+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Safety 1st Travel System

Hi Just wondering if anyone has purchased the Safety 1st Shuttle Stroller and Safety First One Infant Carrier and if so what are their thoughts. I saw one out and about today and really like the look of it. I had pretty much decided on a the Steelcraft Terrain and Safe'n'Sound carrier which is cheaper than this but once bub is out of the capsule they have to face forward. The Safety first has a reversable seat. I am wanting something that will be OK for walking on bike paths etc so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default follow-up

did you end up buying the safety first shuttle & infant carrier? Thoughts?
    - Pram shopping is killing me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went and looked at this pram instore yesterday and was no happy with it ( i might just be a fussy pants though )

It just didnt feel sturdy thru the handle , it felt. Kinda flimsy ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually had the same impression with the handle in two separate stores. I love the capsule though so I'm torn!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Yes I did buy this capsule and stroller

I wrote a bit of a review a few posts ago. Overall I am reasonably happy with it.

When I first got it home from the shop and assembled it it must admit I thought it felt a bit flimsy at first but having used it for six months now (both capsule and pram) I don't think it is flimsy anymore.

My DS has just turned six months old. The capsule was fantastic (have just stopped using it), really easy to put in and out of the base in the car and on the stroller base the sunshade on the capsule was also great in the car.

I have been using the pram/stroller as well throughout the entire six months. One of the features that attracted me to this pram was that you could face the baby either towards or away from you, this is great but with this pram you have to decide before you put the child in which way they will face, the instructions do not reccommend you change over with the child in the seat as to do this you have to unclick the seat and turn it around. I have done this a few times and it worked OK but now he is getting heavier it is a bit hard.

I am about 168cm tall and DH is taller, the handle is just long enough for me but if I was any taller I think I would want it longer. I have taken it walking on the walking paths around here and occaisionally gone "off road" to take a short cut, it has handled the terrain really well.

It does take up a fair bit of room in my boot but most prams do, The system has been great when eating out in restaurants, a lot of waitresses have commented that it is really compact (not like some of the huge prams around).

I guess overall I am happy at this stage. The pram is supposed to be suitable for a tall child and it looks like my boy is going to be tall so I look forward to seeing how well it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thumbs up Saftey 1st

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input! I actually went and bought it with the infant carrier. I have done A LOT of research on this topic for months! We bought the Strider plus and returned it because it's not made for off-road terrain and it was heavy & very wide. The Peg Perego Uno was on the list but the reviews on breaks & quality were shocking - the good thing about it was how it closed though and fairly light weight. Next up was the Valco Rebel Q which, seems similar to the safety 1st but didn't have a travel system and is a fair bit heavier and harder to close.

In the end the Safety 1st ticks all the boxes - the capsule is the only 5 star rated capsule on the market so I figured the pram would follow suit and to top it off It was only about an extra $100 to have the Infant Carrier included than what we would be paying for some of the prams out there.

We were originally going for a convertible seat newborn - 4 yrs but financially we're better off this way and very convenient. The carrier also doubles as a rocker. I didn't find the handle flimsy and it has pneumatic air pump tires and suspension on the front wheels making it great for off-road. I think some people may think the handle flimsy because it has a little give which is there for suspension and ease when roads are bumpy. The front wheels lock for this reason also and it has a foot break for back tires too!

I have tried soooo many different prams & researched more and I can honestly say this is by far superior than most out there and it hardly weighs anything. I even prefer it to the bugaboo (better price tag too!)

The only thing I would change is the size of the lower basket. It's not tiny but nowhere near as big as say the strider plus but I happily forgo this for everything else this travel system has going for it...you can buy an extra base for about $120 to fit to a 2nd car if you need it too.

I've been playing with it a lot since we got it and love it. WIll buy a $10 hand pump and universal cup holder and I'm good to go!

Sooooo happy to finally have this sorted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A further wrap for this pram is that after using for six months I was having difficulty attaching the seat and contacted the manufacturer via the place I purchased it with a warranty claim. I was responded to within a few hours and it turned out to be an operator error (me) one side had been bumped in transit and was out of line I had not noticed and was able to fix it myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am really keen to try out this stroller as I am 6 ft tall and am having difficulty finding a stroller. Can anyone tell me where they have been able to see the safety 1st travel system as I have not found anyone who stocks it in the Sydney area. Or has anyone used this system who is quite tall (around 6 ft)?

Thanks heaps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry can't help with a Sydney retailer but the store I purchased it on has an online video explaining its features at www.bubsngrubs.com.au which may help. I have also recently realised that originally I was not pulling the handle out all the way so it works OK for us when we have it extended fully, DH is about 6ft tall.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cait2069 View Post
    I am really keen to try out this stroller as I am 6 ft tall and am having difficulty finding a stroller. Can anyone tell me where they have been able to see the safety 1st travel system as I have not found anyone who stocks it in the Sydney area. Or has anyone used this system who is quite tall (around 6 ft)?

Thanks heaps
    Hi,
    Try http://www.bananababy.com.au they're in Kogarah and where we got ours. DH is just shy of 6 ft and has no problems and I'm 5ft1.5" and happy too.
    The whole system was about 600 but was on offer from memory.
    Good luck