me Dh
    DS 14
    DS 9
    DD 7
    DS 5
    DD 3 1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Yes, I can honestly say for the first time in my life at age 32, I have a healthy relationship with food and my body image I struggled for 15 plus years with the A word and the B word and FINALLY the last couple of years it is like I have come through the fog and can see food for what it is....nourishment for my body...not and enemy and not a crutch, just food

I cannot express the way I feel in enough words really. Freedom I guess sums it up. Something has been lifted. But for the grace of God go I.
    Bloody good on you Refresh!! I am trying hard to get on top of it too & only hope one day I will feel the same.
    Me & He
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2008
    DD 2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    Refresh - I am glad to hear a positive story as I so hate battling with food and the guilt I feel. It gives me hope that there will come a day when it isn't a battle but just a normal way of thinking.

Boymommy - I am sorry I can't be more positive my mother was always on a diet and it was drilled in to me that skinny was everything. I hope your battle with food becomes better I certainly have improved over the years and it doesn't consume me to the extent it used to but I so struggle and the guilt when I eat has never gone away. I loved being pregnant it was the only time I believed I deserved to indulge in food. Many people in my life have been very cruel and told me how pathetic I am but until you have had an eating disorder it is hard for anyone to fathom the complexity of it all. Good luck I truly hope you are one of the women who does get a positive outcome and a healthy relationship with food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosily View Post
    Boymommy - I am sorry I can't be more positive my mother was always on a diet and it was drilled in to me that skinny was everything. I hope your battle with food becomes better I certainly have improved over the years and it doesn't consume me to the extent it used to but I so struggle and the guilt when I eat has never gone away. I loved being pregnant it was the only time I believed I deserved to indulge in food. Many people in my life have been very cruel and told me how pathetic I am but until you have had an eating disorder it is hard for anyone to fathom the complexity of it all. Good luck I truly hope you are one of the women who does get a positive outcome and a healthy relationship with food.
    Thanks Rosily Your path sounds very similar to mine. Sadly enough I sometimes feel very pathetic myself about the whole thing - my logic tells me one thing but my emotions and my body are way stronger in making me do the other. Complex indeed.
    Me & He
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2008
    DD 2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    boymommy-Logic never wins in my head either, you are not alone on that!! No matter how many times I tell myself something my emotions make me do other things!!!

PB&J and Refresh!! I applaud you and hope that those of us still struggling will get there some day!!!!