Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default MFI - Oligospermia and going to do ICSI

My husband has MFI classified as Oligospermia. We had a son 4 yrs ago concieved naturally after 7 months trying so this was a shock. We have had a Y test and shows this is not genetic, but we dont know how his infertilty has came about (we dont know if he had this before we concieved our son).

We are starting ICSI next month and I am worried that we wont have any good sperm at all to fertilize the eggs? What has been your experience with MFI with ICSI - (I dont seem to have any fertility issues) and is there anything that he can do to increase his sperm?

Default Male factor infertility - oligospermia

Hi "second baby not so easy"

IVF and ICSI works brilliantly in your situation. The scientists will choose the "best looking" sperm to inject into the eggs, and you should get good fertilisation rates. I advise my patients to have plenty of intercourse ( or frequest ejaculations) prior to the sample used for ICSI. This is because, only a few sperm are needed for the process, and there is some evidence that fresh sperm has lower levels of DNA damage. As long as there are "some sperm" not "zero sperm" you should be fine. Good luck! Sonya

Similar Threads

1. New to IVF/ICSI 2012
    By Kenta in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 17:15
  2. ICSI with CID
    By SL1009 in forum Fertility Treatment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-02-2012, 16:45
  3. Too old for ICSI at 37!!!!
    By tiggasam in forum IVF
    Replies: 8