+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't feel any guilt, but I feel like people think I should feel bad about it. What I hate is being forced into making a decision that no mother should ever have to. A mother's worst nightmare. My twins would've endured a miserable, painful life. I love my twins, and and I am certain they are in a much better place now than this cruel world.

I have a box with their tiny clothes and photos and I look at it often.

I think what I am scared of the most is the day I have to tell my children they have sisters and why they aren't here

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

duck07  (04-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitake View Post
    Hope it wasn't too OTT, was glad to help. Don't feel sad for me I'm just having a sooky la la night

True, i rememebr chatting about your little girl with you, eeek years ago now. I even remember her name. It stuck in my mind. Not sure if you do, I can't even think of a thread it came up in that we both posted in
    You have a great memory! I can't remember which post it was in either.. !

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I don't feel any guilt, but I feel like people think I should feel bad about it. What I hate is being forced into making a decision that no mother should ever have to. A mother's worst nightmare. My twins would've endured a miserable, painful life. I love my twins, and and I am certain they are in a much better place now than this cruel world.

I have a box with their tiny clothes and photos and I look at it often.

I think what I am scared of the most is the day I have to tell my children they have sisters and why they aren't here
    Massive hugs
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not ott at all. Jet really helpful to have an insiders view on how to better help my friend.
    Ladies, I just find it totally abhorrent that anyone could criticize you for making the hardest decisions of your lives. And that you feel somehow ashamed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just wanted to post to say my heart goes out to you all. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU for starting this support thread. I sadly let my twins go Oct 09 it was the most heartbreaking devastating decision to ever have to make my heart aches with sadness every time I think about it and still can't believe I never got to meet my twin boys. When I had the 18wk scan I never expected to get told the horrible news that both twins were missing apart of the brain and with that other serious complications, My 2 other children and husband were with me when the Dr gave us the news just after we found out we were having boys. R.I.P Izaak and Jay always in our hearts and sadly missed every day
    Last edited by Teesh; 17-08-2011 at 15:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    support for women and men grieving after termination can be found at www.opendoors.com.au. It can help to talk to someone who isn't involved so you can express all that you feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Teesh, I am sorry to hear of your loss. This is the first time i have ever posted anything like this on any site and it's been 9 years since i had to make the decision to let my baby go. I too found out at my 20 weeks scan that my boy was missing a part of his brain. The unfortunate part was that this dragged on for many weeks as i underwent test after test until they told me i was too far to do anything in NSW due to laws. My partner and i ended up driving ot Melbourne where we were looked after by a special clinic. My heart goes out to you, there is not a day that goes by that i dont think about the what if... I am now 33 weeks pregnant with a little girl. All tests have come back clear. Just wanted to say hang in there, you made the right decision.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Manda M For This Useful Post:

Teesh  (05-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Manda M for sharing your story I to had to go to Melbourne from Qld then 12months later after seeing a genetic Dr at a major Hos here in qld they said they would of helped me I was so sad to here that after the traumatic trip to Melbourne, Im glad you are having a healthy little girl all the best xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone. It looks like it's been a long time since anyone has posted on here... reading the posts on here has made me very sad. I realise this isn't really the forum for this question, but I figure as most people who comment here are in a similar position - that someone may be able to help me. I have noticed that lots of people have little angels after their comments for their sleeping babies. I would really like to add one to mine. Do you have to have made a certain number of posts before you have access to this??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @sm3rc , I think you need a certain number of posts to create a signature. Once you can do this there are heaps of images you can use. If you ever want to talk about your bubba feel free. My little boy was born at 24 weeks after a devastating diagnosis at 20 weeks.