+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    keziah is offline I am thankful to the Universe for this lesson of patience and know that our child is on its way....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omgshoes - great idea....

Here's my introduction to all our lovely newbies....

My DH and I are both 42yrs and have been TTC since 2007, riding a rollercoaster of tests/clomid/metformin/natural therapies and now under the care of a wonderful Acupuncturist with herbs only with cycles running like clockwork.

We are also going to the Westmead Fertility Clinic open nite next wk to hopefully sign up for IVF/ICSI. We have had two m/c and two chemicals. There is no stand-out reason as to why we are not falling pregnant (me - tubes clear/hormone levels good/ovulating regularly/14/15 day LP etc etc.....DH - sperm count borderline + recently diagnosed kidney failure). Obviously age is an issue also.

Being in here is both an honour and a life saver....I admit, occasionally I slope off and bury myself in red wine and chocolate and then I shake myself out of it and come back with renewed hope and energy and the amazing thing is everyone in here has a story and every one of us is feeling/thinking/behaving and vibrating energetically on a similar level which unites and bonds us in a very special sisterhood....

I hope your time in here is short and sweet and I have ordered the baby dust truck to drop an obscenely HUGE load to all our doorsteps.

With much light and healthy happy bublette vibes for each and every one of you n yours....xmwahx

PS: Will come back for personals later gorgy gals...
    Last edited by keziah; 04-09-2010 at 19:53.

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey girls fly by with update

Can be found HERE

BBL xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Happy Birthday Amy! Saw your pics on FB, looks like you had some lovely birthday cuddles with Olivia. She is doing so well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    To all the newb ies , I'm Lisa, and have just recently graduated off this rollercoaster ride, but pop in every now and then to say hi to my buddies and to give encouragement and support xx

My story, conceived DD very easily - 6 weeks of trying for her, she is now 3 1/2. When she was 4 months old we started to try for #2. Was a 2 year rollercoaster of test after test, a zillion OPK's, zillion Blood tests a laparoscopy and dye study test and no known reason as to why it just wasnt happening. Signed up for IVF and fell pg cycle before we were to start, unfortunatley this ended with a MC at 5 weeks. Decided to take the eastern medicine approach and found a FANTASTIC acupuncturist who spent 4 months trying to get my bod back in check as it wasnt doing apparently what it should be with blood flow and circulation thus affecting the lining for a bub to implant. 4th cycle into seeing him we fell pregnant with the gorgeous little Chelsea who was born 6 weeks ago.

During all this I also did 2 rounds of clomid on a half dose, and it was the 2nd round of clomid along with the acupuncturist that saw us graduate off this rollercoaster with the 2nd lil one.

Hang in there, its tough, and thats what we are all here for to support each other through good and bad. I wish you all much success in your TTC journey and hope your lil prince/princesses are just around the corner

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Now I've got a spare 5mins thought I'd pop my head in properly & try do some proper personals since I've been self absorbed the last couple of weeks.

To all the newies & welcome to the group. You will find such support & comfort from these wonderful women in here. Not sure how I would of gotten through without these guys.

Even though my childbearing journey is now over I too pop my head in here to say hi to all the lovely women still going to offer the same support they showed me. I will stalk you guys always lol.

I'm Amy 26 now (boy does that feel weird lol) & my DH is 26 also.

Our story: It took us 14months to conceive DS1 (we were 20 at the time). No dr where we lived (Hamilton Island at the time) would do any testing or referral as we were young & had plenty of time. Had pretty much given up at the time when I found out we were expecting. An uneventful pregnancy & delivered right on time his due date (April 25th 2006).

We decided that since it took awhile to conceive DS1 that we would start TTC again earlish. 16.5months later we conceived DD1 (after finding out I had low progesterone). Trouble free pregnancy ended up with PROM at 34w6d & DD1 arriving at 35w1d (August 20th 2008).

