+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OK maybe this is the problem...... The contract I signed at the beginning of the school year was until 17th Dec..... but does that mean that's when I'm contracted to or does it end at the end of the holidays... i.e Jan 21st?

and what is the difference between the two?

Thanks
    Reviews
    well I put in my application anyway to see what happens and it got approved.

So what they said was any mat pay that goes beyond the school holidays (i.e 27th Jan) you get as a lump sum with the last pay day.

Think I was confused, cause the contract I signed was dated till the 17th Dec but when I rang the DET they had 27th Jan (end of holidays) so I was within my contract (counting holiday pay period).

Phew..... think I just scraped in there

Thanks for all the advice ladies, was very confusing...... even for the school I'm working

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieSuki View Post

So what they said was any mat pay that goes beyond the school holidays (i.e 27th Jan) you get as a lump sum with the last pay day.
    This isnt what happened to my mat leave pay.

Im in the same situation as you- temp/part time 2days. I took mat leave (although I gave birth within my contract period) and had taught for more than 40wks previously. They gave me 6 months at half pay during school terms but full pay during holidays.

Can I ask are you job sharing a class, STL/RFF or in the library?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kaismumma View Post

Can I ask are you job sharing a class, STL/RFF or in the library?
    I'm job sharing a class in NSW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even if you don't get maternity leave from the ed dept. You should get the parental leave from the government, as long as bub is born after 1st January.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies, I wast just posting to see how you went with getting maternity leave? And if any of you think I would be entitled to it? I think I may be pushing it though. I have only just gone back to work after having my first baby, and just realised I am now expecting (very exciting). I signed the contract on the 7th may which states it ends on the 19th dec. I got a positive preg test this morning and my edd is 16th jan. So if I finish on 19th dec that means I've only worked around 36weeks (I think). Would the maternity leave make up or the other 4 weeks to make up the 40 weeks a service? Also because my due date is past the date of my contract (but before term 1 starts) would I be entitled to maternity leave? Thankyou in advance :-)