+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Getting a second opinion with Dr Gavin Sacks

Hi Ladies,

Does anyone have any stories they'd like to share on Dr Gavin Sacks of IVF Australia?

I am going to see him in September for a 2nd opinion as I'd like to be tested for killer cells and what ever other tests he would like to throw at me!

TIA x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there I have been to Dr Gavin Sacks at IVF Australia. I have only had one appointment with him thus far. He is a no nonsense approach, an accent that is hard to understand. Well I found it hard to understand it sounds kinda like a small bit of irish accent.

Whenever I have mentioned that I am going to Gavin Sack the GPs all say. Wow your going to one of the best. So Im assuming that is correct. My first IVF cycle will be performed by him in September.

The only thing I need to discuss with Gavin is the fact he has marked a one on the form to transfer one embie. I want two embies transferred. He gave me his email addy if I need to email him, which I think is great!!

Im certainly going to ask for a 2 embie transfer, Im 36yrs old turning 37 in a month I think I have the right to have two transferred if available.

TNTbub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been going to Dr Sacks (I've been seeing Dr Krishnan, who is associated with IVF Australia), but Dr Sacks performed my Embie Transfer at Maroubra - and I am now 7 weeks 3 days pregnant, so I'm assuming he did a good job . So I have met him, but only briefly. He was really lovely, & put both me & DH at ease when we were quite nervous about the ET, taking the edge of the whole thing.

Also, I didnt have a problem with his accent, but everyone is different

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again, it was just a small accent. Its I didnt mean anything by it. I spoke with the nurses yesterday who got in touch with gavin sacks to have 2 transferred.

He has now marked 1-2 embies to be transferred if available. Yay Im so glad he is listening.

TNTbub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been with Gavin Sacks for about 4 years now, he has always been proactive, listens very well and is willing to try things. Tnt I know he only likes to transfer 2 after you turn 40 but as I said he listens and is very understanding.

Good luck to all of you I hope he brings you the success he brought to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks mini. I cant wait till I was 40 to transfer two. I dont want to be cycling that long and plus using donor sperm we have 3 full IVF cycle goes to fall pregnant, if we dont we go to the bottom of the donor list again. I need all the help I can get and if that is transfering two then I will do it. lol.

TNTbub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm seeing Dr Sacks tomorrow, so hopefully, he'll give me something different for my next cycle. I still haven't got my BT from my FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cannotgiveup - good luck for your cycle.

maybe talk with him over your concerns. What do you mean your still dont have your BT from your FS?? Im a bit confused sorry.

TNTbub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are going to Gavin and can't speak highly enough of him. I would warn that he doesn't beat around the bush - he'll tell you what he thinks whether you like it or not! We actually found that refreshing as I was tired of the "don't worry, you'll get pregnant" attitude and was ready for some proaction. My husband particularly needed it as he's a "bury your head in the sand and everything will be fine" guy and really needed to be told that time was running out. The other side of this approach is that when he says something positive, he really does believe it. It really put my mind at ease when, after a scan at 10 weeks, he said he'd bet his house on us having a baby from this pregnancy!

We actually didn't get to ivf as I conceived just as we were about to start, but we believe we wouldn't have our daughter if it wasn't for Gavin. He carefully monitored my early pregnancy and put me on progesterone pessaries when my progesterone dropped at 5 weeks (something that many Drs wouldn't recommend - they think that a drop in progesterone and then miscarriage is always a result of an abnormal emby rather than a malfunctioning corpus luteum). We were sad to leave him for another obstetrician after the 1st trimester as Randwick was just too far for us to travel.

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen Dr Sacks, I must say, I'm rather disappointed for him to even talk down about the clinic that I'm currently seeing and suggested that I change to his clinic. I'm really happy with the clinic that I'm with but I just needed another FS opinion for NK.

Did anyone of you ladies consulted with Dr Sacks but still continue with your own clinic?

Rosewater, how did you go with Dr Sacks?