So 3 was hubby's & my compromise (he wanted 2 children & I wanted at least 4) & since it had taken awhile to conceive DS1 & DD1 when DD1 was 8.5months we started talking about when we start ttc again. 2 weeks later I found out I was pregnant with our 3rd child. We had an uneventful 12weeks until we went to the NT scan where problems were found with our little one. We opted for further testing which they could not perform due to placement of bub & placenta. At 15w4d we found out our little man had passed away in utero so I was induced the next day & delivered our little angel Jacob at 15w5d due to a chromosomal abnormality.

6 months later & around the date Jacob was due we conceived our 4th child. Had many ups & downs from a bleed at 9.5weeks where we thought we'd lost bub, constant morning sickness from 6 weeks which saw me hooked up to iv fluids on a couple of occasions & maxalon & phernergan becoming my best friends lol. Gall bladder issues from 12.5 weeks to having it removed at 18.5weeks. Bleeding started again at 23w5d & was flown to Brisbane where my waters ended up breaking at 24w3d & delivering our DD2 via emergency csect at 25w2d. Currently living at the Ronald McDonald house at RBWH.

So I think my body has said enough is enough with children & Olivia is our last. Hubby is booking in to have a Vasectomy done as soon as he can get a dr to agree. So that is our story of the rollercoaster.

TTC can be emotionally & physically draining. Try to remember to do things for yourself & your partner & not get too wrapped up in everything (easier said than done) but if you try to do that you'll find you're able to keep your sanity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Trulyblessed for you honesty! I too have been through alot and as of today have to add another month to our TTC journey!! It sometimes feels like we are never going to get there but your story has given me a little hope..

Thanks for sharing x

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TrulyBlessed View Post
    Now I've got a spare 5mins thought I'd pop my head in properly & try do some proper personals since I've been self absorbed the last couple of weeks.

To all the newies & welcome to the group. You will find such support & comfort from these wonderful women in here. Not sure how I would of gotten through without these guys.

Even though my childbearing journey is now over I too pop my head in here to say hi to all the lovely women still going to offer the same support they showed me. I will stalk you guys always lol.

Our story: It took us 14months to conceive DS1 (we were 20 at the time). No dr where we lived (Hamilton Island at the time) would do any testing or referral as we were young & had plenty of time. Had pretty much given up at the time when I found out we were expecting. An uneventful pregnancy & delivered right on time his due date (April 25th 2006).

We decided that since it took awhile to conceive DS1 that we would start TTC again earlish. 16.5months later we conceived DD1 (after finding out I had low progesterone). Trouble free pregnancy ended up with PROM at 34w6d & DD1 arriving at 35w1d (August 20th 2008).

So 3 was hubby's & my compromise (he wanted 2 children & I wanted at least 4) & since it had taken awhile to conceive DS1 & DD1 when DD1 was 8.5months we started talking about when we start ttc again. 2 weeks later I found out I was pregnant with our 3rd child. We had an uneventful 12weeks until we went to the NT scan where problems were found with our little one. We opted for further testing which they could not perform due to placement of bub & placenta. At 15w4d we found out our little man had passed away in utero so I was induced the next day & delivered our little angel Jacob at 15w5d due to a chromosomal abnormality.

6 months later & around the date Jacob was due we conceived our 4th child. Had many ups & downs from a bleed at 9.5weeks where we thought we'd lost bub, constant morning sickness from 6 weeks which saw me hooked up to iv fluids on a couple of occasions & maxalon & phernergan becoming my best friends lol. Gall bladder issues from 12.5 weeks to having it removed at 18.5weeks. Bleeding started again at 23w5d & was flown to Brisbane where my waters ended up breaking at 24w3d & delivering our DD2 via emergency csect at 25w2d. Currently living at the Ronald McDonald house at RBWH.

So I think my body has said enough is enough with children & Olivia is our last. Hubby is booking in to have a Vasectomy done as soon as he can get a dr to agree. So that is our story of the rollercoaster.

