+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I loved the BC middies at RPA but had an appalling incident with a dog of an ob reg in the clinic I went to upstairs when I was overdue. Got into a massive argument about booking c/sec as I was vbac and then she wanted to do a s & s!! As if i'd let her lol!
    I'm actually still a bit angry about a few things that happened there so my question is, to whom would I address a complaint letter?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know if this is something you'd know...

I was at RPA for my last baby and ended up going from the Birth Centre to an emergency C-section.
    Not sure what to do for the next pregnancy, but a big priority is choosing a hospital that can facilitate a positive experience even if I end up with another c-section.
    Do you know, does RPA have rules about breastfeeding in the operating theatre after c-section, and keeping the baby with you in recovery? Last time I just did what ever I was told, but in hindsight, not sure if I could have insisted on breastfeeding DS straight away, or keeping him with me.

studentmidwife0810 is offline Student midwife- successfully helping women bring life into the world since 2009
    Thanks
    Reviews
    wonderful, did you go birth centre? they have monday night appointments and saturday appointments, if you choose one of these days try and book ALL of your appoinments on those days up to term, they book out quickly

i think its 526 per night?

yes yes, we are more than happy to be the bad guys for you, we can kick people out if needs be.

i wish you the best with your pregnancy and birth
    xx

studentmidwife0810 is offline Student midwife- successfully helping women bring life into the world since 2009
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAnne View Post
    I loved the BC middies at RPA but had an appalling incident with a dog of an ob reg in the clinic I went to upstairs when I was overdue. Got into a massive argument about booking c/sec as I was vbac and then she wanted to do a s & s!! As if i'd let her lol!
    I'm actually still a bit angry about a few things that happened there so my question is, to whom would I address a complaint letter?
    hello,
    i cannot remember the exact address, but call the birth centre and ask them.
    its really important to send a letter, otherwise someone else might get that awful experience.

im sorry i hope you had a good birth experience otherwise?
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post
    I don't know if this is something you'd know...

I was at RPA for my last baby and ended up going from the Birth Centre to an emergency C-section.
    Not sure what to do for the next pregnancy, but a big priority is choosing a hospital that can facilitate a positive experience even if I end up with another c-section.
    Do you know, does RPA have rules about breastfeeding in the operating theatre after c-section, and keeping the baby with you in recovery? Last time I just did what ever I was told, but in hindsight, not sure if I could have insisted on breastfeeding DS straight away, or keeping him with me.
    ok so basically, now RPA do the "follow-through" which means that you get to keep the baby skin to skin with you in recovery and try a breastfeed.

its hard to think in hindsight, you did the best you could and its hard, first baby, first time in the environment im sure it was the right thing to do just to go with the midwives.

if you want to insist, INSIST, seriously, its important to get what you want.

hope this time everything goes well, and birth centre do VBACS
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wish all the midwives were like you - you sound like you are doing a great job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by studentmidwife0810 View Post
    ok so basically, now RPA do the "follow-through" which means that you get to keep the baby skin to skin with you in recovery and try a breastfeed.

its hard to think in hindsight, you did the best you could and its hard, first baby, first time in the environment im sure it was the right thing to do just to go with the midwives.

if you want to insist, INSIST, seriously, its important to get what you want.

hope this time everything goes well, and birth centre do VBACS
    xx
    Thanks, that is good to know. I'm not even pregnant again yet, I just like planning ahead.

I was under the impression that the RPA birth centre was going to be forced to give up vbac's within the next 12 months (so that they'd only be available in the maternity ward). Is there any truth to this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by studentmidwife0810 View Post
    hello,
    i cannot remember the exact address, but call the birth centre and ask them.
    its really important to send a letter, otherwise someone else might get that awful experience.

im sorry i hope you had a good birth experience otherwise?
    xx
    No unfortunately, I had quite an awful cat 1 c-sec. I ended up bleeding a lot at about 5cm, got taken across to delivery and prepped for c-sec. In that time while signing forms etc I was having back to back cx and was begging for epi as I knew I had to have a c-sec and didn't want general anaesthetic. Apparently there was no anaesthetist available. On the way down to theatre, I felt an urge to push, mw checked cervix in corridor, found I was 10. Taken to op theatre to push which is a really amazing environment to relax and push with people readying themselves for surgery (!) Ventouse applied unsuccessfully, concern about cervix rupturing and fetal hb, FINALLY anaesthetist arrives. Dr pushes baby up my vagina while i'm still awake with no pain relief i'm told "this will hurt". Given general anaesthetic. Thank god (and i'm an atheist ) Gorgeous wonderful son safely delivered, though i'm still prone to be upset 2 years on when I think about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I wish all the midwives were like you - you sound like you are doing a great job!
    this made me smile so much right now, thankyou
    i hope you had a lovely midwive, and i hope all my ladies in labour think im just as good as you think i am.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAnne View Post
    No unfortunately, I had quite an awful cat 1 c-sec. I ended up bleeding a lot at about 5cm, got taken across to delivery and prepped for c-sec. In that time while signing forms etc I was having back to back cx and was begging for epi as I knew I had to have a c-sec and didn't want general anaesthetic. Apparently there was no anaesthetist available. On the way down to theatre, I felt an urge to push, mw checked cervix in corridor, found I was 10. Taken to op theatre to push which is a really amazing environment to relax and push with people readying themselves for surgery (!) Ventouse applied unsuccessfully, concern about cervix rupturing and fetal hb, FINALLY anaesthetist arrives. Dr pushes baby up my vagina while i'm still awake with no pain relief i'm told "this will hurt". Given general anaesthetic. Thank god (and i'm an atheist ) Gorgeous wonderful son safely delivered, though i'm still prone to be upset 2 years on when I think about it.
    this sounds like an awful experience, and im truely sorry you had this, i recommend calling the birth centre and asking them for a debrief, they can bring your notes and discuss everything with you, im not sure about labour ward and if they do this but call the birth centre.

its understandable that you upset about your experience, but doing this will hopefully make you feel better, no one can give you back your birth experience, but you can hopefully gain back some closure and control.

xx