+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    just thought of another thing i miss, corned silverside, haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha! I just read all the posts and was like 'oh yeah, I miss all those things too!' Milo's a good one.
    I'm in Germany, and staying here for quite a while so I am trying to find alternatives. But isn't it astounding how in the small global world of 2010 you can't get these things. Why aren't there Tim Tams in Germany, or at least a similar product with a different name? They're the best chocolate bickies in the world!
    We can get Weet Bix at the supermarket but that's because we're close to the UK and they're quite expensive. Oh and one more

Sultana bran
    oh and raisin toast
    I also miss the Playgroup association!

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always missed kraft macaroni cheese, and lamb chops.
    then they invented easy mac, so I can take a heap of mini serves with me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am currently missing Melbourne Coffee!

Nothing is comparable to Melbourne coffee unless of course, you are in Italy.

I am moving to the UK at the end of the year, and no offence to my British Hubbers, but the coffee tastes like swill over there I have no idea what I'm going to do when I get over there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i have found tim tams, milo, weetbix, vegimite here in the UAE but its hard to find white chocolate..
    you can even buy australian honey here.

i also miss good coffee and miss getting good take out Chinese and simple herbs i use for cooking, also thickened cream is hard to get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't even know where to start. Well there is no take away food here (could really go for a hj's vegeburger lol), fresh fruit and veges, gosh and everything is just sooo expensive so even though there are a few varities of chips/crisps here, they are $9 a bag!! Hard to justify, especially when I'd scoff them straight away.

Fresh milk, ohhh that'd be heaven. $18 for a 2l bottle here!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soy sauce, Indian spices, good tea, nice seafood and fresh mangos in France. On the plus side, the cheese, champagne, cider, saucisson, pain au chocolats and cakes make up for it.