TTC can be emotionally & physically draining. Try to remember to do things for yourself & your partner & not get too wrapped up in everything (easier said than done) but if you try to do that you'll find you're able to keep your sanity.
    Wow TruelyBlessed. You have definitley been on a TTC roller coaster ride. But as your name says, you really are TreulyBlessd to have 3 beautiful children.

I'm getting so with this TTC thing. DH cousins (who are younger than us) have kids and how his SIL (who only got married last october) is now due in about 5 weeks. All of them not even trying and here's DH and I getting poked and prodded, having internal ultrasounds too see what's happening up there and then having a large polyp removed and still nothing. Plus it sucks when people keep coming up to us and asking "when are you guys having kids? You've been married for years now (13 years next month). You guys don't have much time left you know!". How do you answer questions like that without wanting to punch the person in the face? It is so diffucult. And my absolute pet peeve is when people tell you to chill out and relax. Like you said, it's easier said than done.

That's why we hope this holiday we go on will help us do just that. But in the mean time, i've got an appointment with the doc tomorrow to find out what's happening and then ask her for the long awaited FS referal. We can make an appointment before we go on our vacation and see the FS when we come back. This will be our last and only hope to have the family that DH and I have so wanted for years. I hope that they can make that dream of ours a reality.

I'm so sorry for being such a downer everyone, but i'm surfing the crimson wave right now so i'm very emotional and hormones are flying everywhere. Give me a couple of days and i'll be right as rain.

Wishing all the very best in your TTC travels. Hopefully yours won't be as long as mine and you'll all be having very soon.

Hopefulmum2b

PreggySiren is offline Apparently I should be beyond "thinking positive!" Well I'm not!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello gorgeous girls. I admit I have been MIA lately, but wanted to welcome our newbies and check up on all of you beautiful creatures

Here's my little story: DH (33) & me (27) have been together over 8yrs & married in Apr '08. I have always desperately longed for children, but let DH make the decision to try when he was ready. After over 12 months of trying, we went off to the docs to see why things weren't happening (definitely wasn't for lack of trying hehe). We discovered DH had very low motility & morphology (talking low single digit percentages here) & that our only real chance of having children would be IVF ICSI. My fertility tests all came back perfect, from hormones to HyCoSy. Then a routine pap test revealed a high grade abnormality of my cervix. This was the first big shock in a series of shocks! Long story short, I was eventually diagnosed with stage 1B1 aggressive squamous cell carcinoma (cancer) of the cervix, of which the treatment is usually hysterectomy &/or radiotherapy. My brilliant surgeon offered radical trachelectomy (removal of majority of the cervix) & abdominal lymphadenectomy (removal of key abdominal lymph nodes). This isn't always effective & often if clear margins are not achieved, hysterectomy is still required. I was very lucky and have avoided both hysterectomy & radiotherapy. I also have 8 bubsicles via ICSI waiting for an opportunity to become our long-awaited children. It's been 2yrs now in this rollercoaster & I feel absolutely blessed to have stumbled across this thread & the amazing inspirational women in here. You girls are my TTC rock xx

Flash forward to today and my body is ready to push forward with our journey, but my mind/emotions/insurance aren't quite there. I will be high risk for 2nd/3rd trimester miscarriage & have no option but caesarian, so need to be quite prepared. Will freely admit I am freaking out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmum2b View Post
    [/COLOR]
    You're very welcome. I'm subscribed to about 4 threads here, so I get around a bit.
    Thanks hun. It is a very hard road to travel. You and these other beautiful women will know exactly how I feel. Especially TTC for so long. I have seen on another thread that a woman has been TTC since 2002! I've only been trying since 06-07, and some people think that that's long! But you really do have to try and think positive. Unfortunately for me, it is extreamy hard, when I have family and friends getting UTD without even trying. And with 3 angel babies and the prossibility of more is very concerning.
    But i'm glad that i've found someone close to my age who has the same concerns as me. It's hard with some other women who are either younger than us trying for bub #1 (or 2) or women who are older trying for bubs # 2 or 3. So it's good that I don't feel so alone. Although i'm certain that there are a few more out there our age who share out sentiments.
    But in the mean time, all the very best with TTC, and I hope that you get your BFP very soon. Sending heaps of you way.

Okay, enough of my long and winded essay. Wishing everyone the best of luck. Hopefully your stays here will be short ones. and to you all for some BFP this month.

Much love,
    Hopefulmum2b

xxx
    Thank you for the lovely thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by keziah View Post
    Omgshoes - great idea....

Here's my introduction to all our lovely newbies....

My DH and I are both 42yrs and have been TTC since 2007, riding a rollercoaster of tests/clomid/metformin/natural therapies and now under the care of a wonderful Acupuncturist with herbs only with cycles running like clockwork.

We are also going to the Westmead Fertility Clinic open nite next wk to hopefully sign up for IVF/ICSI. We have had two m/c and two chemicals. There is no stand-out reason as to why we are not falling pregnant (me - tubes clear/hormone levels good/ovulating regularly/14/15 day LP etc etc.....DH - sperm count borderline + recently diagnosed kidney failure). Obviously age is an issue also.

Being in here is both an honour and a life saver....I admit, occasionally I slope off and bury myself in red wine and chocolate and then I shake myself out of it and come back with renewed hope and energy and the amazing thing is everyone in here has a story and every one of us is feeling/thinking/behaving and vibrating energetically on a similar level which unites and bonds us in a very special sisterhood....

I hope your time in here is short and sweet and I have ordered the baby dust truck to drop an obscenely HUGE load to all our doorsteps.

With much light and healthy happy bublette vibes for each and every one of you n yours....xmwahx

PS: Will come back for personals later gorgy gals...
    Red wine and chocolate....cant go past it Hope that you get the BFP you are waiting for very very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Craftymum View Post
    To all the newb ies , I'm Lisa, and have just recently graduated off this rollercoaster ride, but pop in every now and then to say hi to my buddies and to give encouragement and support xx

My story, conceived DD very easily - 6 weeks of trying for her, she is now 3 1/2. When she was 4 months old we started to try for #2. Was a 2 year rollercoaster of test after test, a zillion OPK's, zillion Blood tests a laparoscopy and dye study test and no known reason as to why it just wasnt happening. Signed up for IVF and fell pg cycle before we were to start, unfortunatley this ended with a MC at 5 weeks. Decided to take the eastern medicine approach and found a FANTASTIC acupuncturist who spent 4 months trying to get my bod back in check as it wasnt doing apparently what it should be with blood flow and circulation thus affecting the lining for a bub to implant. 4th cycle into seeing him we fell pregnant with the gorgeous little Chelsea who was born 6 weeks ago.

During all this I also did 2 rounds of clomid on a half dose, and it was the 2nd round of clomid along with the acupuncturist that saw us graduate off this rollercoaster with the 2nd lil one.

Hang in there, its tough, and thats what we are all here for to support each other through good and bad. I wish you all much success in your TTC journey and hope your lil prince/princesses are just around the corner
    Congrats on your little girl They are so worth the long journey arent they...

Quote Originally Posted by TrulyBlessed View Post

Wow Amy, I really admire you. You have travelled a hard road, but didnt give up on what you wanted. It sounds like you have got a lovely supportive Dh as well

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmum2b View Post
    Wow TruelyBlessed. You have definitley been on a TTC roller coaster ride. But as your name says, you really are TreulyBlessd to have 3 beautiful children.

I'm getting so with this TTC thing. DH cousins (who are younger than us) have kids and how his SIL (who only got married last october) is now due in about 5 weeks. All of them not even trying and here's DH and I getting poked and prodded, having internal ultrasounds too see what's happening up there and then having a large polyp removed and still nothing. Plus it sucks when people keep coming up to us and asking "when are you guys having kids? You've been married for years now (13 years next month). You guys don't have much time left you know!". How do you answer questions like that without wanting to punch the person in the face? It is so diffucult. And my absolute pet peeve is when people tell you to chill out and relax. Like you said, it's easier said than done.

That's why we hope this holiday we go on will help us do just that. But in the mean time, i've got an appointment with the doc tomorrow to find out what's happening and then ask her for the long awaited FS referal. We can make an appointment before we go on our vacation and see the FS when we come back. This will be our last and only hope to have the family that DH and I have so wanted for years. I hope that they can make that dream of ours a reality.

I'm so sorry for being such a downer everyone, but i'm surfing the crimson wave right now so i'm very emotional and hormones are flying everywhere. Give me a couple of days and i'll be right as rain.

Wishing all the very best in your TTC travels. Hopefully yours won't be as long as mine and you'll all be having very soon.

Hopefulmum2b
    Hopeful - it is hard hearing about everyone else getting pregnant isnt it, and its not like you arent happy for them you just wonder why the hell it isnt you. Oh and the comments you are talking about, when they ask when you are going to have kids, there is just no helping some people. I mean do they really think that it is any of their business anyways. I get it at work all the time and I sometimes feel like turning around and saying something horrible to them! Hope that you have a lovely holiday and get a chance to relax with DH.
    FS appointment is a good idea, and if you can make the appointment before you go on holidays I am sure that the time you have to wait will go so much quicker. That is the worse bit of this whole TTC thing I think, the waiting, for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by PreggySiren View Post
    Hello gorgeous girls. I admit I have been MIA lately, but wanted to welcome our newbies and check up on all of you beautiful creatures

Here's my little story: DH (33) & me (27) have been together over 8yrs & married in Apr '08. I have always desperately longed for children, but let DH make the decision to try when he was ready. After over 12 months of trying, we went off to the docs to see why things weren't happening (definitely wasn't for lack of trying hehe). We discovered DH had very low motility & morphology (talking low single digit percentages here) & that our only real chance of having children would be IVF ICSI. My fertility tests all came back perfect, from hormones to HyCoSy. Then a routine pap test revealed a high grade abnormality of my cervix. This was the first big shock in a series of shocks! Long story short, I was eventually diagnosed with stage 1B1 aggressive squamous cell carcinoma (cancer) of the cervix, of which the treatment is usually hysterectomy &/or radiotherapy. My brilliant surgeon offered radical trachelectomy (removal of majority of the cervix) & abdominal lymphadenectomy (removal of key abdominal lymph nodes). This isn't always effective & often if clear margins are not achieved, hysterectomy is still required. I was very lucky and have avoided both hysterectomy & radiotherapy. I also have 8 bubsicles via ICSI waiting for an opportunity to become our long-awaited children. It's been 2yrs now in this rollercoaster & I feel absolutely blessed to have stumbled across this thread & the amazing inspirational women in here. You girls are my TTC rock xx

Flash forward to today and my body is ready to push forward with our journey, but my mind/emotions/insurance aren't quite there. I will be high risk for 2nd/3rd trimester miscarriage & have no option but caesarian, so need to be quite prepared. Will freely admit I am freaking out!
    Good luck with your bubsicles.

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all you lovely ladies sharing your very difficult TTC journeys. I have to admit with people around me seeming to get pregnant at a drop of a hat, I was getting into the whole, woe is me attitude, and at the end of the day I am in a good position and know that (hopefully) my OBGYN is doing everything she can for me. I really hope that all you lovely ladies get your BFP's soon...
    Big hugs to all
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    loving the bonding going on here in the rollercoaster <3

not much to tell af has arrived and ive turned to retail therapy so this month ttc wont become a chore look out db